• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Brady Bunch Movies

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
14 episodes of Cursade - dead

[/quote]

"Cursade"? Freudian slip? BTW, there were only 13 completed Crusade episodes.

As for Gary...

Midnight Caller ran longer than a season, didn't it? And the Brady Bunch films have done well at the box office. Don't think you can blame him for the TV shows. American Gothic was too out-there to find a big enough audience, Crusade was axed before anybody saw Gary in it.
As far as I know he was one of the few things TNT didn't complain about or try to change. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Regards,

Joe

Just as long as your head doesn't turn 360 degrees

[/quote]

Well, hell. There go my plans for surprising you on Monday. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Don't get me wrong, Joe, I really like Gary as an actor, it's just his luck on TV shows hasn't been too good recently...

IT'S THE CURSE, I TELL'S YA!
THE CURSE OF GARY COLE!
BWAHHHAAA!!!

Well, hell. There go my plans for surprising you on Monday

[/quote]

/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
Multi-skilled, I see...
/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hmm. When it comes to the curse of Gary Cole, be surprised with NOTHING. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Besides, 360 degrees is such a great thing for an algebra/trigonometry instructor.

How better to illustrate the point, eh? /forums/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Just gotta remember in math it is always counter-clockwise. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Besides, 360 degrees is such a great thing for an algebra/trigonometry instructor

[/quote]

I can see the local paper headlines one fine morning after one of your classes, hypatia...

STUDENTS INJURED IN MATHS TUTORIALS
A dozen maths students were injured when trying to imitate their lecturer in a trigonometry discussion. The students attempted to rotate their heads 270 degrees after the lecturer sucessfully rotated hers to demonstrate a point.
/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm going to regret saying this, I know I am, but I'm going to say it anyway:

Serves them right. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif I thought everyone knew that if you are not properly posessed, you should NEVER try the head-rotation thingy. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

They must have missed out on the 'Possession for Dummies' books. It's what I always say, young people just don't read enough! /forums/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Darned illiterates

[/quote]

They probably watch the Brady movies too! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

No, I think my master, Satan, would know them if they did

[/quote]

/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

You name dropper, you!
/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif Yea, I have no shame.

/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/devil.gif

So, you teach trigonometry, you vomit blood, your head rotates, and you're on a first name basis with Satan....

I am starting to form a mental picture here, hypatia...
/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Re: Am I the only one who thought the movie funny?

If you hate the Brady Bunch, you should love the movie.

It was a perfect mockery of the whole series, complete with canned music from the show and even some recycled storylines that play out a little differently than they did the first time.

The funniest concept was that they when the take the so-called normal 1960s-70s family and move them into the 1990s, they become the neighborhood equivalent of The Addams Family.

And I thought Gary Cole's Mike Brady performance was spot-on. He's like a friggin' chameleon under that wig.

I guess we could have done without "A Very Brady Sequel", but even that one had some funny stuff in it.

Re: Am I the only one who thought the movie funny?

If you go here GC interview and page down about half-way, you can hear Gary's own comments about playing the role /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Please don't talk about the poor man being cursed! I think he must worry about that himself sometimes, but if you think of some of the successes he's been involved with (if only peripherally) since Crusade (The Gift, One Hour Photo, Frazier, The Practice) I don't think you could say he's cursed /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

American Gothic was too out-there to find a big enough audience,

[/quote]
It was also well written, well acted, intelligent and very, very darkly funny. Way over the heads of too many viewers /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Goodness gracious! I've never in my life read a post so filled with satanism, head spinning, blood vomiting and The Brady Bunch. Indeed, I am home, at last. I love you all. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

The Brady movies are horrorible, but intentionally so, as opposed to the show which was just plain horrorible.

Gary Cole is a fine actor. I remember reading interviews in which folks working on the set of "Midnight Caller" stated that they were amazed by his performance in the pilot in which his character accidentially shot and killed his police partner.

And how slimey and hateful was he in "Office Space?" He played the vile, heartless, mid-level exec to perfection. A very likeable actor playing against type and succeeding admirably.

Sadly, I missed out on American Gothic. Upon hearing that it was written (produced?) by Sean Cassidy, I slipped into "Disco Denial" and forgot the show ever existed. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

So, you teach trigonometry, you vomit blood, your head rotates, and you're on a first name basis with Satan....

I am starting to form a mental picture here, hypatia...

[/quote]

Damn. I gave too much away today. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back