B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old September 11th 17, 05:31   #121
hypatia
First One

Re: Game of Thrones, HBO series

I have no idea. Yes, I had read/heard the fan theory that the undead Dragon was the real objective of the Night King.

I'm almost uncaring who wins the throne. I just want to know where Arya will end up.

In this universe, Daenerys might make sense as a world leader. But she kind of represents a kind of religious fundamentalism that makes me kind of route for someone else.

As far as the Jon Snow question: can the undead impregnate the living? Why not? Everyone else does in this story.
Old September 11th 17, 20:48   #122
Looney
Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypatia View Post
In this universe, Daenerys might make sense as a world leader. But she kind of represents a kind of religious fundamentalism that makes me kind of route for someone else.
You know this is so crazy. I've always tried to put into context what puts me off about Daenerys and I think you just summed it up. Don't get me wrong I love her character, but I've always felt the adoration she has gained has a tenuous status; as the show has shown repeatedly. I think her most volatile followers are the ones who seem like they could turn on her at any moment, the Dothraki. She has taken them out of their entire way of life; a VERY violent and barbarous way of life. I keep feeling that if she is to have a downfall it will be because they withdraw their support or they turn on her. Her followers only follow out of a sense of devotion and devotion can be fickle if it isn't providing what you want. She has completely uprooted most of the Dothraki culture and turned it on it's head. If it were reality she likely would not be able to keep bending them to her will for long. I half expect that if we do have a war with Cersei then one of the pitfalls Daenerys faces if preventing the Dothraki from raping and pillaging, as has always been their way of life. One failing the show has is that it as never really given us much positive to root for in the Dothraki.
Looney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th 17, 06:18   #123
hypatia
First One

Spoiler for for Hypatia:
I hadn't thought of that, actually. They seemed pretty steady to me, to have crossed the sea also kind of commits them to something. But yea, that can change. And she's already lost one dragon. Do you think they'd follow her if she lost all three?

Last edited by hypatia; September 18th 17 at 03:31.
hypatia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th 17, 06:27   #124
Kraig
First One

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypatia View Post
Should I be worrying about spoiler code? I forgot how to do that.

[SPOILER] I hadn't thought of that, actually. They seemed pretty steady to me, to have crossed the sea also kind of commits them to something. But yea, that can change. And she's already lost one dragon. Do you think they'd follow her if she lost all three? [/SPOILER]

(spoiler=for Hypatia]Content[/spoiler]

Spoiler for for Hypatia:
Replace the open parenthesis "(" with open an open bracket "["

More BB code can be found here.

"I've been on food stamps and welfare, did anybody help me out? No. No."
-- Craig T. Nelson
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th 17, 03:32   #125
hypatia
First One

Thanks a lot, Kraig!
Old October 30th 17, 05:17   #126
dedigalihwisnum
Lurker

Peter Dinklage, Sean Bean, Aiden Gillen, Lena Heady -- it's gonna be impressive for the talent alone. And if you haven't read the books... well, hang on to your hats, because it's quite the ride.
dedigalihwisnum is offline   Reply With Quote