• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Does anyone have any new info on the Babylon 5 Lost Tales?

The following first paragraph is what I wish to be the main focus of this thread:
I've been monitoring the http://[URL="http://www.jmsnews.com"]www.jmsnews.com/[/URL] site and the other google forum for sometime now but I've heard nothing about BABYLON 5 THE lOST TAILS (BTLT) since December of 2006. Is it close to being ready for release for going straight to DVD? :) I imagine the effects shots will take a bit of a spell. I am a huge fan of B-5 and have supported the series since it's conception. :D I am sooooooo excited about more B-5 material!!!! :eek: I was leaping for joy.

Wow!!! This site sure has progressed for the better since my posting during the Legend of The Rangers (LOTR)... A little about myself: I first started posting during season 1 of Babylon 5 the forums title and web access has changed many a times but it is still here. At one point the runner of the forum at that time offered me the chance to be one of the people helping monitor the forums (I declined because I was in the middle of a situation at the time, I never explanned that though),so you can see I was a faithful forum member for a long time. However, when The Legend Of The Rangers movie failed to generate a new series I sadly confess I lost alot of hope. But I occasionally strayed back to the sight to see the goings on.

I admire JMS's tenacity at sticking to his guns and never giving up on his dream to make all his dreams come alive. JMS I was out there beatin the streets handing out fliers supporting your B-5 show during it's struggles to not get cancelled, it was a relief to see that it got picked up for season 4 and then by TNT for season 5. YOU DID IT, YOU ACCOMPLISHED EVERYTHING YOU SAID YOU WOULD!!! I have always been 100% behind you. I hope that doesn't sound like a suck up because I mean it from my heart.:angel:

My heart died a little when I heard about the actors Andreas Katsulas & Richard Biggs who died (that plaid G'kar and Dr Franklin). It was a very hurtful painful day for me. Is there a e-mail address I can go to to console the widows or some kind of free will gift offering? When was the service held? I only want this topic briefly hit on. Because I know this drags up pain for everyone who loved these people as fellow human beings, (so let the answers about these two be brief and be done with it). Then lets move on. I believe it is honorable to their memory. I think his character G'kar would want us to smile when we think of him. * In memory of him I say: "Love to stay, can't, have to go, kiss kiss love love, bye," G'kar.

Re: Does anyone have any new info on the Babylon 5 Lost Tails?

Welcome back, fto! If you will go to the B5 World Forum, just above this one, you will find a sticky at the top for posting just the news. That was created after a non-sticky thread, Actual B5 TLT News, which you should scan through as well, for earlier news. Now, it is just for discussion of the news. Any news on the site will be in one, or the other. New posts of news will be in the sticky.

for the one said:
Does anyone have any new info on the Babylon 5 Lost Tails?

We even have a thread specifically for news about The Lost Tales; do note though that that is a news-only thread and is not for commenting as requested by several members of the board. This other thread contains news posts made before the implimentation of a news-only thread as well as all discussion about news regarding TLT as it becomes available. You will most definitely find a LOT of discussion, as well as answers to some of your questions there.

Ooo, JJ and I having a moment of simultaneous typing. :D But I've got linky goodness, so there! :p

My heart died a little when I heard about the actors Andreas Katsulas & Richard Biggs who died (that plaid G'kar and Dr Franklin). It was a very hurtful painful day for me. Is there a e-mail address I can go to to console the widows or some kind of free will gift offering? When was the service held?

There was no single service -- they died several years apart. Richard Biggs died in May of 2004, and Andreas died in February of 2006. If you search on some of the forums and newsgroups out there (this one, jmsnews.com, the moderated newsgroup, etc.), you'll find lots of posts about Richard Biggs' memorial, which was publicly announced and attended by many of the cast members. Andreas had a private funeral service in his home town, and if there was a memorial on the west coast for his friends in the film/tv business, it was never announced or reported to the fans.

Pat Tallman's site, the Galactic Gateway, has a forum much like this one, and there was a thread there for leaving comments for Andreas's family (it may still be archived there, but I doubt it's still open for posting). Pat's plan was to print out the comments from that thread and bring them to Andreas's family at the memorial, but as I say, we never heard anything about whether a memorial actually took place, or what. Still, knowing Pat, I'm sure she made good on her word and printed out the thread for his family in any case.

There were fundraising efforts for the Biggs family, including a big event sort of like a one-day convention attended by some of the B5 cast and other actors Rick had worked with. I don't know if money is still being collected for them, however. Check with Jan over on jmsnews.com forums or the moderated newsgroup. She was pretty much handling all of the fundraising for them. This was being done because it was made publicly known that the Biggs family needed and welcomed the help.

However, Andreas's family made no such request, therefore, it wouldn't be appropriate to try to send them any money. His funeral announcement said that memorial contributions may be made to his family's church: St. Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church, 4967 Forest Park Avenue, St. Louis, Mo. 63108. Their website is: http://www.sngoc.org/main.asp

Amy

Thanks, Amy. But while I did some fundraising, I mainly just made it easier for others to make donations. I'm sure that much more was sent directly to the fund, as it should be.

There's a lot of information about the cast members who've passed away here at the Zocalo news site.

Here's the info on the memorial fund:

In honor of Richard's most prized contributions to this world, his children, a special fund has been set up for their education. In lieu of flowers or gifts, please send donations to:

The Benefit of the Children of Richard James Biggs II
Washington Mutual Bank
840 N. San Fernando Blvd
Burbank CA 91502.

To help his children remember what a wonderful man he was and how many people's lives he touched, please send your special memory or photo to:

RJ and Hunter Biggs
1052 W. Alameda Ave #350
Burbank CA 91506.

The family also asked that if you make a donation to the memorial fund that you send a note also to the family address so they know of your kindness.

Jan

Thank you for the kind warm welcome Jade Jaguar, you make me feel special and a part of this family again. Reading your posts made me laugh.

Again you too vacantlook, thanks one and all for the info. AnlaShokGrey and Jan thanks for your input about support funding it means alot to me.

*AnlaShokGrey I voted and gave you a very good hair stylist rating but I must admit I am in my 30's and I kinda like the first 80's look you had. Being a child of the 80's and all. It's my weakness what can I say.

Last edited:
Well, whether your vote is for the 80s Amy or the '00s Amy, it's still a vote! (As long as it's a "10" vote, of course!) :)

Thanks much.

Amy

Back