• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Zathras's Race?

Truth_Seeker

Regular
Does anyone have a clue how Zathras's race is called,where they came from,why are they all called the same way,how did they end up maintaining the Great Machine,why are there only 10 of them and MOST important of all-why no one ever listens to poor Zathras?:)

Zathras.jpg

Last edited:
No clue, as far as I know there was never any details at all given about Zathras or his race. Unless that was touched upon in the "To Dream" novel and I'm failing to remember it.

No clue, as far as I know there was never any details at all given about Zathras or his race.

It's strange that no one has seen that race before considering that they live in Epsilon 3 and they should have passed through some of the territories of the known races in order to go there.

It's strange that no one has seen that race before considering that they live in Epsilon 3 and they should have passed through some of the territories of the known races in order to go there.

Indeed, it also brings up the question of when did they get there? If they have been there for hundreds of years then there race must be just about dead as the lack of breeding partners would lead to birth deficiencies and lower birth rate every generation. If they just arrived there recently, then there is no reason why any of the higher races, like the Minbari, shouldn't know who or what they are.

Indeed, it also brings up the question of when did they get there? If they have been there for hundreds of years then there race must be just about dead as the lack of breeding partners would lead to birth deficiencies and lower birth rate every generation. If they just arrived there recently, then there is no reason why any of the higher races, like the Minbari, shouldn't know who or what they are.

I have one idea.Maybe the Great Machine can create not only time rifts but also space rifts that connect distant parts of the galaxy or even one galaxy to the other.Zathras,Zathraas,Zaathraas and all of their buddies are simply representatives of a race located in another galaxy and chosen to serve in the Great Machine.

OR...........

I've just had this thought.
What if Zathras Band is from the distant future when all the species have merged into one single race with the same DNA-Zathras's.:)(just an idea)

Maybe the reason there are so many brothers named Zathras is that they're all clones that are spawned as needed by the ruler of the Great Machine. (Just throwing out speculation for the wild fun of it all.)

Somewhere I read that they were Clones, maybe babtech on the net or midwinter.com, don't know.

This would make sense from several standpoints, the genetics question alone is the greatest obsticle to overcome in a confined genepool. It takes several generations of inbreeding with constant reintroduction of recessive genes to get the Pig family from the X-Files. It also answers why there are only a dozen of them and why Zathras was over 100 years old. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Varn say that the Renegades were exiled 500 years before?

James

RIP
Tim Choate 1954-2004

I think the Zathrii are directly related to the Great Machine somehow and may be the servant race of the original creators (speculative). In the comic "In Valen's name", we see another side of Zathras that suggests that there is more to them than is suggested by their humble and crazed appearance.

Maybe the reason there are so many brothers named Zathras is that they're all clones that are spawned as needed by the ruler of the Great Machine. (Just throwing out speculation for the wild fun of it all.)

I read somewhere (I think in an old copy of the B5 magazine), that the Zathras brothers' ship got caught in Epsilon III's gravity by accident and the rest is history.

I can totally see that happening, Galahad. As they plummet into the atmosphere: "No, this is not good."

I can totally see that happening, Galahad. As they plummet into the atmosphere: "No, this is not good."
:LOL:

Or maybe:

Z1:"Ship damaged.Very bad."

Z2:"We falling.Why we falling.

Z1:"Cannot say. Saying I would know. Do not know, so can not say"

Z2:"Equipment very delicate.Broken it is.

Z1:"Zathras can never have anything nice."

:)

:LOL:

Or maybe:

Z1:"Ship damaged.Very bad."

Z2:"We falling.Why we falling.

Z1:"Cannot say. Saying I would know. Do not know, so can not say"

Z2:"Equipment very delicate.Broken it is.

Z1:"Zathras can never have anything nice."

:)
lol

edit to the above.
Z8: "I’ll fix it. Cannot run out of time. Time is infinite, you are finite, zathras is finite this is wrong t . .oh crap the planet. . . . .. . . . . .. . . . .. . . . . . "

How about this...

"Zathras does not know which came first, the chicken, the egg, or Zathras."

:rommie:

I can't believe that Zathras appeared in four episodes only.For such a short time he made a large impact on the viewers.Of course the excellent performance of Tim Choate makes the character trully memorable.

9526761_117115446136.jpg

I can't believe that Zathras appeared in four episodes only.For such a short time he made a large impact on the viewers.Of course the excellent performance of Tim Choate makes the character trully memorable.

Well, technically the original Zathras only appeared in three episodes, the last one was one of his Brothers ...

:p

No clue, as far as I know there was never any details at all given about Zathras or his race. Unless that was touched upon in the "To Dream" novel and I'm failing to remember it.

Nope, its definitely not in there.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back