• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

JMS interview at IGN

Clue in full “Oh...and starting around the Ides of May, look to the wrong side of the river for word from Harry, Jack and Albert”.

Don't know if anyone figured this out yet, but that last part has to be a reference to Warner Bros. Harry, Jack and Albert were three of the four brothers that started the studio.

Dang, this is getting as complicated as Lady Morella's prophecies... with probably about the same degree of reliability. Not that I mind speculating.

I think you're all going a little bonkers and leaping out to extremes. It's really quite funny. :LOL:

As I stated at jmsnews.com, I don't think anything he meant by his statement is anything we'll really understand. It's JMS doing is Vorlon thing again. When the announcement comes, we'll all probably simultaneously slap our foreheads and go, "DOH!"

Until then, it's all reaching. This simplest explanation is probably the best: Around May 15, look to WB (the studio) to make an announcement from LA on a deal that is done.

Think like Kosh here folks...everyone always wanted to read so much into what Kosh said, but in reality what he meant was usually the simplest thing.

:D

I hate to say this, but "in the can" is the most ridiculous thing Ive ever heard. "The clue is in the can" nah.

Cannes makes plenty of sense, especially if youre trying to appeal to a more global market.

Until then, it's all reaching. This simplest explanation is probably the best: Around May 15, look to WB (the studio) to make an announcement from LA on a deal that is done.

That would just be Babylon 5's luck. The one week of the year when there are no entertainment reporters in tinseltown is the week they choose to issue the press release. All the European reporters will have gone to Cannes and all the US TV reporters are in New York.

That would just be Babylon 5's luck. The one week of the year when there are no entertainment reporters in tinseltown is the week they choose to issue the press release. All the European reporters will have gone to Cannes and all the US TV reporters are in New York.

Ok, the main thing I will give in on is the location. I'm sure that they will make the announcement from the best possible place. Besides location though, the information is probably as I stated. The location from which the announcement is made really matters not to the project itself.

Clue in full “Oh...and starting around the Ides of May, look to the wrong side of the river for word from Harry, Jack and Albert”.
Last month we worked out that "Ides of May" was the date.
"Word" meant the official announcement.
"Harry, Jack and Albert" were the Warner Brothers brothers.

What we could not work out was which river and which town.
There were many suggestions - LA, London, New York, Canada.

This month’s clue pointed towards an agreement been signed (we knew that JMS has been paid for his script). A second meaning points to Cannes. It is only when looking up the details about Cannes, to find which river it was on, did the stuff about the French Riviera make me suspicious.

Will Warner Brothers just make an announcement? Or will they also release a trailer? I do not know, but whilst preparing the DVD extras spending a day making a trailer is neither difficult nor expensive.

A trailer can be used to sell the film to the continental theatres/tv stations, merchandisers, alert the critics and attract the fans. “In the Beginning”, “Crusade” and “Rangers” all had trailers.

Weird thoughts does not mean that we believe them or even think then likely. Just that we enjoy thinking them. Remember the way out names we invented for B5:TMoS?

I hate to say this, but "in the can" is the most ridiculous thing Ive ever heard. "The clue is in the can" nah.
So you are suggesting that "can" is not the opposite of "can't?" Why is that ridiculous? Or, more specifically, why is "Cannes" being the opposite of "can't" less ridiculous? It is all just speculation, none of it more "ridiculous" than any other (so long as you follow the rules).

I would note that several WB features (like "Mystic River") were apparently announced at Cannes. I thought it was more indie-oriented but some googling convinced me otherwise.

In the can seems pointless as a clue to me anyway. Honestly, after having said that wb simply are waiting to announce, why say essentially "its gonna happen", again.

In the can seems pointless as a clue to me anyway. Honestly, after having said that wb simply are waiting to announce, why say essentially "its gonna happen", again.

Good point K, probably because he knew the fans would see it and that it would keep the buzz going a little longer, stirring the pot, until the actual announcement.

He is JMS after all :D

"In the can" means that it is done, not that it is going to happen. Don't know exactly how to interpret this, but that is what it means (if, indeed, that is what he was saying). Not ridiulous, just curious, no?

"In the can" means that it is done, not that it is going to happen. Don't know exactly how to interpret this, but that is what it means (if, indeed, that is what he was saying). Not ridiulous, just curious, no?

My pint is hes already pretty much stated that its in the can, and quite plainly.

WHat I meant was that the only way to interpret his meaning of the phrase would be as saying that the deal is on, as what were talking about is at an early stage, and therefore not finished.

Im refering to his comment that "
The only things I can say right now about B5:TMoS is that now that all the
correct agreements have been signed, sealed and delivered".

The only way I could see for "in the can" to be relevant would be saying something along these lines. Unless hes got the cia filming it in secrecy.

the opposite of can't is can.

so.....

CAN being the operative word, do not reels of film come in cans?

also Cannes ( pronounced CAN ) is a film festival.

I suppose we can all speculate until mid may. But I still have a niggling feeling that WB has decided to go with a feature film. I also suspect that JMS didn't call them. They must have suggested it to JMS. Listening to the commentaries on the dvds, JMS is always going on about running out of money. THis would not happen on a feature film. In short JMS could really tell a story fit for the cinema without having to worry about the fact that he couldnt afford the next efects shot.

:eek:

Kaleb, you seem to be ignoring the possibility that the deal was signed, sealed, delivered AND COMPLETED. I am not saying that JMS has stated this, but you seem to be arguing that your is the ONLY interpretation, and I am saying that you are incorrect. If the clue really was "in the can" then that means that the project, whatever it was, is complte, because to argue that "in the can" means "at an early stage" is to ignore the very meaning of the phrase.

There are several things that this project could be that don't involve any filming at all.

So, "in the can" could be quite relevant, and in a completely different way than you imagine.

Okies.

I can not disagree with a word you have said.

But since nobody really knows what is going on until the middle of next month we are all resorting to guessing on what it will be. Some of us will be right. Some of us will be wrong.

That is the nature of trying to guess what JMS is up to.

Lets face it.

He is probably having a right good chuckle to himself reading all of this now.

:LOL:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back