• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

B5 DVD Cover Artwork - Personal Collection

Hello

One of my great loves in life is my collection of bespoke DVD cover artwork. For nearly ten years now I have had three cover artists producing unique pieces of work for my personal collection. I love Doctor Who, Blake's Seven, Babylon 5 and Battlestar Galactica. The first two on that list I have an extensive one off collection and am now embarking on a collection of covers for every episode of Babylon 5. I prefer single case boxes and love the look on the shelf.

So I thought you might like to see the first completed cover for Babylon 5 which is from Season 4.

The Hour Of The Wolf

davesingleb53.jpg

The Next cover we are working on is from Series 3 Interludes and Examinations!! My plan is to rotate seasons so one cover from each season before coming back to season 4. I basically tell the artist what characters elements I want and we take it from there. This artist is brilliant at colouring black and white images so that can be very useful. Just to add these covers will not be made available they are a one off personal collection.

Cheers

The Great One

If people are interested in seeing any of the Doctor Who or Blake's Seven covers I could post them if it is of interest.

Last edited:
Very nice! If only Warners would've treated the show and us so well. Nah, then they would have charged us double, Season 1 wouldn't have sold nearly well enough and the release would've ended at Season 1.

Here we go then with cover number two. I asked if we could have an effect showing the death of Kosh travelling along the station and I think it looks terrific. I am very pleased with the cover, so pleased that I am breaking my own rules and having another Season 3 cover next.

Interludes And Examinations

davesingleb5interludes.jpg

If anybody wants to suggest what cover to do after the next one suggest away!!! Preferably from either Season 1,2 or 5 !!

Last edited:
"Movements of Fire and Shadow"

Thank You JoeD80 for responding. That's a great choice for Season 5 it was one I was considering along with The Fall Of Centauri Prime to do first.

Cover three should be finished in the next week so keep your eyes peeled for cover four!!

Best Wishes

The Great One

The next cover is nearly finished and I think it is the best one yet. It's everything I hoped for and more!!! Should be up on Sunday!!

Just to give you an update three new covers coming soon which are linked so waiting for all three to be completed before posting.

Some comments would be lovely !!

Quite stunning, love to see what Signs and Portents or Chrysalis look like for an idea of a Season 1 cover. On your Z'ha'dum cover, I haven't seen the episode in ages, but the last 3 words might be 'born in pain', not 'paved in pain'

When we talked about how the set should look I wanted Sinclair centre stage his last hurrah so to speak. I wanted an all human cover for WWE 1 and an all Minbari WWE 2 cover the station also is supposed to be travelling so hopefully it looks like the various points in time.

It would be lovely if people would comment and give suggestions on future covers. Remember these are all recoloured screen grabs the artist is just brilliant.

Quite stunning, love to see what Signs and Portents or Chrysalis look like for an idea of a Season 1 cover. On your Z'ha'dum cover, I haven't seen the episode in ages, but the last 3 words might be 'born in pain', not 'paved in pain'

Hi thanks for the comment your right it should be born in pain. I will put your two story suggestions at the top of the pile after the next three which will all be from Season 2.

Thanks again I missed your comments when I posted the last three yesterday.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back