• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Captain America: The First Avenger

They show him towards the end of the trailer.

& they got Hugo Weaving to play him... ;)

Last edited:
I saw it in 3D. Liked the film, but the 3D was nothing special. Good cast, solid acting, decent script, acceptably true to Cap's character. I guess my only real quibble is SPOILER:
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
It seemed absurd to me that Tommy Lee Jones would not have wanted Cap to be a part of his team, from the start. More training, yes. But, let him go off to sell war bonds, when he was the most physically capable person they had, by far, just seems unbelievable.

Haven't seen it yet, but the blurb I read said that they were worried about losing him... the PR repercussions of losing someone called "Captain America" would have been catastrophic.

He wasn't yet called Captain America, when they decided to send him off to sell war bonds, instead of fighting.

Captain America is beating Harry Potter at the box office!

He wasn't yet called Captain America, when they decided to send him off to sell war bonds, instead of fighting.

Captain America is beating Harry Potter at the box office!
Now, now, let's not get carried away. HP was heavily front loaded, every one rushed out to see it as soon as possible. So, yes, Capt. America took over first place on it's opening week, which is an amazing accomplishment, but, I seriously doubt Capt America has any prayer of beating HP's box office. HP has already made $273K domestic and $560K Foreign for a total Box Office of almost $834K

You're right, I should have been more specific. According to what I read,anyway, when CA opened, it pushed Harry to second place.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back