• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

What ship would you chose to fly?

cange1701

I'd have to say a Starfury. It seems more personal, I guess. You could "feel" it more. It's like riding in a small plane compaired to a jumbo jet. It's just a different "feel".
wink.gif

------------------
Nice shark, pretty shark.....

For me, definitely a Whitestar, what a
cool.gif
ship.

My hubby has whispered in my ear - a Shadow Ship, well that's a big surprise, dear
wink.gif

Ali, Strive Towards The Light

------------------

White Star all the way, gotta luv the minbari crystal controls
cool.gif

------------------
2 + 2 is not 4!! This is the kinda stuff that's gonna get you started on crazy ideas like freedom and democracy. Just say no! ;)

Vorlon Planet Killer
laugh.gif

------------------
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." -- Captain Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie (The Drumhead)

I would prefer a ship that is easy to operate, fast, versatile, powerful... has a built-in Vorlon sound system, can sing and play cards with the crew.

A Vorlon personal transport or an advanced version of a Blue Star...

------------------
Canned flarn is a sacrilege.

Galen's flyer, but you'd have to have the implants to go with it, which would also be cool.
smile.gif

------------------
"Expect me, when you see me."

What the flaming Bhooji is a Blue Star???? Is it the micro version of a whitestar as seen in Sleeping in Light. Well you can have all those ships, I'd like the Ranger ship from deconstruction of falling stars, and I'll have a transformed body and encounter suit to boot! Either that or I'd design a T'bolt/Nial ranger fighter hybrid with vorlon tech added!

------------------
"We Live for the One. We die for the One!"

For me it's gotta be the Excalibur, i don't know why but i love the design. Plus the main guns, well, it would just be so cool, even if you do need multiple people to run it. Close second would be the Vree saucer, purely for those green lasers. Thats prety dman cool how it shreds a shadow fighter
smile.gif

------------------
Londo: "When I said my quarters were cold, I did not mean "Oh, I think it is a little chilly in here. Perhaps I'll throw a blanket on the bed." No! I said it was COLD! As in, "Oh look - my left arm has snapped off like an icicle and shattered on the floor!"

I would have to say it would be the Thunderbolt. I would have said the Starfury but, it only seats one. Being a pilot myself, flying solo gets very lonely. You start doing things like talking to yourself and other somewhat scary things to keep from being completely bored. I would need someone to talk to, so the Thunderbolt it is.

------------------
Good, Bad...I'm the one with the gun.

I think I'd probably choose a starfury to fly. But then again, flying a Vorlon vessel would have to be one of the coolest things. It's just so mysterious and secretive and not very many people know much about them.

------------------
You name it, sooner or later, everyone comes to Babylon 5.
-Commander Jeffrey David Sinclair, The Gathering

Good Question!

Of coarse I'd go with a Shadow vessel, I wouldn't mind th implants. I'd jusy use some dry skin lotion, man. The scream in my enemies minds would be worth it.
wink.gif
Second would be the EA Omega class Destroyer. It just looks cool.

<Thrawn fondly wishes for an Imperial Star Destroyer with his personal TIE Intercepter>
SWEEEEEEEEET!!!!

------------------
THRAWN
Ardent follower of B5 and SW.

"If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten." -George Carlin

I don’t know if this little topic has been discussed before but just for the fun of it, so if you had the opportunity, what ship would you chose out of all the ships you’ve seen in the B5 universe?

I would personally like to fly a shadow ship (duh!) but of course I would still be in control of my self, and no implants, I have sensitive skin
tongue.gif
. But I think they are just awesome looking ships and would love to fly a level 3 battlecrab. Not to mention crating a little bit of chaos along the way.

Your turn...

------------------
I love chaos...

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kosh2262:
For me it's gotta be the Excalibur, i don't know why but i love the design. Plus the main guns, well, it would just be so cool, even if you do need multiple people to run it. Close second would be the Vree saucer, purely for those green lasers. Thats prety dman cool how it shreds a shadow fighter
smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would want the Excalibur as well. I would want that waiting process after the main guns are fired, under a bit more control. But the ship is magnificent.

And so very phallic.

LOLOLOLOL

Ok, maybe I should say that but it is. Dang it really is. Watching it right now.

Hey on Babylon 5 tonight I saw an actress that I believe became Dureena. The voice is the same hard to mistake that one. This was the episode with Duncan and the symbiots.

Hmmmmmmm is this the only true mixing of races ever shown on B5? Excluding of course, Delenn and the eventually turn of Sinclair into Minbari (or should I type Mimbari just to bug Gonzo???).

Also, the other day they played the one where Susan goes to Epsilon3 and gets the vision of the president being killed and Clark. Was that voice Morden's????? Just curious.

------------------
Colleen L. Stanford
Gideon's Mine, all Mine
(he just doesn't know it yet, LOL)

Capitol ship, I'd say the Vorlon Dreadnaught. It,s big, its packs a ton of firepower and its can take a ton of damage.

Fighter, definitely the thunderbolt.

------------------
"All ships open fire! Repeat! Fire!"

In order of preference:

1. shadow death cloud
(need I really explain this one?)

2. shadow 3mile long battle crab
3. Warlock class destroyer
4. sharlin class destroyer
5. drahk mother ship
6. centauri battle cruiser (the BIG ones that used the mass drivers on narn homeworld)

------------------

Hey Gideonsmine

1)Yes It was Carrrie Dorbo in "Exogenisis" who would be Dureena Nafeel.

2)Yes that was Morden's voice you heard.
And all that it implies.

3)<phalic?> Man thats worse than the thread over at the SciFi B5 Bboard about how the station looks like a sex toy.

------------------
THRAWN
Ardent follower of B5 and SW.

"Kill 'em all, Let Valen sort them out."
-Random B5 bumper sticker

"If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten."
-George Carlin

Hi all...I'm new to this part of the Intergalactic Highway.

I'm fond of the ship Lennier flew...the one where he was lying down in the cockpit. The White Star would be next...it has a nice, feminine shape to it.

------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter. Not all those who wander are lost."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Anduril:

I'm fond of the ship Lennier flew...the one where he was lying down in the cockpit.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That would be a nial fighter

------------------

I would chose for the Minbari Hel'Zha class heavy fighter.
laugh.gif
I've seen a picture once on a site called 'Voltaire's Encyclopedia Xenobiologica' (no longer exists
frown.gif
). It looks a bit like the Blue Star Sheridan was in in SIL.
At VEX they said I was the first ship to combine Minbari and Vorlon tech.
I remember Sinclair flying one in the book 'To dream in the city of sorrows'.

------------------
"I don't watch TV. It’s a cultural wasteland filled with inappropriate metaphors and an unrealistic portrayal of life created by the liberal media-elite."

Back