• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Silver Surfer movie

Sinclair

It seems a movie about Silver Surfer is going to be in the works after the next X-Men movie. I'm not quite sure how they'll end up pulling this one off. Didn't he get his superhero ability from aliens or space somehow? I really don't remember.

Silver Surfer

It seems a movie about Silver Surfer is going to be in the works after the next X-Men movie. I'm not quite sure how they'll end up pulling this one off. Didn't he get his superhero ability from aliens or space somehow? I really don't remember.
He became a hearld of Galactus in order to spare his homeworld Zenn-La (or something like that). Now just a word about Galactus... he's older than the universe itself (he was the sole survivor from the previous universe before the Big Bang); he's so powerful that the beings that he has made his hearlds have incalcuable power; he also has to "eat" planets in order to survive ... which is why Zenn-La was in danger. Norrin Radd (the Silver Surfer) basically made a deal with Galactus to become his hearld and to search for uninhabited planets for his master to eat in order to spare his homeworld. Unfortunately, Zenn-La was destroyed anyway. In any case, the time came when Norrin found the Earth and instead of letting his master consume us, he turned on Galactus and became our protector.

Who knows how much of that history they'll incorporate into the movie. The Silver Surfer, much like the Hulk, is a difficult character to tackle ... not only for CGI purposes, but in terms of the story. Frankly, I always loved the character, because the dude is so "cosmic" -- he tackles things on a galactic scale, while, say, Spider-Man is tackling bank robbers in Queens.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back