• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

The Orville New Horizons (Season 3) 2022.03.10

Saw Wil Wheaton at a convention last week, and he also compared Strange New Worlds to classic Trek. Not sure if there's a side-opinion buried in there about the other current shows, but he had nothing but praise for Strange New Worlds.

I think he would be a great guest for THE ORVILLE NEW HORIZONS. :guffaw:

Saw Wil Wheaton at a convention last week, and he also compared Strange New Worlds to classic Trek. Not sure if there's a side-opinion buried in there about the other current shows, but he had nothing but praise for Strange New Worlds.

I think he would be a great guest for THE ORVILLE NEW HORIZONS. :guffaw:

On a similar subject - and of course B5 related - was sent a Survey asking for Input on potential future convention guests. For Shows, added The Orville as they didn't list it under Hulu. Also put Babylon 5 (of course). For Authors... ...JMS is an author, Claudia Christian is an author, so are Patricia Tallman, Bruce Boxleitner, and Peter Jurasik. So had several potential authors to suggest, as why not? :)

On a similar subject - and of course B5 related - was sent a Survey asking for Input on potential future convention guests. For Shows, added The Orville as they didn't list it under Hulu. Also put Babylon 5 (of course). For Authors... ...JMS is an author, Claudia Christian is an author, so are Patricia Tallman, Bruce Boxleitner, and Peter Jurasik. So had several potential authors to suggest, as why not? :)

Oooooh how I long to go to a convention....

So here is a little interesting bit. The YouTube Channel I mentioned is getting all kinds of interviews and behind-the-scenes stuff from the show. This has gotten to the point where he has created TALKING THE ORVILLE as an IMDB page with these guest stars. For a small donation your name can be added to the Producers list. I assume any donation counts. They start at $10.

EgotasticFunTime aka Talking The Orville

That is a link to the channel's main page. There are donation links in the info for every video and on his YouTube Community page. I'm not going to post them, but you can find them when you click under any of his current TALKING THE ORVILLE videos or really anywhere around his channel. He is doing a cutoff that ends in the next 45hrs for getting Producer Credit for all the current Season's shows, but after that you can get one episode by episode.

Just wanted to give a quick update.

Episode 3 was my least favorite and it is still pretty dang good. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Three episodes in by FAR the weakest element is the attempt to shove Charly in.

I got confused as to when Orville was starting and what time and day it comes out. But I have caught up on the first two episodes and it certainly is starting off strong. I don't think there will be any need to explain the aging of the children, either. So far it looks like a strong start. I'm very glad it's finally back.

I just heard last night that all episodes of Orville, including the current season, will be on Disney Plus starting August 10. I don’t think Disney has agreed to fund new episodes, but apparently Orville is moving form Hulu to Disney Plus.

I’d love to see their future at Disney, assuming it won’t get molded into a Disney model.

I’d love to see their future at Disney, assuming it won’t get molded into a Disney model.

So I watched the TALKING THE ORVILLE live stream on YouTube today. There was a lot of talk about Disney. JP, guy who runs the channel, pointed out that since the sale of Fox The Orville has been under Disney control, so he doesn't see why they would now start to put more influence on the show. I agree. I can't see anything the show is doing that Disney would need to mess with. It isn't even close to the most adult show on Disney Plus.

That’s certainly true. Orville should have about the same “family friendly” vibe that TNG had. I just hope Disney wants to order new episodes.

Perhaps they might have a Wait And See attitude? If moving the show there brings in New $ Subscribers, then perhaps they'd spring for a 4th season. Since the show has historically had... ...a bit... ....of a delay between seasons, they might be willing to give it another year or so to see if it worth further investment? But am guessing Seth would HAVE to be willing to do a 4th season to make this happen.

Since the beginning of New Horizons it has often been mentioned on TALKING THE ORVILLE that the show is doing very well on Disney Plus in markets outside the U.S. That is another factor. The show is only on Hulu in the U.S. Outside the U.S. it is already on Disney Plus. ;)

That’s interesting, but it is a pretty good fit for Disney. I wonder if they’re trying to be the biggest station dedicated to fantasy and sci-if.

WOW! THE ORVILLE SYMPATHY FOR THE DEVIL read by Bruce Boxleitner. I didn't love it, but Boxleitner is fantastic. :thumbsup:

THE ORVILLE SYMPATHY FOR THE DEVIL

This is a story MacFarlane wanted to tell, but couldn't get the episode produced for this season. And I didn't love it, but it is a pretty brilliant story.

Last edited:
I needed to use a credit at Audible, I have a few piling up. This is a great way to spend one. Thanks for the tip!

Was bouncing around Audible-land and noticed "Sympathy" available today for something like $3.91, so my car will have to get by with 4/5 less of a gallon of fuel. Wonder if this might be a back-door way to get a season 4 if all else fails? Big Finish, meet Big Farlane.

Was bouncing around Audible-land and noticed "Sympathy" available today for something like $3.91, so my car will have to get by with 4/5 less of a gallon of fuel. Wonder if this might be a back-door way to get a season 4 if all else fails? Big Finish, meet Big Farlane.

Well just know that it is very different. Great story, but a very drawn out tale for THE ORVILLE.... and that is saying something. :LOL:

Well just know that it is very different. Great story, but a very drawn out tale for THE ORVILLE.... and that is saying something. :LOL:

Haven't listened to it yet, but from the semi-mixed reviews on Audible, am guessing it might be deemed Darker since it appears to delve into the extended backstory of a not-too-nice-person, although am guessing the title "Sympathy for the Devil" is kind of an obvious hint. Am currently in more of a Happy Audiobooks Mood, so used a credit to get A Million Ways to Die in the West. Which ironically would also appear to be an Expanded version of the movie, just as "Sympathy" is an Expanded episode-ish since it's extended length allows for additional information.

Last edited:
Yes SYMPATHY is a darker story. The amazing thing is how this season really seems like TNG 2022. All of the "standalone" episodes seem to have plots TNG could have/would have told if they were telling them today and were allowed to tell them today - I think this one most of all. Of course there are reasons for that, but it really is amazing. Really the show has seemed liked TNG with more relatable characters and a bit more flawed Universe.

Looks like I won't have time to watch the finale, FUTURE UNKNOWN, until late tomorrow or the weekend. I'm actually okay with that as I am still processing last week's episode, DOMINO. :eek:;)

I usually watch the episodes a day late, they become available too late for me on Wednesdays. I also downloaded the audiobook story that Seth published. I'll have some fun catching up tonigiht and this weekend.

I really hope Disney Plus orders new episodes. This show is the best science fiction on television right now.

Well it was great! A bit surprising for a Season Finale, but I'm glad they leaned into a bit more light-hearted overall conclusion. I mean still some heavy stuff in there, but overall light-hearted. What a Season!!!!! I can't wait to start watch everything again as soon as it hits Disney Plus next week!

I so hope that someone funds a season 4. Orville has been one of my favorite show on tv right now. It’s probably tied for first place, actually. I’ve really enjoyed it, especially this season.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back