• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Newbie just starting S2 - Non-Spoilers ONLY!

Re: Newbie just starting S3 - Non-Spoilers ONLY!

It's nice to not feel so dumb about "getting" some of these very detailed plot lines.

:) Not to worry, ilikemike! Know that you are EXACTLY where we all have been, and we made it through just fine... :D so will you!

And I have to thank you again.... :D this is just so fun watching you experience this!

My guess is that JMS was planning for Kosh to die in "Falling Towards Apotheosis". It was better this way.

In replying to Andrew's post I was about to say something about an episode that ilikemike hasn't (quite) hit yet, So just a reminder: Let's all be extra careful about spoilers. Even titles and oblique references can say more than we mean for them to. Especially now that likemike is getting into the meat of the story and the point where the storytelling really speeds up it is easy to say too much, even to lose track of which events happens in which episodes.

We could dicuss this in a separate thread.

Just finished 'Walkabout.' It's another fascinating episode. A 'piece of Kosh?' Now what does THAT mean? It must have to do with Sheridan because that's what Lyta saw just before she got p.o.'d at the shadow ship.

Once again, I loved G'kar in this ep. It's fun to watch him as he grows into a more caring individual. Swedish meatballs? LOL

That's almost as funny as the 'Lucy and Ethel' line in the last one I saw.

All right...I'll wait for my piece of Kosh.

Finished watching "Grey 17 is Missing." What an interesting episode. The original Ranger 1 was Sinclair, right? Now, Delenn is Ranger 1. What fascinated me about this episode was Neroon...another multi-layered person. [JMS, you're wonderful!] I loved it when he visited Marcus at the end and laughed at Marcus' comment. He had thought he was unconscious. THAT was great!

Was there some significance in the hidden floor in Grey 17? I thought that particular piece was a bit so-so. Did I miss something?

Other than that, I truly enjoyed it. Poor Franklin! I hope he gets better soon.

The original Ranger 1 was Sinclair, right?

He was Ranger One before Delenn. Provided I got this right, there's a difference between "Ranger One" and "The One". There were other heads of the Rangers before Sinclair, but he was the first part of "The One".

Was there some significance in the hidden floor in Grey 17? I thought that particular piece was a bit so-so. Did I miss something?

No, you missed nothing special, which is what most people come to think of the missing grey level part of this episode: nothing special.

Thank you. I have just finished watching "And the Rocks..." Sheesh! They keep getting better and better. Refa is dead...by Narns! How satisfying! I hated that ^$$^%&$!!!

Was I mistaken, or was G'Kar in collusion with Mollari? It seemed obvious to me, but how was that possible? They hate one another.

Delenn and Sheridan...how neat...with more ships like the White Star!!!

I loved the juxtaposition of Refa's death with the church service. It reminded me a bit of the revenge sequence from "The Godfather." Absolutely excellent!!!

Was I mistaken, or was G'Kar in collusion with Mollari?

Clearly, since G'Kar had both the message from Londo and the incriminating data crystal to plant on Refa.

...but how was that possible? They hate one another.

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend."

Or, as Winston Churchill once said when questioned about his offer of aid to Communist Russia during WWII, "If Hitler were to invade Hell, I should at least stand in the Commons and say a few words on behalf of the Devil"

Both Londo and G'Kar had particular reasons to hate Refa - Londo because he (wrongly) blamd Refa for Adira's death, G'Kar because Refa was the Centauri most responsible for the devastation of Narn. In addition, as Londo himself says on the recording, he has offered to free 2,000 Narn as an added incentive to G'Kar. G'Kar had more than enough reason to cooperate with Londo, and G'Kar, being a non-Centauri, was the ideal instrument for Londo's revenge.

Regards,

Joe

I just wanted to say that I'm enjoying this thread, ilikemike. It's always fun to see someone watching B5 for the first time.

Also, the countdown should've started now, right? Z minus... The countdown to... well, something. :D

Yes...the countdown has begun....I suspect to Z'ha'dum, since that's the place where a LOT will happen, if I'm right about all the foreshadowing.

Before going to sleep last night (wrong choice!!!), I watched "Shadow Dancing." NOW I know about Melissa Gilbert....HOLY COWZERINO!!!!! She's the dead Anna Sheridan (and also Mrs. Bruce Boxleitner...how interesting).

But...she came from a shadow ship! This is NOT good, friends...NOT good!!! Poor Delenn!!!

Also...I LOVED the entire battle scene...very well done. JMS is a freaking genius!!!!

...and Sheridan keeps getting these weird dreams about people... 'you are the hand?' I love Ivanova's answer to that one. Did Kosh put all that stuff in his head before he died? Is this the 'piece of Kosh?' Don't tell me, guys....let me see in on screen. It's all just rhetorical.

About "Gray 17 Is Missing"...

The ceremony that was shown was indeed to promote Delenn to Ranger One. However, it's important not to confuse "Ranger One" with "Entil'zha." Delenn currently holds both positions, as Sinclair did before her, so it's a little confusing, but it's important. There's always been a Ranger One since Valen's day. But Entil'zha is a title reserved for much, much more important people. When Marcus says "We live for the One, we die for the One," he's not talking about whoever's in charge of the Rangers at the moment.

Incidentally, the Ranger oath is fantastic. The only one better in the whole series will come a little later.

Before going to sleep last night (wrong choice!!!), I watched "Shadow Dancing." NOW I know about Melissa Gilbert....HOLY COWZERINO!!!!! She's the dead Anna Sheridan (and also Mrs. Bruce Boxleitner...how interesting).
I can't imagine watching that one without continuing on! Even after seeing them all many times, I doubt I would be able to do it.

I have been in the middle of rewatching season 3 (off and on) for quite some time now. I am in a stretch of episodes that are shall I say, less than my favorites. I think you have motivated me to go watch some more today, as I would love to be right where you are in the series right now!

Enjoy the ride, and thanks for sharing the newbie experience with us all!

OMG!!!! Sheridan CAN'T be dead! Garibaldi CAN'T be part of a shadow!! Oh, no!!!!

There are two more seaons to go!!!

What a powerful episode is "Z'ha'dum!" Sheridan has sacrificed SO much! He's GOT to be okay!!!

G'Kar's narration at the end is spot on! Everything he says about darkness is so very true!

I find that episode chilling, in so many ways. I think the part that chills me the most, is when Sheridan gives Garibaldi the instructions about what he wants him to do "with no questions". Then tells him "we'll talk about the weather".

"Son of a bitch!"

Sheridan's message for Delenn, and her reaction gets me too, in a big way. I could go on and on, but now you know for yourself.

:D :D This is one of my all-time favorite episodes, with "chilling" being an excellent way to describe it! :D It gives me goosebumps every time I watch it. The writing is incredible and the perfomances just outstanding! As you said, it is "spot on"!!! ;) :D

Yes...chilling is a great way to explain it.

I know that so much more happened than I "caught." Season 4, I hope, will explain some of this stuff.

Back