• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Delen's Rebirth Ceremony

hypatia

Regular
Delen\'s Rebirth Ceremony

How come Delen was the only one who didn't take part in it? Because she was the organizer of it?

I just thought tonight, I'd love to have heard what secret she chose to tell, and to whom.
wink.gif

Maybe she did, offscreen, to Kosh or something.

------------------
"I do not believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense,
reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."-- Galileo

hypatia@b5fan.b5lr.com

Re: Delen\'s Rebirth Ceremony

Any guesses on her big secret- like she was the one who had the final vote to start the earth/minbari war ?????

------------------
"When it is time, come to this place, call our name, we will be here" -Walkers of Sigma957

I doubt she would have told that to anyone... perhaps Kosh, but then, Kosh already knew so there wouldn't have been much point to it.

I suppose the only one she could have told that particular secret was Lennier - assuming that he didn't know (he didn't at the time, right?).

------------------
"Narns, Humans, Centauri... we all do what we do for the same reason: because it seems like a good idea at the time." - G'Kar, Mind War
Kribu's Lounge | kribu@ranger.b5lr.com

She finally tells someone and thats Londo and thats how he is able to tell the story in ITB to the children. This is from the Centauri trilogy books.

------------------
"When it is time, come to this place, call our name, we will be here" -Walkers of Sigma957

Yes, right, but at the time of the rebirth ceremony I doubt she would have been ready to disclose that to anyone.

------------------
"Narns, Humans, Centauri... we all do what we do for the same reason: because it seems like a good idea at the time." - G'Kar, Mind War
Kribu's Lounge | kribu@ranger.b5lr.com

crazy.gif
..Maybe she did not say anything because SHE HAD JUST GOTTEN A KNIFE IN HER BACK!....
wink.gif
..that might bring a little tear to your eyes and make you somewhat uncommunitive...
smile.gif

Gary

------------------

True, but she isn't the kind of Minbari who would let a little 'ol thing like a knife in the back stop her!
wink.gif

Probably being the orgaizer of the thing, she could not directly partake in it. But with all of her secrets, she could have picked a SMALL one to tell!

One thing I really like about JMS's writing is (spoiler for the last season I think, and Lennier):

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black>Lennier states clearly that he has come to terms with the fact that Delen is fated for another and that humans are the other halves of the Minbari race. But he clearly is NOT at peace with that, as he demonstrated when he tried to turn his back on Sheridan when he was trapped. </font></td></tr></table>

------------------

hypatia@b5fan.b5lr.com

From what I can remember of the episode that this was from, Delenn had planned to do the ceremony, but then was not able to because she was stabbed in the back (literaly). Sheridan and the others that were planning to attend wanted to go ahead with it, but Lennier said once preparations have been started, they must be either finished or totally cancelled, so Sheridan and co. decided to bring the ceremony to her. She probably didn't add in her "two-cents' worth" because she was so touched that they would still do it and tell her their secrets.

------------------
Lorien: Who are you?
RW: The salad man.
Lorien: Why are you here?
RW: To be the salad ambassador.
Lorien: What do you want?
RW: Everyone to know the joys of salad.
Lorien: Do you have anything worth living for?
RW: Yes, my salad bars.

But then most people here are leaning towards the "she WOULD have participated if she had not been attacked".

Then what secret do you think she would have told? All of Delen's secrets seem to be so monumental! What could she have picked that would not have been revealing too much too quickly?

By the way, I like the thought that she did "say something" by trying to save Sheridan and getting a knife in the back because of it. You don't always have to speak to say volumes, do you?

------------------

hypatia@b5fan.b5lr.com

wink.gif
...we have to go with the Minbari ability of being able to see into the future literally or figuratively....
wink.gif
..New suits! Clean sheets! We don't know where our parents meet!...sorry...wrong song..
wink.gif

Gary

------------------

Back