• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Battlestar Galactica The Greatest Scif show? or Babylon 5 [Spoilers for BSG S4]

Status
Not open for further replies.

I've done the same for Babylon-5 my friend.
Bring on your so called truck. I'm sure you actually have some experienced Fiver backgrounders like Brandon Bray and Chris Sapiano or others. I've been a FIVER a very LONG time. Argued story, plot character, and fictional tech longer than some of you have even known the show existed-since 1996 has it been?
::snicker:: For somebody so proud of hir 'credentials' you'd think that s/he could at least get basic, supremely easily checked facts correct.

I think my sig pretty much sums Thinker up.

Jan

You do know that quote from ITB isn't quite accurate. Oh yell I'm going to have to go and watch it now to make sure, dammit. Or not, thanks for giving me an excuse to watch it before toddling off to bed.

You do know that quote from ITB isn't quite accurate. Oh yell I'm going to have to go and watch it now to make sure, dammit. Or not, thanks for giving me an excuse to watch it before toddling off to bed.

At the time I'm reading this, Jan's sig is: "Ah, arrogance and stupidity all in the same package. How efficient of you." That's what Londo says exactly; I played the clip I downloaded long ago off of the Downbelow Sound Archive to make sure.

::snicker:: For somebody so proud of hir 'credentials' you'd think that s/he could at least get basic, supremely easily checked facts correct.

I think my sig pretty much sums Thinker up.

Jan

I said I've been watching B-5......................and that I started debates on B-5 in 1996 or thereabouts. Are you this incompetent in real life or do you just choose this venue to illustrate how inept you are?

Been a member of B5tech.com since 1996 or thereabouts.

Your sig is a cliche by the way that sums YOU up perfectly. Know the expression of 'Never assume'?

Out of arrogance you just did.

T.

I said I've been watching B-5......................and that I started debates on B-5 in 1996 or thereabouts. Are you this incompetent in real life or do you just choose this venue to illustrate how inept you are?

Been a member of B5tech.com since 1996 or thereabouts.

Your sig is a cliche by the way that sums YOU up perfectly. Know the expression of 'Never assume'?

Out of arrogance you just did.

T.

How competent are you? Here's your exact words:

...Argued story, plot character, and fictional tech longer than some of you have even known the show existed-since 1996 has it been?

Your incomplete sentence (it lacks a subject) does not state that YOU have been discussing B5 since 1996, though that might be what you were trying to say. Your "since 1996 has it been" is syntactically located to reflect on the "the show existed".

And what's with you now having a problem with cliches? A while back you were telling us that prominent cliches were a mark of B5's superiority to BSG.

Here's another thing this thread reminds me of:

internetdickwad.png

How competent are you? Here's your exact words:

Your incomplete sentence (it lacks a subject) does not state that YOU have been discussing B5 since 1996, though that might be what you were trying to say. Your "since 1996 has it been" is syntactically located to reflect on the "the show existed".

And what's with you now having a problem with cliches? A while back you were telling us that prominent cliches were a mark of B5's superiority to BSG.

1. Was the reply addressed to you?
2. No. So why butt in?

It was addressed to another person directly. When I want you, I'll call.

About cliches, those are dumbed down shorthand for brilliant original concepts.

Now then on a sidebar.

Koshfan, where do you find those brilliant ideograms?

T.

Last edited:
Mares eat oats,
and does eat oats,
but little lambs eat ivy.
A kid'll eat ivy too.
Wouldn't you?

:rolleyes::rolleyes::p:rolleyes::rolleyes: :p:rolleyes::rolleyes:
:p:p:rolleyes::p:p:rolleyes::p:p
:p:p:rolleyes::p:p:rolleyes::p:p
:eek::eek::scream::wtf::wtf::scream::eek::eek:

Last edited:
Have a great time at the convention. You don't miss many of them, do you? :)

Thanks, Hypatia. The fun thing about going to cons is often getting to meet the people you've been talking to online, sometimes for years.

Jan

I'm not butting in; I'm trying to help moderate this crazy ass thread. :cardie:

VL, I apologise for baiting the troll. I'm out of the conversation unless I have something valid to add to the thread.

In fact, I wish I did because, while I liked BSG a lot until the unrelenting grimness caused me to give it up. IMO, even though it didn't always work, the humor that crept into B5 even during the most intense episodes is one of the things that made it so effective.

One of these days I'll have to give it another try.

Jan

VL, I apologise for baiting the troll. I'm out of the conversation unless I have something valid to add to the thread.

In fact, I wish I did because, while I liked BSG a lot until the unrelenting grimness caused me to give it up. IMO, even though it didn't always work, the humor that crept into B5 even during the most intense episodes is one of the things that made it so effective.

One of these days I'll have to give it another try.

Jan

There is no need for you to apologize.

I continue to watch BSG, but I do agree. The show is all dark, all the time, even moreso now than when it started, and it's my biggest complaint about the show.

He's grand entertainment.

Obviously, since being one who has seen, but is no expert on, B5 and one who has not seen much at all of BSG. What do you think brought me to this thread in the first place? :LOL:

I heard rumors... had to take a peek for myself. :)

The trouble is, now I kind of feel sorry for the boy.

He's grand entertainment.

Obviously, since being one who has seen, but is no expert on, B5 and one who has not seen much at all of BSG. What do you think brought me to this thread in the first place? :LOL:

I heard rumors... had to take a peek for myself. :)

The trouble is, now I kind of feel sorry for the boy.

http://babylon5techmanual.yuku.com/topic/1772

http://babylon5techmanual.yuku.com/topic/2268

http://babylon5techmanual.yuku.com/topic/2299

http://babylon5techmanual.yuku.com/topic/2301

http://babylon5techmanual.yuku.com/topic/1777

Most of the B5tech board was lost in the transfer from EZ board, but you get the idea.

Refuted. You might also take back that crack about "boy", "friend".

I am an expert-a good one.

T.

I have a suspicion that this thread has moved a bit too far from any reasonable discussion by now to be got back on track.

Garovorkin, it was a good idea for a discussion! I apologise for having to close the thread, but the name calling on both sides has got a bit too enthusiastic.

Please feel free to discuss the merits (or the lack of them) of BSG in particular in the Non-B5 books, TV & films forum. There are several threads already dedicated to the show there. And any comparisons to B5 are always welcome in that forum as well!

Thinker2222, I appreciate your wish to come here and defend your opinions, as a review by you was posted here apparently without your consent, but debate generally works better if you don't start by putting down the opposite side right away.

B5TV.com is generally a friendly, laid-back place, where a lot of people have become good friends, and having a new person come aboard and immediately start acting condescending towards almost everyone here, in essence calling people stupid for liking a show (and carrying on to insult also the people here who are not that keen on BSG or haven't even seen it), is not going to give good results.

By all means, continue discussing BSG in the Non-B5 books, TV & films forum, but please keep your posts criticising the show, not the people who for one reason or another find it worth watching and are happy with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back