• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Multi-quote feature

hypatia

Regular
Sorry, I glanced through FAQ's and didn't see this subject. And I'm lazy, I figure it's easier to ask here. :D

How do you multiquote? Sometimes I'd like to quote the post and the person they are quoting in it, as well. I see the button, but click it and nothing appears to happen.

Does anyone feel like walking me through the process? If so, thanks! :)

If you want to quote two posts, click "multiquote" on the first, and "quote" on the second. You will then get a reply screen with both quotes, in the order you clicked on them. To do more than two, just click "multiquote" for all but the last. For the last, click "quote."

Sorry, I glanced through FAQ's and didn't see this subject. And I'm lazy, I figure it's easier to ask here. :D

How do you multiquote? Sometimes I'd like to quote the post and the person they are quoting in it, as well. I see the button, but click it and nothing appears to happen.

Does anyone feel like walking me through the process? If so, thanks! :)

If you want to quote two posts, click "multiquote" on the first, and "quote" on the second. You will then get a reply screen with both quotes, in the order you clicked on them. To do more than two, just click "multiquote" for all but the last. For the last, click "quote."

Let this post of mine be a demonstration of the Multi Quote feature. When you click on the Multi Quote button, the text color changes to yellow. You click on that button for multiple posts -- here in my example, I clicked on both Multi Quote buttons in hypatia's and Jade Jaguar's respective posts -- and then I clicked the Post Reply button, and it automatically puts in quotes both hypatia's and Jade Jaguar's posts in mine as you can see by looking at this post.

Let this post of mine be a demonstration of the Multi Quote feature. When you click on the Multi Quote button, the text color changes to yellow. You click on that button for multiple posts -- here in my example, I clicked on both Multi Quote buttons in hypatia's and Jade Jaguar's respective posts -- and then I clicked the Post Reply button, and it automatically puts in quotes both hypatia's and Jade Jaguar's posts in mine as you can see by looking at this post.

Oh, I see. :D

Thanks!

What a waste of a whole thread, now. :LOL:

Thanks!

I could have some real fun with this... :evil:

Very true, Mr. Klingon. :)

About all else I'd love to know is: how do you get a quick reminder of the smilie codes? Do you have to leave the page you are on to do it? No second window popping up options for that?

Thanks!

A thread facilitating the understanding of how to use the board's functions is never a waste! :klingon:

Very true, Mr. Klingon. :)

About all else I'd love to know is: how do you get a quick reminder of the smilie codes? Do you have to leave the page you are on to do it? No second window popping up options for that?

Sorry, just practicing. :D

If you click the barely visible "more" below the smiley codes, a page will come up with all smileys. Just click on the one you want, and then close the smiley page. The page does list the codes.

As JJ says, when you're on the "Post Reply" page, and you've got the select number of smilies to the right of your typing area, there is the "more" link, which is hard to see underneath of the smilies. That brings up a pop up.

If you want a page that includes the codes associated with each emoticon, at the bottom of each page there's a section to the left of center that's labeled "Posting Rules". In this box, there's a link for Smilies that leads you to this page. If you use multiple tabs in your web browser, you could pull the page up in a separate tab while you're typing up a post to help you look for the associated code.

But the easiest option is the one JJ talked about. The word "More" underneath the smilies can be difficult to see. It's specifically directly under the :LOL: smiley.

This is embarrassing: I can't even find the smilies here on the "reply to thread" page. I wonder if my display is set to not see them.

I'll play with it later, and see whee the smilies and the "more" button are.

Thanks!

Are you replying through the Quick Reply feature or through the main reply page? Quick Reply doesn't have clickable smilies.

This is embarrassing: I can't even find the smilies here on the "reply to thread" page. I wonder if my display is set to not see them.

I'll play with it later, and see whee the smilies and the "more" button are.

Thanks!

To check and see if your display is set to see them, go through the "User CP" link above the thread on the far left. On the page that link brings up, of the options on the left side of the page, click "Edit Options". On the page that brings up, scroll down to the bottom to the section titled "Miscellaneous Options". There, there's an option to change your "Message Editor Interface". I have mine set to "Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls", which, among other things, displays 24 of the smilies to the right side of the area where I type replies on the Reply to Thread page (though not on the Quick Reply section found below each thread).

Oh, wow, there are the smilies. And the whole Word selection, bold italics underline, and all the other stuff.

Thanks, VL, I had mine set to the first option, Basic I think it was. now I see all the smilies and can just click on them. :thumbsup:

This has been a very useful thread for me. :bolian:

:brickwall::wtf::cardie::borg:

Neat. Thankies. :)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back