B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old October 16th 01, 14:26   #11
Chris Springob
First One

Re: New review at Aint It Cool News

channe-

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black>He was talking about David and Dulann, not David and Sarah. Sarah may be featured more in the trailer, but Dulannn is the first officer and secondary lead. </font></td></tr></table>

------------------
Chris Springob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th 01, 14:33   #12
gkarfan
Dead Account

There was a guy who used to be at AICN, & he was a B5 fan. Ever since he left, the place has become a Trek-worshipper's paradise. I am taking this review with a grain of salt (& I hope the B5LR actors do, too, if they happen to see it). I'm waiting for the reviews in places like my local newspaper.

Tammy

------------------

"We're in here! Can anyone hear us?"
"I hear you." [giggle, laugh]
"In here!"
"We are here." [giggle, laugh]
-- Londo and G'Kar in Babylon 5:"Convictions"

Tammy's Station
http://community.webtv.net/gkarfan/TammysStation
gkarfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th 01, 14:57   #13
Emfeeli
First One

Ehhh. Phil does not listen to these "reviewers". They all suck balls. Phil can decide what is good all by himself.

------------------
"Forget about the reasons and
The treasons we are seeking
Forget about the notion that
Our emotions can be swept away
Forget about being guilty,
We are innocent instead
For soon we will all find our lives swept away"
-Dave Mathews Band
"Seek up"
Emfeeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th 01, 15:27   #14
Kitaro Sasaki
Commander

Ain't It Cool: Review on "Babylon 5:The Legend of the Rangers"...

Well...I tried and tried, with great effort, to restrain myself from posting a reactionary reponse with regards to the recent review of "To Live and Die in Starlight" @ Ain't It Cool website...but, as you can all see, my efforts were futile...

Although I'm posting, I will keep it simply brief...

I had a nice chuckle while reading the review, asking myself...Geez, this particuliar individual definitely didn't view the movie that I saw...

On a realistic level, I understand and accept the fact that there will be some individuals that will not like the show, and will lean towards a negative, critical tone...But this review is ridiculous...

There is constructive criticism...and then there is criticism for the fact of criticism...it's motivation coming from a personal level of resentment...bitterness...etc. (not sure why that is?)

I really don't care to get analytical on what exactly this particuliar critic stated in his review...

But, all that is said can pretty much be taken with a grain of salt...actually, one can go complete opposite with the negative opinions stated...Although, this is only my opinion too...ha ha ha...

Anyways...the review was quite interesting to me...and I appologize for not getting detailed, but, I really think that It would serve no purpose...

I look forward for everyone to see "To Live and Die in Starlight! Even more than ever now!!!

Cheers! -Warren T. Takeuchi- "Kit"

------------------
Kitaro Sasaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th 01, 15:51   #15
GKarsEye
First One

Good for you, Warren. Actors are notoriously sensitive to criticism, so it's nice to see someone have this much confidence in his and his colleagues' work.

If there's one thing the actors visiting these sites have learned, it's that there is an eager audience out there anticipating this performance, despite any reviews, criticism, or other such foolishness.

------------------
"You do not make history. You can only hope to survive it."
GKarsEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th 01, 16:07   #16
Galahad
First One

Send a message via MSN to Galahad Send a message via Yahoo to Galahad Send a message via Skype™ to Galahad

Woah!!!!!

Just read the review, it does seem totally biased and one sided. Actually dop the does seem and insert IS.

I pay little heed to the likes of critics and so called "knowledgable ones". They assume because they are paid to evaluate subject matter, they are better at it than anyone else duh no, anyone can have an opinion once they have been out and seen the subject matter for themselves. I like Star Trek and Babylon 5, but I prefer the B5 universe, no malice in it just my choice.

I like most sci-fi actually, and it's never at the expense of resenting another. How petty how small minded.

The best thing anyone can do is ignore this kind of propaganda. Watch it for themselves, if they fail to be impressed then fair do's no-one can complain. I hate sycophants, you either follow by choice or not at all to just drift along aimlessly, forever directed by other peoples motivation without question is a miserable lot in life.

As for the reviewer, there is an old saying:

Those people who think they know everything merely annoy those of us who do.

B5'ers KNOW what they like and they have the independence of thought to make up their own minds.

People like this reviewer are like the Ikaaran bio-weapon or the Hyach, in short they are purists. They seek out all that is not identical to their own and obliterate, but as B5 points out it is to their own detriment. If every other sci-fi programme was gunned down to make way for Trek, what a small universe we would be left with. Eventually the whole sci-fi market would stagnate and break down. It will never happen of course, but these people must be stopped as they are damaging the WHOLE GENRE!

I personally think that B5LR will do well eventually, because it seems from press release to be integrating more martial arts and stuff, which is going through a renaissance at present. Sci Fi and martial arts go well together if done well... I'm alluding to the Matrix here.

So Sci-Fi
Martial Arts
Clever Writer

Winning Formula

By the way the reviewer shot themselves in the foot.

By describing a character as a babe, you automatically add at least a million young hot blooded 18-25 year old males onto the viewing figures.

This is what I call "Resident Babe Theory"

Most sci fi shows that have resorted to that tactic survive. JMS has an ACE up his sleeve here though... he can pick babes that can act too!

------------------
"We Live for the One. We die for the One!"
Galahad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th 01, 16:18   #17
channe
First One

Come on, folks, who do you trust - the navigator of the Liandra or some Trek fanboy who doesn't know his Shadows from his Vorlons?

I'll reserve my judgement, as well - except for the judgement against reviewers with *too much* of a bias. A good reviewer is biased. A bad reviewer is fanatical.

And, folks - about the thing I posted above -

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black> Ok, ok, David and Dulann, my bad. Sorry! But, unless David's playing on his own team, I *know* Sarah and David are going to end up 'shipper chow, no matter if they do get involved or if they don't get involved on the show itself. </font></td></tr></table>

Either way we're gonna have a lot of fun. With or without dumb fanboy reviewers.

------------------
Ranger Channe, the next JMS, who walks in the dark places no one may enter, lives for the One, and dies for the chocolate cheesecake.
channe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th 01, 16:30   #18
Galahad
First One

Send a message via MSN to Galahad Send a message via Yahoo to Galahad Send a message via Skype™ to Galahad

Heh so OK my wording was a little strong!

Their only bias should be towards objectivity though, and to fair play.

My terming of the word bias seems to fit your fanaticist!

I don't like people playing dirty. Honour and respect in rivalry is vital!

That's why I'm angry!

------------------
Old October 16th 01, 16:32   #19
Galahad
First One

By the way has my picture vanished in the last couple of posts... it seems to have???

------------------
Old October 16th 01, 16:40   #20
B5_Obsessed
First One

Damn that Captain Pike! He belongs in a cage!

Keep your chins up guys. You know there are people who hated "In the Beginning?"

------------------
"When something we value is destroyed, we rebuild it. If it's destroyed again we rebuild it again. And again, and again, and again. Until it stays. "
~Jeffrey Sinclair
B5_Obsessed is offline   Reply With Quote