• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Legend Of The Seeker

Well RW, they had "sisiers of the light" and Richard turns the kid ("a true listener") over to them. Nary a collar in sight.:rolleyes:

Channe has it right.:devil:

I tried to watch it. It was too much like Xena for me to get into.

And I tried to read the Wheel of Time books, and i just couldn't get into them.

I tried to watch it. It was too much like Xena for me to get into.

And I tried to read the Wheel of Time books, and i just couldn't get into them.

I started the 4th Wheel of Time book, and got about 100pages into it, before I finally gave up. I spent so much time flipping back and forth to the glossary on every page, it became a major task trying to read the book and I got no enjoyment from it. From what I understand though, it isn't much more comprehensible when starting with book 1. I do feel sorry for the fans that he passed away before finishing the saga. I hope for their sake he left enough notes, and there is a competent writer with access to the materials who can tie it up for them.

Yeah, I never got into Jordan either, but maybe I'll try again someday.

LOVING the Fire and Ice series so far. Halfway through the first book and I can't put it down.

I see one of the upcoming episodes is titled "Denna". I'm curious to see what part they have for her in the show.

I started the 4th Wheel of Time book, and got about 100pages into it, before I finally gave up. I spent so much time flipping back and forth to the glossary on every page, it became a major task trying to read the book and I got no enjoyment from it. From what I understand though, it isn't much more comprehensible when starting with book 1. I do feel sorry for the fans that he passed away before finishing the saga. I hope for their sake he left enough notes, and there is a competent writer with access to the materials who can tie it up for them.

Robert Jordan did leave notes and Brandon Sanderson is completing the series.The book (called A Memory to Light) should be out at the end of the year.

Apparently there was notes for a couple more sequel novels and a few other related novels although I have no idea if they will be published.

Yeah, I never got into Jordan either, but maybe I'll try again someday.

LOVING the Fire and Ice series so far. Halfway through the first book and I can't put it down.

They only get better. Read the current ones x3 over already, and I rarely re-read books ...

They only get better. Read the current ones x3 over already, and I rarely re-read books ...

The characters are so awesome. I'm really liking Tyrion Lannister, as weird as that may sound. I hope he doesn't croak too fast.

And Dany is awesome, too. Her brother is a big fat assclown, though.

Damn damn damn you guys! Game of Thrones is rocking so hard.

Spoiler for :
Prince Viserys just bought it via a pot of melted gold, thanks to Khael Drogo. That fucking rocks.

I watched the episode with Denna. It wasn't quite like the book but it still had the same element of Denna torturing Richard, but coming to care about him at the same time. There were a couple of elements involving Kahlan that weren't in the book, and I'm not sure I like them. Other than that, it was an interesting episode.

Damn damn damn you guys! Game of Thrones is rocking so hard.

Spoiler for :
Prince Viserys just bought it via a pot of melted gold, thanks to Khael Drogo. That fucking rocks.

Just keep at it !! The downer is that all other fantasy seems a bit tame and twee by comparison.

Yeah, I'm on book 2 now:

Spoiler for :
Dany found a dead city. Arya is with the orphan gang. Arya makes me laugh my butt off. Geesh. I hope she finds her wolf.

I'm still watching Seeker. They're into the second season now. I don't like the fact that they've totally changed the story to fit what they want. There are storylines that are in the show that weren't in the books and stuff in the books that hasn't made it to the show. It's almost totally different from the books. But I'm still watching it because inspite of them not even being close to being true to Goodkind's story it's still interesting. It's full of drama and action, and I'd probably like it even if I've never read the Sword of Truth series.

A silly show. Albeit different kinds of silly than the british show Merlin.

It's not possible to make good fantasy tv.

Martin's "A Song of Ice and Fire" is going to test that theory soon. With an HBO budget behind it, and some excellent casting (Sean Bean!), and high-quality source material, it's got a chance, anyway.

I hope they prove me wrong but I'm not sure if Martin's stuff will manage it though. I mean, it would, but it's infinitely too muddled for the masses.

How is it too muddled for the masses? We have to take into consideration that the show will probably not follow the stories exactly. Look at True Blood on how they've changed things up.

Furthermore, with the multiple POV's, that element simply won't translate to any kind of film/series version. It will simply run on story and the characters through that story.

The Biblical-esque lists of names (of knights and such) will not translate and they likely won't even attempt to get into that much detail in the series.

The story actually moves pretty fast if you take separate character POV's out and combine them and show them parallel to other character storylines.

I always wondered if someone could go back and just read on character's POV all the way through--like a separate little book all its own. :)

Anway, back to the topic. I think people will enjoy this. It feels far more LOTR than Xena/Hercules/Legend of the Seeker. Folks seem to love the Tudors as well (which is high intrigue as is Ice and Fire). Elizabeth was the same way. I think they've got series gold, imho.

The only hiccup right now is that the show hasn't gotten the greenlight. The pilot just finished wrapping up and the public won't "get the word" until March of 2010. That means we probably won't see the series (should it be OK'ed) until 2011.

Chances are very GOOD (that's the word on the street) and there wouldn't be all this hubaloo if HBO execs weren't serious about it.

Of course, they'll have to do some fancy camera work if it does go into production. Lena Headey is newly pregnant (and will be even moreso by March). :) Apparently they had to use a body double for her, erhm, scene with Jamie. Ahhh.... "The things I do for love . . ."

If they simplify matters too much it'll be just like the other fantasy shows: bunch of people in robes running circles in forests.

But hey, you're right. It might be good. I'm not familiar with the True Blood books, but I really liked the second season of the tv series. I guess fans might snort at this but heck, it was well done.

Haha, I don't know who is running around in forests in robes in Ice and Fire! I know a lot of stuff happens in the courtroom, in the war room, in the bedroom for that matter. :)

From what I have read of the True Blood book series (I never read them) they are kind of picking and choosing from all of the books what elements to bring into the show. So, something from book 3 might be in Season 1, etc. And (spoiler for books . . .)

Spoiler for :
Lafayette dies at the end of book 1, I think, but they kept him around in the series.

From what I have heard about the series "pitch" they want to produce one season to equal one book. But, that may not work out exactly that way. You have the character of Jaime who doesn't really enter into the fray until the end of book 2. That would mean the actor would have very little to do until then--except for some appearances in the first few episodes of season 1).

So, they may beef his part up a bit--give him more dialogue/scenes with Cersei, with Ed, who knows.

They might stick him in prison sooner or later and give him dialogue/scenes within. It's hard to say.

I know they added one character to the series that's not in the book--a whore named Ros (who I assume will be for Tyrion's character).

Maybe I'll go to the Game of Thrones thread and try to figure out how they might pace the 12 episodes (for the first season). Hmmm.

At any rate. I babble. :)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back