• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Question for Anybody Who's Read "Invoking Darkness"

Kribu

Administrator
Re: Question for Anybody Who\'s Read \"Invoking Darkness\"

I don't think so. All I remember was the incident when Galen picked him up - when he was still an ensign - and that was it, pretty much.

I think he was only mentioned in passing one more time later on, just that Galen was checking up on him, but I can't recall any details - so I don't think that it was anything in particular.

As always, I may be completely wrong.
lol.gif

------------------
"Isn't the universe an amazing place? I wouldn't live anywhere else." - G'Kar, B5: Rangers
Kribu's Lounge | kribu@ranger.b5lr.com

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kribu:
I don't think so. All I remember was the incident when Galen picked him up - when he was still an ensign - and that was it, pretty much.

I think he was only mentioned in passing one more time later on, just that Galen was checking up on him, but I can't recall any details - so I don't think that it was anything in particular.

As always, I may be completely wrong.
lol.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're done reading all three books of the Technomage Trilogy???
shocked.gif
Didn't you just get them? I know about the mention on page 34 of Invoking Darkness, because that's the page I'm on at the moment. I haven't had much time to read recently because of Christmas/New Years activities.

The incident when Galen picked him up - when he was still an ensign, was from Summoning Light - p. 346-352, Feb. 2259.

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

"To Live and Die in Starlight"
pilot movie for "Babylon 5 - The Legend of the Rangers"
January 19, 2002 at 9PM & 11PM EST, January 20, 2002 at 5PM on The Sci-Fi Channel (US).
http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

Yes, I guess that's the incident I had in mind - quite early in book 3 (they're in the other room right now so I can't check...). I don't think he was mentioned again. Galen was... too busy with other things.
lol.gif

And I read the three books in three days over the holidays. What can I say?
blush.gif
I couldn't put them down once I started!

------------------
"Isn't the universe an amazing place? I wouldn't live anywhere else." - G'Kar, B5: Rangers

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kribu:
And I read the three books in three days over the holidays. What can I say?
blush.gif
I couldn't put them down once I started!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I could read the rest of Invoking Darkness today, but I'm torn. I want to devour it
smile.gif
, but also don't want it to be over.
frown.gif

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

January 19, 2002 at 9PM & 11PM EST, January 20, 2002 at 5PM on The Sci-Fi Channel (US). http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

[This message has been edited by KoshN (edited December 30, 2001).]

I know what you mean... it's always like that with a good book. With me, impatience usually wins.
lol.gif

------------------

The only times that I remember Gidion being in the books were when Galen saved him and when he checked up on him.

------------------
-With every light is born a shadow-

there was no mention of Gideon and his possesion of the Apocalypse box... only in the actual show was it spoken about . In Invoking Darknes, Galen only looks back on Gideon who is now serving on a new ship as a lietenant, being the only survivor

------------------

Question for Anybody Who\'s Read \"Invoking Darkness\"

Is the Lieutenant Matthew Gideon flashback, from The Path of Sorrows, in the novel? If so, which page numbers?

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

January 19, 2002 at 9PM & 11PM EST, January 20, 2002 at 5PM on The Sci-Fi Channel (US).
http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

He's in there. Don't know the page numbers

------------------
"Draal gave Zathras list of things not to say.
This was one. No.... *tsk tsk*
No. Not good.
Not supposed to mention... "one", or... THE one.
Hmmmm.
You never heard that."

And I think he was an ensign at the time.

------------------
"Draal gave Zathras list of things not to say.
This was one. No.... *tsk tsk*
No. Not good.
Not supposed to mention... "one", or... THE one.
Hmmmm.
You never heard that."

It is in the second book. It was towards the end of the book.

He was an ensign.

------------------
"Crying isn't gonna get your dog back. Unless your tears smell like dog food. So you can sit here eating can after can of dog food until your tears smell like dog food or you can go out there and find your dog."-Homer in The Canine Mutiny

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by B5_Obsessed:
He's in there. Don't know the page numbers. And I think he was an ensign at the time.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, no, no. I specifically referred to the one where he is a Lieutenant (where he won the Apocalypse Box). It's in 2260.

Is that one in Invoking Darkness, and if so on which pages?

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

January 19, 2002 at 9PM & 11PM EST, January 20, 2002 at 5PM on The Sci-Fi Channel (US). http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

[This message has been edited by KoshN (edited December 30, 2001).]

I concur there is no mention of the apocalypse box anywhere in the trilogy....

------------------
"When it is time, come to this place, call our name, we will be here" -Walkers of Sigma957

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back