• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

General Questions

Do you really consider B5 to be on par with a Coke advertisement?

No, but, no one seemed to have a problem with those.

JMS would never do this, but, if he did and the families had no problem with it, I have no doubt in my mind it would be very tastefully done, and very much an honoring tribute.

If you remember mypost in the news forum,Imentioned that a deceased comedian was used here in the UK to help raise awareness of the disease that killed him. It was surreal...but it got the message acrossin a good way.

That was done with the family's blessing... and was true to the spirit of the man.

No, but, no one seemed to have a problem with those.

Really? Did you take a poll? Frankly, I find that sort of thing gruesome and tasteless, and unfair to the actor in question. Most actors want to give their best performance possible in every situation. To play back a recording of a performance given in another situation, responding to different lines and stimulus, is not going to be their best performance possible. It's like badly Photoshopping a head onto a body where it obviously doesn't fit perfectly.

Galahad said:
If you remember mypost in the news forum,Imentioned that a deceased comedian was used here in the UK to help raise awareness of the disease that killed him. It was surreal...but it got the message acrossin a good way.

That's different -- that sounds more like the old Yul Brynner ads for the American Cancer Society, where he implored people to stop smoking, because that's what killed him. That was a deliberately-post-mortem message, and it sounds like that's what you're talking about, too. The other...it's too much like grave-robbing for my tastes.

Last edited:
Ok time to move away from this topic. I cant remember to actress' name but does anyone know why the orginal Na'Toth left after season 1 but then re-appeared later in the series (season 4 i think)???

Ok time to move away from this topic. I cant remember to actress' name but does anyone know why the orginal Na'Toth left after season 1 but then re-appeared later in the series (season 4 i think)???

Julie Caitlyn Brown was called in on an emergency basis to take over from the actress who'd played Ko D'ath who had major issues with the prosthetics and refused to wear the contact lenses. After a while, Julie's skin was affected by the prosthetic glue, plus she wanted to pursue leading actress roles so she asked to be released. JMS still needed somebody who knew what G'Kar's aide knew so he recast the role but that didn't work out so the character was dropped, presumably killed in the bombardment of Narn. Julie was asked to come back later to give closure to her character and she agreed. She appeared in "A Tragedy of Telepaths", episode 510.

Jan

And Julie Caitlyn Brown appeared without prosthetics as Sheridan's lawyer in "There All The Honour Lies" (sorry, I'm a Brit ... just can't bring myself to leave out the "u").

:D

Really? Did you take a poll? Frankly, I find that sort of thing gruesome and tasteless, and unfair to the actor in question. Most actors want to give their best performance possible in every situation. To play back a recording of a performance given in another situation, responding to different lines and stimulus, is not going to be their best performance possible. It's like badly Photoshopping a head onto a body where it obviously doesn't fit perfectly.

That sounds something like what they did when Oliver Reed died midway through filming of Gladiator. And sometimes I think it's done well, as in this advert for Virgin Pendolino trains: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=hozCKWDOk9c

She was really nice... she was away from the main bank of signers. I think she mistook us for being younger than we were...but I didn't hear anything to suggest that myself and it is entirely possible the ex was lying due to jealousy (she wouldn't let me go and talk to Chase Masterson because she thought she was too perfect... heck so did I - but that is exactly why I wanted to talk to her:beer::devil::LOL:)

That sounds something like what they did when Oliver Reed died midway through filming of Gladiator. And sometimes I think it's done well, as in this advert for Virgin Pendolino trains: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=hozCKWDOk9c

Well, I can forgive them this time, but only for two reasons:

1) They weren't trying to do something with the scenes to make them a response to something new -- that is, they were just inserting famous scenes we know from movies into the train, and they didn't even try to match the film/lighting quality. So I didn't get that 'graverobbing' vibe.

2) I'm generally a fan of traveling by Virgin, so pretty much anything they do is okay by me. :)

Amy

Well, I can forgive them this time, but only for two reasons:

1) They weren't trying to do something with the scenes to make them a response to something new -- that is, they were just inserting famous scenes we know from movies into the train, and they didn't even try to match the film/lighting quality. So I didn't get that 'graverobbing' vibe.

2) I'm generally a fan of traveling by Virgin, so pretty much anything they do is okay by me. :)

Amy

no way i don't trust Sir Richard, he's like a typical bond villain, firstly he's a billionaire, he also owns his own island and he wants to control outer space, that said his planes are very comfortable.

It could also be suggested he was in cahoots with Lex Luthor to sabotage that plane/shuttle thing he was riding in in the last Superman movie. And he has a beard. Very evil trait, that, particularly a neatly trimmed one.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back