• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

JMS on "bad days" in tv land

Re: JMS on \"bad days\" in tv land

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
o.k. leave it
i can`t be bothered arguing

[/quote]

Okay, Simon. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Ro

Hmm, "kind" of journalism...

...without getting into things that would identify the exact publication, I work for a really swell regional paper catering to a specific demographic.

As the greenie or the Jimmy Olson of the office, I'm responsible for writing articles based on story ideas given to me by my editor. I also come up with story ideas on my own, but they still have to be passed over the editor's desk, so, no - I don't get to report on just anything I want to, although I *do* get to follow through on a lot of my story ideas.

I usually write features and do investigative reporting. Basically, I get to talk to people and write about it. It's a lot of fun.

Even though I do write for people to read with my own name in the byline around here, you'll understand if I'm a little reticent to associate myself with a real name on the Internet at this point in time. If you want to see something I write, I'll post the most recent article I've done on my site as soon as it comes out - it's about a 9/11 family. I'm also doing stuff for The Abyss this weekend, so if you sign up for the newsletter you'll see articles based on interviews with Ingrid Kavelaars and Byron Lawson from Jeremiah.

Ok, shameless self-promotion over with...

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
...without getting into things that would identify the exact publication, I work for a really swell regional paper catering to a specific demographic.

[/quote]

You work for the Village Voice? /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Thanks, Channe! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

I was actually just wondering what you did. There are so many different journalists. Interviewing people must get pretty interesting sometimes.

And not always "interesting" in the best of ways, I'm sure! But I definitely understand now wanting to say "hey, I'm Sue Smith who writes for the Post".

I'll check out your website. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif I just thought that maybe it was all fanfic there. As I said, I just don't get into the fanfic thing (nobody's fanfic, not just yours).

Anyhow, keep on trucking then. Keep a supply of "mace" for the tougher interviews, though. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Big emphasis on the /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif for anyone who is wondering.

The only fanfic I have ever written is Rangers Redux, actually. I don't like playing around with others' characters.

There's nothing at the site right now - but check back - by the fifth, it should be up and running. I left all the stuff I wanted to post at work. At least you can check out my CSS mojo... /forums/images/icons/wink.gif (a.k.a., the sucky CSS mojo).

And, as I describe my job: "I talk to people and write about it."

Thanks. Sept. 5, eh? I'll try to remembe to check it out on Thursday, then.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back