• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

B5:TLT -- just the news. And we mean that.

What is the new price now? Mine is ready to ship at $15.99

I believe Amazon.com reflects sales prices in its preorders. :)

Amazon.com:
April 24th price: $16.99
Current Price $15.99

Those who pre-ordered (e.g. me on April 24th), automatically get the lower price, so
tongue.gif
Recoil.

:)

Last edited:
I was under the impression that Amazon reduced the prices charged on all pre-orders if the price drops before the product is released.

:p:p

I suppose....but I do think we are at a time where this thread is pretty much ready to go away. There really isn't any more "news" about the Lost Tales to be had that we don't already know.

I'm just doin' my job... or, technically, Joe D's job.

I think its time to stick a fork in this thread, or rather, "unstick it" so it fades away. Its time and use has come and gone. Let it go. Just...let it go...

I'm just doin' my job... or, technically, Joe D's job.

And I do appreciate it. :) Sorry, have been a little distracted of late. In the past few weeks my dad has suffered:

A broken wrist and bruised leg (fall)

Another fall, two weeks later, no apparent injury. (He then spent 30 minutes on his recumbant exercise bike, which is where he was headed when he got out of bed and seemingly fainted.)

Breathing difficulties, later the same night. Also complained his leg hurt when the EMTs were putting him on the stretcher to take him to the ambulance.

Edema. The breathing problem turned out to be due to fluid in the chest cavity, which was also pushing him towards congestive heart failure. A chest tube and drugs took care of the fluid. But his leg pain was getting worse.

X-rays and an ultrasound failed to find the cause of the leg pain, and after two days he was finally convinced to do an MRI in the hospital. (He's mildly claustrophobic and the hospital doesn't have an open MRI, so the choice was do it there or wait a week or so until he could be transported to a facility that did have an open MRI.) That's when they found out about the fractured hip. (Apparently sustained in the fall that had preceded the breathing problems.)

They decide to do an operation to put a couple of pins in his hip, but before they do they have to give him a stress test to make sure his heart is up to it. He passes the stress test, and they do the surgery. They leave a heart monitor on him after the surgery, just to be on the safe side, and the following day they detect a previously undiagnosed arrythmia, which could be the underlying cause of his falls (irregular heartbeat causing a drop in blood pressure) and even the edema. So they transfer him to the best cardiac hospital in the area for further tests. A day after that the doctors there implant a pacemaker.

Yesterday he was released from the hospital and transferred to a rehab facility where he'll probably be for the next week or ten days.

The only thing missing was locusts and the slaying of the firstborn.

So honestly, I haven't been around here a lot. :D

And yes, there will be more news coming on TLT. Jan will be reporting from ComicCon days before the official release and there will almost certainly be legitimate news from that event.

BTW, my copy is costing me $5.19, 2nd day air shipping included, thanks to a $10.00 credit on my account, a special discount code and my Amazon Prime membership. Suck it, Recoil! ;)

Regards,

Joe

Joe, I'm sorry to hear of your dad has had such a rough time lately. Best of luck to him, at least it sounds like he's getting very good care.

He's very lucky to have a son there to help him out during this difficult time. Best of luck with it. Now that they know the real cause of most of his problems, I hope he heals up quickly.

Joe, my sympathy to you and your dad and best wishes for his recovery.

As for Comic-Con, yes, I'll be there at the group signing Friday afternoon and the Lost Tales panel later. The panel is from 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM Pacific time for those of you who'll be here refreshing your screens waiting for my report (no names...Joe :p).

BTW...I don't see a 'Spoiler' button here and the trick I know that works elsewhere doesn't seem to work here. Any suggestions on how I should handle those, if any?

Jan

Thanks for all the kind wishes for my dad. He's doing very well, looked much better yesterday than he did a week ago, and is delighted that he at least get out of bed on his own now and use the facilities. :) Tomorrow they get him up on his feet and start the real therapy. They've been doing in-bed work and only letting him put weight on one leg because his surgeon has to sign off on that. (The rehab place doesn't want to be liable if something goes wrong. so they won't doing anything without the surgeon's OK and he's on vacation and unreachable until tomorrow.)

He's very lucky to have a son there to help him out during this difficult time.

Well, I'm trying to help as much as I can, but I can't claim too much of the credit. My parents live with my sister and brother-in-law, and my sister doesn't work outside the home, so they do the heavy lifting, as it were. Some of what I'm doing is stuff for them so they can do stuff for him. But I think it still counts for karam points. ;)

I'll have to check on that spoiler code thingy. It is something that gets lost everytime the board software gets updated and Antony has to tinker with it to get it back.

Regards,

Joe

:)My best to your dad, Joe. Be sure to tell him that we all said, "Hi"! Of course, he might look at you funny when you do, ;)but tell him anyway! He just might get a kick out of it!

Oh gosh, just the news right? Sorry. Pretend this is in the discussion thread. I'll pay more attention to where I am next time....

Last edited:
I was under the impression that Amazon reduced the prices charged on all pre-orders if the price drops before the product is released.

:p:p

When I pre-ordered Hot Fuzz, they lowered the price by about £2.50 about a couple of weeks after they released it. Even so they still passed the discount to me by way of refund.

I think that was jolly decent... they weren't legally obliged to do that, but it's a moral thing to do all the same.

SWEET! I knew there was a reason I wanted this long to buy. Now I get to reap the rewards! SUCK IT to all you pre-buyers.

:p

Huh? It wouldn't matter if we pre-ordered it for $100, and they now have the price at $10, we would still get the same price, pre-orders sell for the lower of the current price, or the ordering price.

...but tell him anyway! He just might get a kick out of it!

Sure. After I explain the internet to him, and what a forum is, and what Babylon 5 is, I'm sure he'll get quite a kick out of it. :D (The man turns 81 in November, he still talks about "taping" things with his TiVo, and has never so much as touched a computer. I think I'll pass. :D)

Regards,

Joe

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back