• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Misc. Races from Season 1

Elipsis

Regular
Watching the series in sequence from Season 1 to the beginning of Season 3 so far I didn't really notice it... but when I jumped back through time dramatically to Season 1, I noticed the following things:

-Ivanova got a little fatter by S3 (this is what Dr. Franklin wanted)
-Na'Grath is gone :(
-A number of miscellaneously races disappeared. Races such as those that appeared in Survivors and TKO with 1-5 members... they all seem to have stopped existing by mid S2 in favor of the Markab, Pak'Mara, and Drazi being more well defined.

ive often wondered what happened to Na'Grath. I guess the role wasnt really needed after a point as the focus switched to the shadows and the currupt EarthGov

I bet JMS watched an ep with N'Grath one day when he was high and the giant grasshopper gave him a bad trip, so he vowed never to risk causing that kind of trauma to anyone else, 'cause he's just such a sweetheart.

I think it is hinted at somewhere that Na'Grath got killed but I am not sure who did it. It may well have been the Shadows/Morden because Na'Grath would try to keep himself aware of everything going on within the station and Morden's activities may well have attracted attention. Rather than trying to pay off Na'Grath, I could see the Shadows having their associates eliminate him.

JMS may have said otherwise somewhere but I like my little idea :p

(Perhaps Jan could check me on this since I don't feel like digging out my scriptbooks :eek:) I think the official way to render his name is:

n'grath (aka no a before the apostrophe, and specifically with a lowercase n)

(Perhaps Jan could check me on this since I don't feel like digging out my scriptbooks :eek:) I think the official way to render his name is:

n'grath (aka no a before the apostrophe, and specifically with a lowercase n)

Yes, like the pak'ma'ra, there's no capitalization to the name.

The only thing I can find in the script books is the photo in Volume 1. There's this post from JMS, though:

Subject: HEY JOE, Where's N'Grath ????
To: rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated
Date: 12/24/1994 4:19:00 PM

I kinda got disenchanted with the way n'grath came out; he may or may
not return. (In my mind I keep seeing some new enforcer with n'grath's
head on his desk....)

jms

Yeah, JMS ditched him because he looked a little rubbish, and the only time he's mentioned after S1 is in S5, Learning Curve, when the cockney thug whose name I can't remember moves in to fill the underworld power vacuum n'grath left behind.

I thought I remembered seeing the Abbai ambassador in 'Rumors, Bargains and Lies' when the group of ambassadors was concerned about the invisible enemy. Couldn't swear to it, though.

Jan

I bet JMS watched an ep with N'Grath one day when he was high and the giant grasshopper gave him a bad trip, so he vowed never to risk causing that kind of trauma to anyone else, 'cause he's just such a sweetheart.

:LOL: :LOL:

Either that or N'Grath got eaten by an even larger space bug. ;)

I liked the Abbai a good deal too; they should've been kept. They were far more visually interesting, if you ask me, than others like the Hyach.

There are two background aliens in The Gathering that I think would've been nice as miscellaneous League members. One is this short, green-skined, bat-like one, and the other is a greyish-blue spikey-headed spikey-lizard one. Their designs both looked quite nice for background aliens.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back