B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5

Go Back   B5TV.COM > Classic: Babylon 5, Crusade and Rangers > B5.personnel

View Poll Results: By Any Means Necessary
GOD!!!!! If someone asks if he's a god you say YES. 8 22.22%
An ego maniacal award winning writer who THINKS he's god. Might as well go for the really satisfying ones. 2 5.56%
man taken for all in all, I shall not look upon his like again. 3 8.33%
talented man who has accomplished some great things and touched many peoples lives with his words. What he does in the privacy of his own home we may never know...... 22 61.11%
nom de plume for Judy Blume. Who'd have thunk it...... 1 2.78%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old December 23rd 04, 00:53   #51
2aMageing
Soul Hunter

Re: JMS: The man and the legend

"In Usenet usage, a troll is not a grumpy monster that lives beneath a bridge accosting passers-by, but rather a provocative posting to a newsgroup intended to produce a large volume of frivolous responses."
via trollfaq@altairiv.demon.co.uk

And now we know.....and knowing is half the battle........

or was that a rhetorical question????
2aMageing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd 04, 10:25   #52
Sindatur
Techno-mage

LOL. he said "WHO's a troll", not "WHAT's a troll"
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd 04, 13:03   #53
vacantlook

Look Mr Frodo: It's Mr Bilbo's trolls!
vacantlook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd 04, 16:04   #54
2aMageing
Soul Hunter

Mr. Bilbo's Trolls......

Old December 30th 04, 17:43   #55
grumbler
Ambassador

Zemageing, the very thread you state inspired you to start this thread had a section in it where the issue of "reading JMS's personal life from his online behavior" came up, and Jan in particular found that offensive and said so. You came here, created a very, very long post and included in one of your poll options something that appeared to reference the reads on JMS's personal life in the thread that inspired you. Jan connected the two, it seems to me, and told you what she told thew other poster. Then this thread went way off topic (in part because it didin't seem to HAVE a topic, or at least a thesis) and I declined to post in it until now, when the flames have died down a bit.

It really is just a miscommunication, it seems to me, and that possibility should always be seen as likelier than that someone who does not know you decided on a whim to attack you.
grumbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st 04, 01:18   #56
2aMageing
Soul Hunter

Ah, I don't really regard situations like these as "attack" situations per se, but rather a slightly personalized disagreement about something. I hold no personal feelings either way....save for the desire to not be misrepresented.

Beyond that concern, I have a strong interest in impartiality and welcome all opinions.....preferably based less on things found between the lines or speculative intent, but rather the subject posted or some more commonly acceptable flavor of the subject if neccessary to allow for discussion.

Bottom line, assumptions were made about the form or nature of the topic.....and it resulted in some .....concerned people whom expressed their concern.....and that led to my concerned responses.

I'm a tad sad the thread topic is most likely in ash after such passionate presentations of points of view........ but what's done is done. I don't believe I saw any attacks. I certainly don't think anything that occured, happened on a whim and I at least respect the sincerity of the various points of view. An unhappily personalized affair for a place to come and present ideas and opinions.

PS. "Very very long posts" are my Modus Operandi, and I would imagine most just skip them for that reason. Following my line of thought is a skill few aquire.....and more people are probably kept sane that way.........