B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old August 30th 22, 23:12   #1
Jan
Psi Cop

SECRET B5 project - completed

From all indications, this is something completely separate from the re-imagining.

https://twitter.com/straczynski/stat...41342264709120

Quote:
J. Michael Straczynski
@straczynski
BTW and FYI, my Patrons are first to hear everything related to B5 & all my other projects; getting pages from my new novel, peeks into a secret B5 project THAT HAS BEEN COMPLETED for '23 release, commentaries, archival photos, storyboards, scripts & more.
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st 22, 05:30   #2
hypatia
First One

Re: SECRET B5 project - completed

I wonder what this might be. Thanks for keeping your ear to the ground for us. Always hoping!
Old August 31st 22, 07:46   #3
Springer
Telepath

There was that thing from last year when JMS was asking round for old CGI files. Triple F alluded to an animated project...

But fantastic news that it's done!
Springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st 22, 08:45   #4
LateArrival
Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springer View Post
There was that thing from last year when JMS was asking round for old CGI files. Triple F alluded to an animated project...

...and back when B5Events had B5Events , Patricia Tallman mentioned she had "gotten together" with some of the B5 actors. ...had to be for Something, right?

Fingers Crossed that once Whatever It Is hits the market, the wonderful people of B5Books might be able to publish the material!! Script/s, Commentaries, Interviews, Concept Art, Behind The Scenes, etc.
Old August 31st 22, 10:13   #5
Springer
Telepath

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateArrival View Post
Quote:

...and back when B5Events had B5Events , Patricia Tallman mentioned she had "gotten together" with some of the B5 actors. ...had to be for Something, right?

Fingers Crossed that once Whatever It Is hits the market, the wonderful people of B5Books might be able to publish the material!! Script/s, Commentaries, Interviews, Concept Art, Behind The Scenes, etc.
Yes! I'm hoping this whole B5 revival will see some more official merchandise too as well as the great stuff B5Books have been producing.

JMS said that all the surviving cast are in this new project. I wonder if that includes Tracy Scoggins, Andrea Thompson, Julie Caitlin Brown, and Jason Carter (not to mention people like Josh Cox and Marshall Teague)?

Unfortunately JMS also mentioned in one of his tweets that the project wouldn't be revealed until SDCC next year!! That feels like much too long to wait!
Old August 31st 22, 10:28   #6
Ubik
Commander

My best bet would be an audio drama. Affordable enough to make and could have conceivably have been funded by his Patreon.

I'd LOVE to see B5 animated content, but somehow think we'd have heard from a studio / streaming platform to build hype by now if that were the case.
Ubik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st 22, 17:51   #7
Jan
Psi Cop

Quote:
JMS said that all the surviving cast are in this new project. I wonder if that includes Tracy Scoggins, Andrea Thompson, Julie Caitlin Brown, and Jason Carter (not to mention people like Josh Cox and Marshall Teague)?
Not-so-minor quibble here. What he said was

Quote:
And all of the main B5 cast members still around participated.
So that may preclude the recurring actors' appearing.
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Old August 31st 22, 19:41   #8
LateArrival
Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan View Post
Quote:
Not-so-minor quibble here. What he said was

Quote:
And all of the main B5 cast members still around participated.
So that may preclude the recurring actors' appearing.

For what it is (or is not) worth, was casting about for Trivia and it appears that Late Summer-ish 2021 was when Pat might have mentioned a "recent get-together". One Potential Clue may be that in Late July 2021 there were several of the infamous Alternate Flipping The Bird TV Guide Photos for sale via B5Events - Two Variations. If memory serves, Variation One was her autograph plus a **print** of Richard Biggs.

The Second Variation (only 3 available) had non-print autographs from Richard Biggs as well as Pat. But these photos also had additional autographs from Bruce Boxleitner, Claudia Christian, Peter Jurasik, and Bill Mumy - she had gotten these additional sigs at a dinner in June 2021. If "Pat and Four Others" were together in June 2021, could maybe guess at least five potential cast members on this project?

No way of guessing for cast members who weren't in that TV Guide photo - Tracy Scoggins, Joshua Cox, etc. As to "when" a potential New B5 Story might be set, if it takes place after season 4 in the time frame of ...?... the short story "Hidden Agendas", Marcus would be (mostly) dead and in cryo.

Last edited by LateArrival; August 31st 22 at 20:11.
LateArrival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st 22, 20:22   #9
Jan
Psi Cop

Pat posted the pic the week of June 23, 2021:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQcxP6rl...8MIKharpg2CAqw
Old August 31st 22, 21:31   #10
Springer
Telepath

See, I'd say Tracy Scoggins, Andrea Thompson etc are main cast.

I'd imagine the Telepath War is near the top of the possible stories and might best suit the available cast members, but how do we know it's only one story? Maybe there are several stories, a bit like Lost Tales, there could be one set during the Shadow War with Ivanova and Marcus, for example, if JMS wanted to include Jason Carter.

Well, a year of speculation is going to be torturous, but presumably it's going to be a fairly big project if it's going to debut at SDCC. Hopefully we'll get more details before then.