• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Another reason Lennier probably didn't like Sheridan in the end...

Marcus was never in even the informal chain of command the way Lennier was. Also, did Marcus ever "serve" as a member of a White Star crew under anyone but Ivanova? She would never have called Marcus anything other than Marcus, but Sheridan might well have addressed him as "Mr. Cole" if he had ever functioned as his executive officer during a mission.

Marcus served under Sheridan in "No Surrender, No Retreat" as an XO when they liberated Proxima III. In that episode he clearly refers to Marcus by forename:

Sheridan: "Hostiles might be splitting up so they can be with both groups to keep them in line."

Marcus: "Unless they are *all* hostile, and some are just more hostile than others."

Sheridan: "Thank you for that ray of sunshine, Marcus. Next time I feel the need to be depressed, I'll remember to call on you."

Once at the beginning of season four, the computer is telling Ivanova how many messages she's got and from whom. One is stated as coming from Marcus Cole. That, I do believe is the only time his surname is used in the show.

Although after his metabolic shutdown... doesn't Sec Turval refer to him by ranger title and surname?

Back