• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Which One Is The Most Powerful Alien Race In Sci Fi?

Truth_Seeker

Regular
Let's try a not so serious thread.

My first thought was about the Vorlons, but they were beaten by the Thirdspace aliens.

The Goa'Uld are very advanced but they were defeated by the Replicators.

The Romulans look tough but when the Borg arrive resistance is futile.

Cylons are powerful but in the BSG universe they have no competition.

Peacekeepers are strong but the Scarrans look even stronger.

So the choice is really hard.:)

Last edited:
I don't know a lot about other shows. I'd say the aliens from Thirdspace were pretty creepy. As for other science fiction races, I would consider other things like Predator, the Alien (from Aliens,) The Thing, the Body Snatchers.

The Xenomorph (I think that's how it was called) from "Alien" is pretty scary, Alluveal.Imagine what one of those creatures can do to a station like B5.They wouldn't be able to shoot it because it has acid instead of blood so they risk breaching the hull.
Of course it might have some problems in Kosh's quarters.:)

What about the Xenomorph from the old scif mini series Something is out there, this being could not only assume human shape but extend parts of itself int dead corpses and use them as extensions of it self. The miniseries was done in th late 80's I think, it was actually pretty good it spawn a short lived tv series. I think is stared Marian D Abo as an alien named Taara and she got drunk on caffine

I think human beings have to be up there somewhere since, even when faced with hordes of substantially more advanced races, they still seem to win anyway.

:D

I always thought the Azguard (sp?) were pretty up there in sheer power and technology...but could never understand why they couldn't figure out their own dilemma about cloning...I guess thats one reason why SG1 never sat well with me.

Thirdspace aliens have to be up there.

Q probably has to be #1. I mean a race of beings that can manipulate time and space at a whim? Thats gotta be tops. But...as cool as Q was to see sometimes, I never quite bought into the concept.

Here is a race of beings that could TOTALLY fuck with reality and even existence as a whole...but...they DON'T. They were born to do it. It is their existence to do it. But they don't. Only Q does, but he/they fix whatever he breaks. Just the whole thing doesn't work for me, from a storytelling to a logic, any standpoint really....

I'd agree on the Thirdspace aliens. Q was a maverick and eventually got thrown out of the Continuum, even though he didn't lose all of his powers even then. The Borg are pretty powerful too, but I'm just glad that there are no truly omnipotent beings anywhere. But even the Borg and the Vorta-Dominion can be beaten, even though the cost is rather high.

I always thought the Azguard (sp?) were pretty up there in sheer power and technology...but could never understand why they couldn't figure out their own dilemma about cloning...I guess thats one reason why SG1 never sat well with me.

Asgård or Asgard as most native english speakers write it. They did well against Goa'uld but got their asses kicked by replicators and would have perished in many occasions without interference from SG-1. Most powerful race in our galaxy was The Ancients who then ascended to higher beigns, who don't give a damn about mortal races in general.

Tough Ancients moved their Lost city of Atlantis from Earth to Pegasus galaxy and expanded there, but they were later beaten by the Wraith.

Humans are prolly the most kick ass race in Stargate universe, or atleast humans or should i specifically say small group of humans usually the stars of the show seem to kick other aliens asses pretty well and be the major factor in every conflict in SG universe. Well at least that is how it's written, no matter how advanced race you are technologically in SG. Humans will beat you agaisnt all odds every time. :rolleyes:

I actually like SG and SG: Atlantis. Writing of course favors greatly the humans in the series for obvious reasons. I'd say Thirdspace creatures or Borg. If Borg get the chance to assimilate Thirdsapce creatures then Borg will conquer all. Ok there is replicators wich work similar to Borg assimilating technologies to themselves and evolving that way. hmm replicators vs Borg.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back