• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

the moderated group, is it up and running?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hypatia

Regular
Here I go again. My computer got weird and now when I go to the moderated site for JMS I don't see a message newer than the 28th.

I am using Google Groups, by the way. Is the site up? If so, how can I log in again? /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

Sorry to bother everyone.

Thanks, Cerberus. When Mailgate went out, I needed a new "reader" or whatever they are called.

I waited far too long to ask about it. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif
So I thought I'd ask a bit earlier this time.

The site is probably having problems.

Thanks again! (kisses)

I thought it was just my newsreader/ISP's news server having problems, since I haven't got any new messages for nearly two days. Guess this might be some more general problem with the newsgroup then?

Yea, Kribu. That'd be my guess. They do have problems and delays from time to time. THAT's how I went without it for so long. Then it dawned on me: it was TOO long. Then you told me Mailgate was not working for anyone.

Google Groups is better, but I always have to resize to read anything. But what the heck, at least Google Groups WORKS. /forums/images/icons/rolleyes.gif

I will keep looking for the moderated group to come back.

BTW, do you folks notice how nasty people get to each other there? Makes me afraid to post! /forums/images/icons/blush.gif

Looks like it's fine again now. At least my news reader is finally showing new messages, also those dating from 31 August.

And yeah, I've also noticed that things can sometimes get nasty there - then again, there are also plenty of fine, interesting and polite discussions going on there. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif Not that I have time to follow everything, let alone ever post there - this board here plus a few others ensure that I have my hands more than full. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

I'm still not getting anything past 8/28.

I hate this. Maybe my computer doesn't read into their site whenever this happens, I don't know. I even tried dong a Google search and I can't find the site now, except where I have it bookmarked. My bookmark doesn't work, I'm still only getting up to 8/28 posts.

I give up.

If you're accessing the group via the web, rather than a newsreader, chances are that the site hasn't downloaded the latest messages. These things can take time. I'm getting messages dated as of today with my newsreader.

Regards,

Joe

Thanks, Joe. Maybe I'll try again tomorrow.

If I can't, will all of you folks keep me updated? /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Now it is up.

I guess it was just my Google Groups catching up.

Anyhow, thanks everyone.

This thread can be closed at Channe's leisure.

Unless folks want to use it for testing /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back