• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

B5 quote book

hypatia

Regular
Over at the moderated group JMS was saying that an official B5 quote book is going to be published. I dont' know if it will contain the longers quotes, or just the usual one-liner snippits.

But he also said that this book would contain stories of how some of these quotes have effected people. He mentions the old story he tells about the young man dieing of aids who asked his sister to put all of G'kars speeches about hope on tape so he could listen to them from his bed.

Anyhow, I guess the publisher is asking for people to submit their stories on how the B5 quotes changed your life or meant something special to you.

From JMS:

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>So if you have such an anecdote/story/message about a favorite quote or the
show in general, send it to the following address (rather than replying to
this, since I'll just have to forward it on in any event):

b5quotes@yahoo.ca

Thanks.

jms
<hr></blockquote>

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Sigma:
<font color=yellow>By far best B5 quote site. All quotes you want:
<a target="_blank" href=http://www.cs.tut.fi/~albert/Quotes/B5-quotes.html>http://www.cs.tut.fi/~albert/Quotes/B5-quotes.html</a>

I have to say finns make good b5 sites. (Varjojen Paradiisi and Babylon 5 Suomessa are best b5 sites imo)

Sigma</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

Thanks for the link.

The hard part is in picking only one quote. /ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif

Yeah, seems that my news server is having problems with it as well. Oh well, it will probably turn up in a day or two. /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

Heh, found the original post at Mailgate. Should be <a target="_blank" href=http://www.mailgate.org/rec/rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated/msg47182.html>here</a>.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Kribu:
<font color=yellow>Heh, found the original post at Mailgate. Should be <a target="_blank" href=http://www.mailgate.org/rec/rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated/msg47182.html>here</a>.</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>
Thanks

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Kribu:
<font color=yellow>Heh, found the original post at Mailgate. Should be <a target="_blank" href=http://www.mailgate.org/rec/rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated/msg47182.html>here</a>.</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>
Sorry, I thought you had to sign up with them or something or you could not get access. Otherwise, I would have copied the address myself.
Anyhow, I've heard some great 'B5 changed my life/perspective stories here. Let's see them in print, eh? /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

Originally posted by KoshN:
<font color=yellow>The hard part is in picking only one quote. /ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif</font color=yellow>

Naw, that is the easy part. /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif The hard part for me will be to put into words what it means to me and how it changed my life. *ponders*

[edit] Ok, maybe it will be harder than I thought since my favorite quote is a JMS quote and not a B5 quote. *sigh* [/edit]

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Lyta:
<font color=yellow>
[edit] Ok, maybe it will be harder than I thought since my favorite quote is a JMS quote and not a B5 quote. *sigh* [/edit]</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>
And it is? I´m just curious.

Sigma

<font color=orange>Follow your passion; the rest will take care of itself.</font color=orange>

/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

I thought it was your sig. /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif Keep on smiling. /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

Why not send it in? Cant hurt anything, I would think. I'd also think that multiple entries could be submitted.

I've heard so many people say that this speech or that one really rang true for them. I bet this will be an interesting book.

I probably will do just that Hyp. If I can think of a good story to go with a B5 quote, I will probably enter that too.

PS: Kraig, you are too funny! /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Lyta:
<font color=yellow><font color=orange>Follow your passion; the rest will take care of itself.</font color=orange>

/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>
My fav. quote:
"Home is not a place. It's wherever your passion takes you." Sheridan in "Objects at Rest"

Sigma

The emphasis is mine.

----- Original Message -----
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated
Sent: Saturday, June 01, 2002 1:26 AM
Subject: Re: from jms: b5 quote book needs you

> >Didn't know just how fine a split was being put on submissions.
> >It'd be nice to be able to use quotes from Babylon 5, Crusade and Rangers.
> >
>
> They're all equally valid for the book.
>
> jms
>
> (jmsatb5@aol.com)
> (all message content (c) 2002 by synthetic worlds, ltd.,
> permission to reprint specifically denied to SFX Magazine
> and don't send me story ideas)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back