• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Crusade

Realistically, the way American TV works, I would have to say that it's highly unlikely.

The British TV programming model, where a second series of Fawlty Towers is produced several years after the first, just isn't how the American networks do business.

Realistically, the way American TV works, I would have to say that it's highly unlikely.

The British TV programming model, where a second series of Fawlty Towers is produced several years after the first, just isn't how the American networks do business.

Then, maybe it needs to be made in the UK.

Hi there - does anyone know if there is going to be another series of crusade? :p

[Kosh]

Yes.

No.

[/Kosh]

(Yes, people know the answer to your question. "No", there isn't going to be another season of Crusade. ) :)

Regards,

Joe

Then, maybe it needs to be made in the UK.
Possibly.

But if it was really going to be a second series (season in US terminology) of the same show, it would imply getting at least the vast majority of the same cast back.

If it was to be made in the UK, then you would have a British produced show where almost the entire regular cast (all except Peter Woodward) was comprised of Americans brought over just for that job. My impression is that that is not how the British production houses do business.

Don't get me wrong. I would love to see Crusade picked back up and continued. It's just that the logical analyzer of situations in me can't help but conclude that it is unlikely to happen.

Although, "unlikely" is not "impossible". "Hope springs eternal", as they say.

No way, kiddies.

If more Crusade happens, I'll videotape me eating my own ass for your collective amusement.

No way, kiddies.

If more Crusade happens, I'll videotape me eating my own ass for your collective amusement.

And suddenly, for the first time, I find myself rooting against the idea of a Crusade revival. :)

Thanks ever-so-much for the visual, by the way. :D

Joe

No way, kiddies.

By the time they make a new Crusade, you should be able to record your act on your old HD DVD player, with your worn-out pocket HDcam.

And your butt will be as wrinkled as a prune... :eek: :LOL: I hope your teeth will be up to it! :D

Hey, you should mail that to the fox board.

They will make Crusade, even if they expect a few million loss. After all, just think what the footage of you eating your ass will be worth to them? Jerry Springer, Funniest home videos, loads of "... from hell" shows.

No way, kiddies.

And suddenly, for the first time, I find myself rooting against the idea of a Crusade revival. :)

You're not the only one.

Thanks ever-so-much for the visual, by the way.

I think we're in dire need of a gross-out/Mr. Yuk smiley.

Some of the Crusade storyline is available in Jeanne Calvelos's series of B5 spin-off novels, the Techno-Mage trilogy. I believe it was based on an outline and/or notes from JMS. Its very good. I enjoyed it far more than I normally enjoy spin-off novels.

J

Some of the Crusade storyline is available in Jeanne Calvelos's series of B5 spin-off novels, the Techno-Mage trilogy. I believe it was based on an outline and/or notes from JMS. Its very good. I enjoyed it far more than I normally enjoy spin-off novels.

J

You're preaching to the choir. I'm reading it for the second time right now, and have it in hardback as well as the trade paperbacks. ;)

Oh I know. But I hadn't been to this forum in an age (the recent good news brought me back), and this thread started as a request for more Crusade, so...

what i really don't get is that there must be some insanely rich FANATIC out there, bill gates or someone, who could buy the rights and make the show, selling it on just so he can watch more crusade, if i had a hundred million i would in a second.

what i really don't get is that there must be some insanely rich FANATIC out there, bill gates or someone, who could buy the rights and make the show, selling it on just so he can watch more crusade, if i had a hundred million i would in a second.

Or a unicorn! That's it! There must be a unicorm or an elf who could do it!

:D

Every couple of years somebody semi-seriously suggests raising money from fans to finish the series., as though money were the only obstacle. It isn't and never has been.

Two parties are required for a sale to take place: a buyer, and a seller. Even there were some rich, crazy (and probably stupid) person out there willing to spend a millions of dollars to produce 4 1/2 or 5 seasons of a TV show purely for his own enjoyment, Warner Bros. woulld have to be willing to sell the property. And why should they? It miight be valuable to them someday and there's no rush to do anything about it now.

Then there's the matter of the actors. Yes, actors work for pay, but they also work for recognition, awards and to advance their careers. They wouldn't devote years to doing a series that nobody was ever going to see. If you don't have a network or cable company to show the thing, nobody ever will. If you do have a network or cable channel, you don't need to finance it yourself.

The Crusade story will be continued, if at all, when Warner Bros. sees a business reason to continue or remake the series themselves.

There is a chance, but only a chance, that TLT wiill give them that reason. A major DVD success could at least make feasible a series of TV-move-like discs to cover the major points of the five-year story.

Regards,

Joe

You do not need to win the lottery; you just need to take over the world...or at least a few countries here and there. Then, as supreme ruler, you could commision as many B5 series as JMS would be willing to write. Then, just have the show run on your state-controlled media and you are good to go.

In lieu of that, you could just try to hook some authoritarian world leader on the show.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back