• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

The end of the chat room?

hypatia

Regular
Hi, Antony. I'm just getting caught up on posts and I didn't even realize until Kribu mentioned it that the chat room is no longer there. Kribu gave us a way to get to Derian's chat room, but it does not work.

Please, please tell me this is not the end of chats. :(

I think Derian's site was having some temporary problems. It's there now.

As for the chat room button... I guess that's just one of those things that haven't been integrated to the new board yet.

I forgot how to download it. My computer might not take it, either. I had problems downloading something before.

Where do you go to try and get irc?

Well, most people use mIRC. I personally don´t like it, its ugly and a little complicated.

You can download it here: http://www.mirc.com/get.html
Info. on how to install it: http://www.mirc.com/install.html

I use trillian, i think its quite cool. You can download it at http://www.trillian.cc/trillian/download.html . Once you have installed it, click on the irc icon (the gray dot at the bottom of the window) and on Connection Manager.

Type this in servername: paradise.trutopia.net
Port: 6667
Nickname: Hypatia

Then click on the perform buffer tag and write: /join #B5TV

Then on Connect, wait a minute or two for the thing to connect, and you´ll be in the chat room.

i think trillian may the best option for you, cause its simple and uses little system resources. Hope this helps.

Once you have installed it, click on the irc icon (the gray dot at the bottom of the window) and on Connection Manager.

I did install Trillian, but I was asked what my ICQ number was, and I don't know what that is. So I don't know if I registered it correctly.

And I don't know where to go to get to the gray dot you refer to.

You don´t need an ICQ number, it probably asked you just in case you had one. Just click next, or close the message window. As far as i know you don´t have to register, at least i didn´t.

And I don't know where to go to get to the gray dot you refer to.

mmm... you are using the default skin, right? actually, it´s a circle with a gray border.It becomes completely gray when you are connected. Im not sure if im making sense :(

O.K, I found the gray dot. I put in the info, but didn't get connected. :confused: I'll try again.

As I say to myself "computers were supposed to save us time, right? :LOL:

As I say to myself "computers were supposed to save us time, right? :LOL:

:LOL: :LOL:

just waite a minute or two, it takes some time. If you want, you can click on the circle and select Toggle Status Window, it will show you the connection status. :)

just waite a minute or two, it takes some time. If you want, you can click on the circle and select Toggle Status Window, it will show you the connection status. :)

Somehow I got there but it said "cannot resolve address paradise.trutopia.net".

Anyone have any ideas what I did wrong?

I can get to the room just fine with mIRC. Plus CBO and I have room on the same server called Z_HA_DUM2 that we hang out in at night EST and MST. I use mIRC for both. :D

We've been having some intermittent server problems today, for a couple of reasons.

1. We had to update the dns record last night because one of our servers moved to a new location

2. Our network admin's credit card got consumed by an ATM machine and they had to issue a new one. Result: new card number that that the host's billing department forgot to update, so then they couldn't get their money for this month's hosting. -- They've been contacted about it, and the problem should be sorted out now.

The IP address for paradise is 65.116.93.142 if you can't get the DNS to resolve, just use that.

By now I don't know what I did that worked and what I did that didn't work. :confused:

I again deleted Trillian from my computer. I might try downloading it again later today or later this week and see what happens.

Thanks for trying, everyone. I did miss the Saturday chat. They are fun. :(

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back