B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old June 26th 02, 22:36   #1
AntonyF
Administrator

Best Garibaldi moments...?

For a possible future article, I want to ask you all for your favorite Garibaldi episodes or moments... and why? Tell us why. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] can be serious or light moments, but just something that was so Garibaldi or Jerry Doyle. Thanks.
AntonyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th 02, 23:03   #2
Sigma
First One

Re: Best Garibaldi moments...?

"Face of the Enemy" barfight. One of my fav. episodes.
"Survivors" was Garibaldi episode.
"Points of No Return" had great moments.
"Epiphanies" was good Garibaldi episode. There were many good moments in season4.
"Conflicts of Interest" is one of my fav. Garibaldi episode. Good acting.
In season5 "Wheel of Fire" is good Garibladi episode.

Sigma
Sigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th 02, 23:22   #3
KoshN

I don't remember the episode titles, but I like the lighter moments where Garibaldi and Sinclair pull the breakfast switcheroo on Ivanova, the one where he "threatens" to rip Ivanova's coffee plants out by the roots, and the one where Garibaldi and Sheridan are ogling Ivanova's scrambled eggs and bacon. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

For serious moments, I like all his scenes with Londo at the bar (e.g. in "Survivors").
KoshN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th 02, 23:48   #4
A_Ranger
First One

Babylon Squared: fasten-zip or zip-fasten [img]/forums/images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
A_Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th 02, 00:28   #5
hypatia
First One

I can't remember even close to the exact quote, but there is a good one that Garibaldi says. A government-type is asking about the new and as yet unknown Shadow ships. "Because you won't tell yourself...?" Garibaldi explains how he never lets himself know what he is doing; he finds it keeps things simpler.

If I had more time, I'd try to look it up. But I do love how he says he tries to stay out of the affairs of his own life because they are too complicated, or something.

The reason I liked this exchange (even if I can't quote it) is that it seemed to be Garibaldi at his flippant best. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] 'Of course I won't tell anyone, because I never let myself know what I am doing' just seems uniquely Garibaldi-ish to me. [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

"Because you won't let yourself know...?"
"... I try never to get involved in my own life; too complicated"
hypatia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th 02, 00:36   #6
Kraig
First One

I can think of two exchanges between Zack and Garibaldi.

At the beginning of the episode "Matters of Honor" two Drazi missionaries arive at the station. Garibaldi tells Zack to "explain the ah.. missionary position to these folks."

In the episode "Voices of Authority" Zack is complaining about the fit of his uniform, Garibaldi's link beeps and he answers "Garibaldi's fashion express, go!"

Then of course there is always Lenier and Garibaldi riding the motorcycle through the station. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th 02, 05:49   #7
jnk5y
First One

the "lousy dodgers" quote is classic Garibaldi. Whenever he's reading a paper you know it's coming. But Garibaldi in No comprimises shows who he is perfectly. If you are his friend he will go balls to the wall out for you. If he doesn't know you, he doesn't trust you and will question everything you do.
jnk5y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th 02, 06:30   #8
Kyehlar
First One

Garibaldi period in 'Between the Darkness and the Light' when Garibaldi is finally back to the normal Garibaldi that we all knew and loved. The next episode where he led the team that took over the ground stations was classic too, "Okay, which goes vertical, longitude or latitude?" [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Rommie
Kyehlar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th 02, 08:10   #9
GShans
Dead Account

i was also going to suggest the fasten-zip or zip-fasten part from Babylon Squared.

Hypatia's quote is from Matters of Honor, here is the complete quote:

"I'm not authorized for that kind of information."
"But you are the head of security."
"Then what kind of head of security would I be if I let people like me know things that I'm not supposed to know? I know what I know because I have to know it. And if I don't have to know it, I don't tell me, and I don't let anyone else tell me either. Now look, we have tried most of the other ambassadors, why don't you speak to G'Kar, maybe he knows something about this ship."
"Under the terms of our recent treaty, I am not authorized to have any official conversation with the Narn without Centauri approval."
"So you'll ask unofficially. And I can give you reasonable assurances that the head of security will not report you for doing so."
"Because you won't tell yourself about it?"
"That's right. I never get involved with my own life. It's too much trouble."
"This is a very strange place you have here, Mr. Garibaldi."
"Thank you."

[/quote]
GShans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th 02, 12:50   #10
hypatia
First One

Thanks very much, GShans! [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] I don't keep tapes of the episodes, so I couldn't look it up. I was reasonably sure the Lurker's guide doesn't have long direct quotes from the series, either.

There certainly are a lot of classic Garibaldi quotes from B5, aren't there? He was one of those characters that got to be dramatic and comedic.

But most of us seem to be remembering his comedic moments.
hypatia is offline   Reply With Quote