• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Famke back for X3

Then after Highlander 2, didn't they make a Highlander 3 which completely IGNORED everything that happened in Highlander 2 because it sucked so much?

Highlander 2 found a very sci-fi'ish loophole to undo the ending of Highlander 1. Highlander 3 ignored Highlander 2 because 2 sucked so bad and found a way of semi-ignoring the ending of 1.

Highlander Endgame was based on the TV show. The TV show was actually pretty good, despite the fact that it couldn't exist without completely ignoring the end of Highlander 1. However, Highlander Endgame was not that good.

And now... The two guys who won the screenplay portion of the Project Greenlight 3 contest are under contract to write the screenplay for Highlander 5. That's been mentioned on the PG3 TV show. They got the job for H5 before the movie they wrote for PG3, called Feast, had even finished pre-production. I started reading Feast, and the first few pages are pretty fluffy and lame.

Here's the weird part... I looked up Highlander 5 at www.imdb.com, and the only star listed is Christopher Lambert as Connor MacLeod. That's strange considering what happened in Highland Endgame. Even though Adrian Paul is not yet listed as a cast member, the Plot Outline says: "Duncan MacLeod and his fellow Immortals search for the meaning of Immortality."

Oh for the love of....

Why?! Why the fuck can't they just stop making sequels to shit?!

The mantra of Highlander was "there can be only 1." At the end of the film, there was, logically, only 1. You can't do that and then have 500 again later. When producers started to utter the words, "We want to do a sequel to Highlander" some exec should have hit them on the nose with a rolled-up newspaper as if they were a bad pet and said "No! Bad producer!"

I did like the TV show sometimes. I just imagined it all took place before the film. In my own mind, the TV series stuff happens than the TV highlander is killed at some point than the movie happens and the end. Please refrain from providing any evidence to the contrary.

I just imagined it all took place before the film. In my own mind, the TV series stuff happens than the TV highlander is killed at some point than the movie happens and the end. Please refrain from providing any evidence to the contrary.

:LOL: :D :LOL: Okay, I won't provide evidence to the contrary... However, the evidence does exist, unfortunately. ;) :p ;)

I liked the tv show and I also believed it took place before the end of the first movie considering Christopher Lambert appeared in the very first episode as Connor. The original Highlander was a great film IMO and everything after just sucked. However there is Highlander 2 the Renegade Version where they delete out any reference to them being from another planet but even then the movie still doesnt make much sense and still ignores the first one.

Oh for the love of....

Why?! Why the fuck can't they just stop making sequels to shit?!

The mantra of Highlander was "there can be only 1." At the end of the film, there was, logically, only 1. You can't do that and then have 500 again later.

I just don't know why they didn't just go the prequal route with any Highlander sequals.

We got something like hundreds of years of Connor from the death of his first love through to the NY NY end. I could watch some prequel stuffs, but 2 and 3 just blew it BIG TIME.

The only thing I enjoyed in 2 was the return of Ramirez, even though he really should have stayed dead. :p
Though the Obi Wan spirit thing was far from the worst of the #2 mess.

I collected the X-Men in the 70's and read the Phoenix/Dark Phoenix saga at the time. One of the things about the Phoenix was that she was good for a while. She had more power than Jean, but wasn't awesome until they helped Princess Lilliandra of the Shi'Ar combat her lunatic brother. It was the bluhdeebludeesomethingorother chrystal that she had to exert her Phoenix powers on that released the Dark Phoenix. If they don't get to the Shi'Ar homeworld, then it may not happen in X3.

bluhdeebludeesomethingorother chrystal

For a second there I thought that was actually the name of it and I was wondering how the hell you remembered not only the name, but the spelling. Then I actually went back and read it.

I was about to call you a nerd. :D

Back