• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

All right, what happened?

KoshFan

Regular
The site stopped responding yesterday right when I was in the middle of a post. I kept trying all day and Firefox kept timing out. Then this morning Firefox informed me that "the connection was refused." Until about five minutes ago, when everything seems back to normal.

Has my laptop gone crazy again? Or was this a problem other people had as well?

The site was down. Major server problems. Antony was planning on moving B5TV to another server and had to rush his plans a bit. There was some concern that he couldn't get the data off of the old server, but it seems that he did.

No, your laptop is no more crazy than usual. ;)

It was very strange. First it was gone (yesterday or the day before), then it was back and I tried to post and then it died, and now it's back again.

The only problem that I've been having after I was able to get to the site on the new server is that the smilies don't work when I click on them. I have to actually type in the code when I want to use them! :eek: :LOL:

The strangest thing was, I went to click the "Post" button on a really big response I'd been working on, and... nothing. For the next 24 hours or so.

At this moment, there are 97 anonymous users on the board, doing all sorts of weird things? What's up with that?

Also, it's not just the emoticons that don't work. The instant UBB Code doesn't either.

At this moment, there are 97 anonymous users on the board, doing all sorts of weird things? What's up with that?

Also, it's not just the emoticons that don't work. The instant UBB Code doesn't either.

I noticed that, too. In one of the B5 forums it had 43 people viewing a thread, and I thought "whaaaaaat? " So I checked who was online.

As far as the smilies go, at least if you put your cursor over them, you can still see the code.

As well as no smilies, being able to post is getting iffy, if I take too long it says that its not valid, hit back and try again. Some of us are very bad , slow, typists!! it's been "inconvient".

The UBB code and stuff is working now. Infopop put quote marks in a piece of javascript. :rolleyes:

Sorry, cpu fans failed in the server. As mentioned Ant was moving to a new machine anyway. but had to get the data off the older machine, so was stuck until that was back up. Box went down somewhere about 1700 (GMT) or so and the quickest I could get into the data centre was the following day at 1400 (one of the risks when you don't run this as a business), then it took a few hours to get everything patched together for a temp. fix, so it was up and down for odd moments whilst being fixed.

Back