• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Because I wasn't crazy enough!

KoshFan

Regular
Because I wasn\'t crazy enough!

I've now started watching "Lost." (Considering that the company is called "Netflix," it's ironic that I've yet to receive a single movie from them.)

I'm maybe halfway through season 1. Color me pleasantly confused. Oh, and Mira's made her first appearance. Great to see her again. I can see that this role is going to give her a good workout.

I'm brimming with questions, but I'm well aware that talking about "Lost" is the new version of carrying coals to Newcastle, so I'll let them simmer in my head for a while longer.

Re: Because I wasn\'t crazy enough!

Watching it on DVD will be infinitely more pleasant that watching it on ABC.

I love the show. I hope the writers know where they're going.

I love the show. I hope the writers know where they're going.

In an interview with Jonathon Ross (a UK TV chat show host) Dominic Monaghan said that the writers and producers have an ending in mind.

I took from that, that it isn't rigidly mapped out, but they seem to know the general direction that the show is heading in.

That's what JJ said about Alias, too, and look what happened to it... but going by the effort and detail of this show, I'm thinking we'll be better off.

Although I am intrigued and absorbed, however, there haven't been any moments like my rather explosive reaction to "Pegasus" in BSG.

That's what JJ said about Alias, too, and look what happened to it... but going by the effort and detail of this show, I'm thinking we'll be better off.

Although I am intrigued and absorbed, however, there haven't been any moments like my rather explosive reaction to "Pegasus" in BSG.

Really? Locke's condition didn't blow you away? Well, you're only halfway through S1, and there's alot more coming, you haven't even started opening up the Pandora's box, yet.

Well, I saw Locke's first ep some time ago. That did make me blink, when I first saw it.

there haven't been any moments like my rather explosive reaction to "Pegasus" in BSG.

Explosive like......diarrhea? :p :D

Seriously though, in terms of "explosive" moments Sawyer's 2nd episode is pretty good.

Hmmm.

I've now watched the pilot and the first 14 episodes. It's good. The last one (focusing on why Sawyer was in Australia, i.e. to meet up with the original Sawyer) was particularly good.

But I don't know... the show hasn't really grabbed me yet. The mysteries are intriguing, and I'll keep watching to see what happens, but Abrams has yet to really grab me the way other creators have. B5, Buffy, BSG, and Firefly all grabbed me pretty quick. I was sold on B5 as soon as I saw "Signs and Portents," which for the record was about the fifth one I saw. By the end of the BSG miniseries I was hooked. Firefly... Firefly probably had me at "We've done the impossible, and that makes us mighty," which if you recall is about three minutes in, and if it didn't have me there I was hooked by the end of the first ep. anyway.

With Lost, the characters just aren't singing to me. I'm intrigued by most of them, but I think that fundamentally this show is just a huge bundle of mysteries and we're only interested because we can't stand puzzles. Maybe it's because no one important has died yet, I dunno, but it seems this show is a secret to be discovered, not a story to be enjoyed. At least not so far.

Maybe I'll keep watching, see what happens next.

False alarm. I'm hooked now.

Hurley's first flashbacks did it for me.

I am quite a "Lost" fan as well as B5. I got hooked on Locke ever since the pilot. Geez...in B5, I absolutely am hooked on Garibaldi. Conclusion...I must have a thing for bald guys!

It just occurred to me...in Star Wars, I liked Mace Windu.

This is getting serious.

And it's no spoiler to let you know that Garibaldi gets balder and balder throughout the series, leading to one inutterably hilarious moment in Season 4....

False alarm. I'm hooked now.

:LOL: :LOL: I know exactly how you feel.

It didn't take me long to get hooked either, but I was so confused when I first started watching the show. There just were so many characters to track, and so many flashbacks, that it was hard to follow. :D But you do get used to it, don't you! ;)

Hurley's first episode "Numbers" was really good. When we got the DVD Set and watched the 1st Season again before Season 2, we started with Numbers, so my lover could see the importance of it, and then went to the Pilot.

All of the Mira Furlan episodes are High caliber in regards to clearing up the picture (or muddying it more, depending upon your view of things) She's back in the S1 3 part Finale and again in 2 episodes in a row in S2. They have so far used her as a "Vorlon" and used her sparingly. She'll pop onto the screen, say a couple things that could mean 1000 different things, and then you spend the rest of the time until her next appearance realizing what she was actually saying.

I wonder if Mira ever has flashbacks? "Dang, I'm playing Kosh on this show!"

I think I read that we might get those in Season 3, not sure though.

I'll also mention that the teaser opening of Season 2 was the coolest sequence in the entire series so far.

I certainly do. I'm just waiting for her to fire off with "Impudent" or "yeeesss" to both sides of a question, LOL.

LOL....I absolutely love her in "Lost." What a mysterious character she plays! She's marvelous, as always.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back