B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old December 17th 18, 23:20   #11
Markas
His Majesty

Send a message via MSN to Markas
Re: JMS: Saved by Superman

Great cover...looking forward to reading it!
Old December 18th 18, 00:52   #12
Jan
Psi Cop

Hoping to get an ARC or early edition at SDCC next July.
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th 19, 09:37   #13
Jan
Psi Cop

JMS has made some announcements regarding his autobiography coming out in July. First, some conventions where he'll be promoting the book:

Supercon at Miami Florida, July 4th weekend

San Diego Comic Con, weekend of July 18th

Raleigh Supercon, North Carolina, weekend of July 25th.

Terrificon, Connecticut, weekend of August 9th.

And the big news is that he's announced the reader for the audiobook version of "Becoming Superman": Peter Jurasik! (no, not in Londo-voice)
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Old March 16th 19, 00:05   #14
KoshFan
Soul Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan View Post

And the big news is that he's announced the reader for the audiobook version of "Becoming Superman": Peter Jurasik!
Oooooooh!

Quote:
(no, not in Londo-voice)
Aw, nuts.

The Generous Grasp
KoshFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th 19, 14:54   #15
Looney
Telepath

Quote:
Peter Jurasik! (no, not in Londo-voice)
No, but seriously it has to be in Londo's voice. I am certain the book begins with "I was there" so it has to be in Londo's voice.
Looney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th 19, 22:20   #16
Jan
Psi Cop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looney View Post
No, but seriously it has to be in Londo's voice. I am certain the book begins with "I was there" so it has to be in Londo's voice.
Looney, darling - you know I love you right? Please, please believe me when I tell you that it would be *hideously* inappropriate. Honest! I've read it twice now.
Old April 18th 19, 16:09   #17
Looney
Telepath

Quote:
Quote:
Looney, darling - you know I love you right? Please, please believe me when I tell you that it would be *hideously* inappropriate. Honest! I've read it twice now.
See why would I want to read that?! Why would I want to hear some horrible tale of woe?! What if it taints my view of Babylon 5 or him?! (I would use BABYLON CONFIDENTIAL as an example, but it did neither. It didn't taint my view of CC or Ivanova or Babylon 5. That doesn't mean I necessarily loved it. It was a little TMI.)
Looney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th 19, 17:27   #18
Jan
Psi Cop

Quote:
See why would I want to read that?! Why would I want to hear some horrible tale of woe?! What if it taints my view of Babylon 5 or him?! (I would use BABYLON CONFIDENTIAL as an example, but it did neither. It didn't taint my view of CC or Ivanova or Babylon 5. That doesn't mean I necessarily loved it. It was a little TMI.)
Let's just say that it's a good thing going in that we know it has a happy ending. No, no TMI-certainly not to the extent of Claudia's book- but yes, a good bit of it about his family is pretty sickening. Fair warning. Here's my review if it helps.
https://www.goodreads.com/review/sho..._review_page=1