B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5

Go Back   B5TV.COM > Classic: Babylon 5, Crusade and Rangers > B5.related

Old December 15th 01, 21:32   #11
drakh
First One

Re: G\'Kar \'Trading Card\' Up At SciFi.com

Anybody else notice the alien that seemed to be from the same race as Minister Kafta?

------------------
"I know how you're feeling... You don't know whether to kiss me or kill me."
"I'm a black widow spider you idiot - I can do both." (hear it)
-- Silverbolt & Blackarachnia, "The Agenda, part 2", Beast Wars

drakh@spamcop.net
drakh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th 01, 01:13   #12
channe
First One

drakh -

Yup. I noticed.

------------------
The writer's life is not meant to be a happy one. We all accept that going in. -JMS
channe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th 01, 03:45   #13
A_M_Swallow
First One

I have nor heard of Pat Tallman being in the B5LR movie, so I do not think we see Lyta. Although she may be in the series.

Lyta has had a long connection with the Rangers. She was working with them in "Divided Loyalties", propbably headed their telepats during the Shadow War and was attached to the crew of Whitestar 1 and 2.

------------------
Andrew Swallow
A_M_Swallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th 01, 06:09   #14
LightNZ
Dead Account

Here the The Links to the two vids

Sasaki: http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/galle...ki_320x240.mov

G'kar: http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/galle...ar_320x240.mov

I think that's right anyway, might have to play around with it if it isn't, but I got them to work yesturday

------------------
"Will you follow me into fire? Into storm, into darkness, into death?!
LightNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th 01, 12:06   #15
drakh
First One

And here they are in DivX 3 for those who might have trouble with QuickTime:

G'Kar: http://home.broadpark.no/~panorda/video/gkar.avi

Kitaro: http://home.broadpark.no/~panorda/video/kitaro.avi

------------------
"Where? I don't see any guys; Just perverts!" (hear it)
-- Akane Tendo, "School is a Battlefield!", Ranma 1/2

drakh@spamcop.net

[This message has been edited by drakh (edited December 16, 2001).]
drakh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th 01, 13:42   #16
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks a lot guys for the links, I have javascript popups blocked (firewall).

G'Kar card - LMAO... I will die of laughter if it turns out it was Dean using his changeling net.

Kitaro clip - Simply amazing look, very stylish... can't believe how better looking B5 has become. We can pretty much rely on JMS to tell the story good, so may as well appreciate the eye candy. Very interesting discussion, although Doug has already stated they're more powerful than the shadows, however illogical that may seem. Kitaro doesn't really say they succeeded however, merely they survived... which leaves the possibility that the enemy aren't really beaten just held back.

G'kar clip - Lol, well not much to say evidently.

------------------
Marc Cosgrove

"From chaos, order came. As was inevitable." -Summoning light
Old December 16th 01, 18:37   #17
channe
First One

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dark Lord:
Kitaro clip - Simply amazing look, very stylish... can't believe how better looking B5 has become. We can pretty much rely on JMS to tell the story good, so may as well appreciate the eye candy. Very interesting discussion, although Doug has already stated they're more powerful than the shadows, however illogical that may seem. Kitaro doesn't really say they succeeded however, merely they survived... which leaves the possibility that the enemy aren't really beaten just held back.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, I agree with you. I was VERY impressed with that clip. Technology's gotten so much better since B5, hasn't it?

Kitaro's reluctance to give the interviewer any information on the new enemy (listen closely, and you'll hear their name!) is VERY telling. It tells me that they -are- still around, even though they might have been beaten once. It informs me that there's a LOT more story where To Live And Die In Starlight left off.

And, eye candy? I'm loving it. Visually, I'm sure this movie will be a treat!

------------------
The writer's life is not meant to be a happy one. We all accept that going in. -JMS
Old December 17th 01, 00:19   #18
Deviot
Dead Account

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by channe:

Kitaro's reluctance to give the interviewer any information on the new enemy (listen closely, and you'll hear their name!) is VERY telling.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hmmn I couldn't hear the name..is it different to the name we heard before?

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au
Deviot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th 01, 00:30   #19
**DONOTDELETE**

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by channe:
Oh, I agree with you. I was VERY impressed with that clip. Technology's gotten so much better since B5, hasn't it?

Kitaro's reluctance to give the interviewer any information on the new enemy (listen closely, and you'll hear their name!) is VERY telling. It tells me that they -are- still around, even though they might have been beaten once. It informs me that there's a LOT more story where To Live And Die In Starlight left off.

And, eye candy? I'm loving it. Visually, I'm sure this movie will be a treat!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am in fact very curious as to the budget for the movie with more and more visuals showing up. I didn't believe JMS (IIRC) when he said it was of feature film quality but it really is, in fact a lot of it seems to be mocking some feature films. As I doubt B5 got a feature film budget (a certainty to be sure), yet it blows quite a few feature film CGI out of the water. I know B5 producers were amazing at stretching the penny but this is quite beyond what I expected.

Yes, it seemed as though the character was trying to dance around the issue and get to the next question. Perhaps its the usual run of the mill movie ending, leaving room for a follow-up (as a pilot should do). I expect it to be like thirdspace where they mention how some of the 3rd spacers may have escaped and it was best to be sure. Being in a chaotic fight tends to negate head counts for later inspection. So probably a few ships escape and threaten to release the lion again. Though JMS loves his rope-a-dope and I'll probably be suckered into the wrong conclusion (again... *sigh*).

------------------
Marc Cosgrove

"From chaos, order came. As was inevitable." -Summoning light
Old December 17th 01, 00:59   #20
channe
First One

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Deviot:
hmmn I couldn't hear the name..is it different to the name we heard before?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope, the same name. Body part.

------------------