• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

B5:TLT Actual DISCUSSION Thread

Re: No news here, just another off-topic post

If you're really serious about this, then make a pinned topic entitled "B5 news" and ask people to open another thread to discuss the news. :)

That seems to work pretty well at another board I go to.

Perhaps we could use the waiting time to recruit some minions for Amy, since we have discovered that she is minion-less. :eek: :D

Anyone who refers to herself in the third person has minions, even if they are few in number or mostly imaginary. :D

Joe

GH has hundreds of imaginary minions.

:D

I've never seen an actual minion...I don't have any myself, but I suspect yours may be white and gray, about 1/8 of an inch tall, in a panic jumping from level to level through what looks like an obstacle course before falling over each other on the the very last level just trying to catch up with you! :D They don't even look tired!!

I wonder if the minions would actually look like the "Dark Servants" the Shadows used. ;)

Speaking of the Shadows and TLT ( trying to get the thread back on track here :p ), it would be kinda cool to see the Shadows somehow involved in these lost tales. ;)

I'm hoping we get a Sinclair story-- or at the least, a Valen story. Michael O'Hare, and his portrayal of Sinclair, is still my favorite aspect of the series.

I, too, would like to see a Sinclair story come out of this project. I don't expect it to be any of the first couple of sets of stories, but maybe down the road a bit. With Sinclair originally going to be in the entire show but us only getting season one plus a couple episodes, I'd like to get more of him.

Not to throw a damper on things and I don't know this for certain, but the feeling seems to be that Michael O'Hare has retired from acting. His website's been down for some time now. There was some talk that he's a stay-at-home dad, but again I don't know that for sure.

Jan

I wonder if he liked his B5 experience enough at all to be coaxed out of retirement for one last hoorah. ;)

Can we bribe him? With cookies? :D

A Sinclair story would, indeed, be awesome. But I'm not holding my breath.

Now, I don't have the first clue about what O'Hare's thoughts or opinions might be on anything ...... much less specifically "coming out of retirement" for a direct-to-DVD B5 follow up.

But under the heading of "I always like to think there are .... possibilities" pie-in-the-sky speculation:

He wouldn't be the first actor to break a "retirement" from performing for a short term role that happened to pique their interest. I've seen interviews with Carl Reiner saying, basically, that he was halfway through giving his pat "I don't act on TV any more" answer to the Mad About You people ..... when he heard the words "We want you to play Alan Brady". ;)

IMHO, a Valen story would be better. :devil: :D

Welcome Marcelo. I'm curious, do you get english versions or has B5 been dubbed into portuguese?

And to the "Purists" :p :D ;) as soon as there is solid news, ie, a release date, a new thread will be started. :D and till then one can go back in this thread as a reference source to see what some of us already know. Posting keeps the thread in eyeball distance. the only other solution I can see is to make the topic a sticky and police it rigorously. Any volunteers? :D

Can we bribe him? With cookies? :D
Maybe we can bribe him with minions! Valen certainly has minions, maybe Michael would like some of his very own. :D

IMHO, a Valen story would be better. :devil: :D

Welcome Marcelo. I'm curious, do you get english versions or has B5 been dubbed into portuguese?

Hi Fisheggs,
The show aired here in Brazil (on Warner Channel) in english, with subtitles of course. Thank God it wasn´t dubbed, as I hate to watch dubbed movies or series... :D

Some of the movies (and even Crusade) aired in in other channels in dubbed versions though.

Unfortunatly the DVDs were never released by Warner here, so people have to buy from overseas, what makes them a lot more expensive. :(

ps. hope my english is understandable :D

1. Amy has plenty of minions, thank you very much. :)

2. I would be surprised if Michael O'Hare came out of retirement to play Sinclair. Call it a hunch.

Amy

Re: Actual B5:TLT News

Ok, slightly on topic post here. :)

I saw this article at Hollywood North Report:
Babylon 5 Touching down in Vancouver
New telefilm shooting this month
November 8th 2006 03:55pm | Posted by: Ricky Smith

Vancouver is quickly turning into the sci-fi hub of the film industry (i.e. The 4400, Battlestar Galactica, Masters of Sci-fi).

Now comes word that "Babylon 5" is spinning off a sequel of sorts called Babylon 5: The Lost Tales which will be headlined by Bruce Boxleitner (Scarecrow and Mrs. King).

The show is only here for 15 days in mid November. Further details as we get them.

Source: HNR
The only new bit is that it is going to be shot in 15 days. But still, it's news. ;)

And it sort of confirms Boxleitner is back to play Sheridan I suppose, for those not convinced for some reason by JMS's earlier posts about who the stories will feature.

Re: Actual B5:TLT News

That's actually quite a bit considering that Season 5 was shot in only 6 days per episode.

Jan

Back