• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

B5:TLT Actual DISCUSSION Thread

Think the sock puppet thing might've been JMS's way to poke a bit of fun at his (deservedly or not) reputation of always having big creative differences with "the suits" and the studios?

Well, it was funny either way. :D

For some time I think a "refrain" from some fans of his was "I don't care, he can tell the story with sock puppets for all I care". :)

But yes, the pay he put it definitely sounded like it was just the tiniest "poke" at both the "suits" involved in productions, but the actors.

Think the sock puppet thing might've been JMS's way to poke a bit of fun at his (deservedly or not) reputation of always having big creative differences with "the suits" and the studios?

I think he just couldn't take the whole thing seriously. Anyway, he's never indicated having trouble with WB at all.

Jan

I think he just couldn't take the whole thing seriously. Anyway, he's never indicated having trouble with WB at all.

Jan
I guess I should've worded it more carefully, but I meant that he might've played of his personal reputation of having things blow up because of "creative differences", not some way to slyly hint at there being some trouble with WB at this point or in the past. I mean, it has been kind of running theme for both B5 and JMS's career, and I thought he might be using that to have a bit of fun with it in these diaries.

Sock puppets?

That's pushing it. I'd probably watch some pretty raw animatics and like it.

Oh, and the B5 site says I need the new version of Explorer, which I already have. :mad:

Love the trailer. Let's hope this is 'a beginning', eh? Of Lost Tales releases that is. :^)

Does anyone else think the funny little 'bang' and puff of dust or whatever it is at the end looks like it's where the 'Babylon 5: The Lost Tales' title should be?

I'd really like to see a large, high quality version of this trailer to get a good look/listen.

Love the trailer. Let's hope this is 'a beginning', eh? Of Lost Tales releases that is. :^)

Does anyone else think the funny little 'bang' and puff of dust or whatever it is at the end looks like it's where the 'Babylon 5: The Lost Tales' title should be?

I'd really like to see a large, high quality version of this trailer to get a good look/listen.
Yes, that was my feeling too. If you look in the TLT gallery section, you will see an image of the TLT titles that match that ending shot of a nebula thing.

And seconded on a higher resolution trailer. It was done in HD, show is some of that nice detail you paid all that money for, WB! :)

Yes, that was my feeling too. If you look in the TLT gallery section, you will see an image of the TLT titles that match that ending shot of a nebula thing.

And seconded on a higher resolution trailer. It was done in HD, show is some of that nice detail you paid all that money for, WB! :)

Yeah, just seen that picture and it's exactly the same, only the video is missing the title. So apart from the less-than-stellar site it looks for all the world like they've managed to put a slightly borked version of the trailer up, it seems to me.

I think I'll email them tonight pointing this out, and while I'm at it I'll shamelessly beg for a downloadable hi-res Quicktime version or something. :)

Last edited:
I'm not troubled by the lack of the B5 or TLT logos in the trailer, especially as for now the only way to see the trailer is to know what you're looking for in order to find it in the first place. But I too would like a downloadable better resolution version of the trailer.

I was a little dissapointed myself at the new B5 site. It Does seem like it was put together rather quickly. Maybe they will improve the site as time goes on. The cgi does look great on the trailer and I must say that I got excited seeing the old station again.

I also just noticed that they didn't even bother to update the copyright notice on the new website, it still says 2006. It indeed seems they really put as little effort as possible into the new site.

Oh well, the trailer is still cool, though it would be really nice if they released a higher resolution.

I want to help promote it by embedding the video on my blog... have to wait till it is properly distributed I guess.Oh hyang on found it on youtube! :)

A downloadable version would be very nice for me, as I have two computers here in my house: one with an internet connection and one with a sound card. I'd need to download it on the one and move it over to the other in order to play it...

KF, you could grab the TLT Trailer off of YouTube. It's a little big narrower top-to-bottom than what is up on the official B5 site, and the audio isn't as loud and vibrant as the official B5 site version, but it is downloadable if you use means available to do so.

vixy and VideoDownloader 2.0 were two means to do so that were posted about in the TLT news only thread some time back. I have the VideoDownloader plugin for FireFox, and to use it for videos off of YouTube. To view those flv files though, one has to also download a Flash video player (note, this program is not the same thing as the Flash web browser plugin). The vixy website will let one download videos off of YouTube into a few other formats.

Last edited:
The trailer on the official site has been updated slightly now to include the Babylon 5 The Lost Tales logo.

Back