• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

(Attempted) Transcript of the trailer

drakh

Regular
I've tried to do a quick transcript of the trailer, for those who can't access it. I hope it's acurate, and I did use the best quality video, but I'm far from from flawless. In particular, some very quick cuts may be missing.

Some would probably consider it to contain spoilers, but if you did, you shoudln't be reading this thread anyway.

--------

All of the scenes, exept those with G'Kar, seem to be from taken from the same set - a minbari-ish ship of some kind.

------------

(Soft male voice... I think it's Durlann)
"We a born of the stars."

People (probably the main characters) sitting around a circular table.

"We live in starlight."

Closeup of a female Narn (Na'Feel).

"We die in starlight."

Upper body of a female Minbari with ranger pin (Firell).

"All are one."

Head and chest of G'Kar and a male ranger (David) staning together.

"Sworn in the "shok'nar".

Head and chest of male Minbari (Dulann) holding an matt oval ciricle with a matt star (red center) in it.

--------------

Various quick cuts from what looks to be inside the ship. It looks damaged - lots of smoke.

-------------

(G'Kar)
"We recived this recording..."

People manning the controls of a (probably minbari style) ship.

Back of head and right shoulder of male Ranger (David).

"They found a city... _Billions_ of years old."

Upper body of G'Kar, holding what is probably a data crystal in his hand in front of him. Cuts to back of G'Kar. Cuts back to the previous angle.

------------

(Kitaro)
"We've got company..."

Kitaro - Head/shoulders.

Someone jumping down a shaft of some kind.

------------

People sitting at the table again. An offscreen explosion pushes them to the right. People falling to the floor in smokefilled room.

------------

(Soft male voice again... probably the same as in the start... Spoken by the male minbari mentioned below.)

"We are Rangers"

People standing in a circle on what looks to be the ship set. They all bow their heads.

"We live for the one"

Head/shoulders of male Minbari (?).

"We die for the one"

Four people standing together - (from left to right) female human (Sarah), male human (?), side shot of male Minbari (the one from the previous cut) holding a box with something shiny in it (a ranger pin?), back of head of a Drazi (Tirk).

Babylon 5
Legend of the Rangers

coming soon

[SciFi Channel logo]

-----------

The background music is nice... IIRC it's fairly similar to the Requiem of the Line, but I'll leave that judgement to the experts.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joseph DeMartino:
I believe the music is from the fifth season main titles.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I can't agree with you there... This one is much more mysterious and subtle.

It's the "Requiem for the Line" from the first season. That particular remix is from the European release of the first soundtrack and can also be heard on the Best of Babylon 5 CD that came with the B5 CD-ROM Guide that Sierra when Sierra was still a respectable gaming company.
smile.gif

------------------
WombatControl
http://www.flarn.com/wombatcontrol/
"Who let the spoo out? Sigh sigh sigh sigh sigh..."

It's def not 5th season titles. It actually sounds to me more like Requiem for the Line, but still is not it... I love the sound of it and don't think I've heard it before, so hopefully it's something new for the show, and not a recycled piece. Sounded perfect for the trailer. I cannot WAIT for that CD.
shocked.gif

------------------
"There are moments when we all become someone else, something other than what we are. It takes only a moment, but we spend the rest of our lives looking back at that moment in shame."

Whoops, hey, I did say that it sounded like Requiem of the Line, but not quite, lol. Well, I tried...
crazy.gif

*sniff* I was really hoping that it was something new...
mad.gif
I can't wait all these months for the new music, lol. Bah.

------------------
"There are moments when we all become someone else, something other than what we are. It takes only a moment, but we spend the rest of our lives looking back at that moment in shame."

People here are wonderful; thanks for the time, effort and patience spent in reproducing the dialoge for us!!

------------------
The avalance has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.

You must have spent lot of time and energy to write down it, Drakh.
Thanks a lot.
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

------------------
"And so it begins..." (Kosh, December 2258)

Am I to conclude from this I already missed it? The site isn't available anymore? Nobody copied the trailer or anything (accept for the transcript above)?

I already hate SciFiChannel as much as TNT. Making a trailer for an audience that small, don't they want it have more viewers than on B5?

------------------
"I don't watch TV. It’s a cultural wasteland filled with inappropriate metaphors and an unrealistic portrayal of life created by the liberal media-elite."

thanx Sigma, I'm downloading Realplayer right now (didn't have it yet)

------------------
"I don't watch TV. It’s a cultural wasteland filled with inappropriate metaphors and an unrealistic portrayal of life created by the liberal media-elite."

the small version looks better, streaming video this time, better colours.
thanx again Sigma

------------------

Thanks, Sigma, you're a life saver. I wasn't able to get the stream last night, and of course when I checked this morning the site is gone.

Anyway, when I tried your 35K link it gave a cell phone commercial, but when I tried the 12K link, they still had the preview up. It was so small and short, it doesn't matter much that it wasn't the 35K version, and I'm glad I got to see it either way.

Despite the fuzziness of the 12K version, it looks very cinematic. There's something about the lighting or the cinematograhpy that I think complements the make-up and the mood of the scenes. And really, who cares; if it has G'Kar in it, it simply cannot be crap.

------------------
Not many fishes left in the sea. Not many fishes, just Londo and me.

Thanks for the transcript drakh.
smile.gif

Regarding the last shot of 4 people standing together, judging from the captured images I've seen, they are (from left to right): Sarah, David, Dulann, Tirk.

BTW, here's a link to an mp3 of the european soundtrack version of Requiem for the Line.
http://shadow.tky.hut.fi/b5/clips/Requiem2.mp3

------------------
vakie

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> I already hate SciFiChannel as much as TNT. Making a trailer for an audience that small, don't they want it have more viewers than on B5? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think you have misunderstood one thing. The video is definetly not a trailer. Teaser would be a better word. So it's really not meant for getting "more viewers than on B5".

Btw, my ears tell me that the first line is "We are born of the stars", not "We a born of the stars". Yes, I'm nitpicking but that's just me
smile.gif

------------------
--
Henry Vistbacka [aka glouph]
henry.vistbacka@luukku.com
"Cherish this moment, for happiness is elusive."

[This message has been edited by glouph (edited July 01, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by glouph (edited July 01, 2001).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>I already hate SciFiChannel as much as TNT. Making a trailer for an audience that small, don't they want it have more viewers than on B5?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The first time it aired, Dune was the highest rated program in the history of the Sci-Fi Channel. I didn't see the ratings, but I'd be surprised if even on the third go-'round it didn't draw more viewers than the average B5 rerun. So they were announcing the fact of the new B5 TV movie to a lot more people than would normally be aware of the show.

Granted only a portion of the TV audience has internet access and only a fraction of that number would bother going to the site (plus several million fans from other countries once the URL was posted on sites like this one
smile.gif
), but just advertising the "secret website" would communicate that idea that this is something SFC is taking seriously.

Besides, the promo announcing the teaser ran in June. The movie probably won't air until December. Most TV movies are not promoted at all six months before their air dates. So this little teaser now is a good way to whet people's appetites. Believe me, there will be much more finished spots (with SFX and everything) as we get closer to the movie's premier.

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

Back