• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Terminator News

Pobman

Regular
Looks like there is going to be a TV show set in the Terminator unvierse as well as a fourth Terminator movie being "in the final phases of development".

Sci-fi.com link

Friedman is aboard to write the pilot and serve as executive producer-show runner of the series, which would take place in the fictional time frame between the second and third Terminator movies.

Friedman is the guy who wrote the recent suckfest War of the Worlds, so I am thinking that this isn't going to be very good. However, as an eternal optimist, I will give it a chance.

As to the film:
Meanwhile, Vajna confirmed to Variety that C2 is in "the final phases of development" of a fourth Terminator movie, and the series will have a link to what's being envisioned as a new feature trilogy.

Not enough information for me to get judgemental about.

I actually enjoyed War of the Worlds, but that idea for a series sounds utter bull-shite.

Linda Hamilton, who played Sarah Connor in the first two Terminator movies, is not expected to be involved in the show. And because the series will be focused on the Connor family, it's not anticipated that Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, who played the title character in the films, would be a regular part of the series either.

Middleton said the series will explore what happened to Sarah Connor after the end of T2, when the character went on the run...

Great, a woman and baby show. :rolleyes:

Her general descent into nuttyness was described very well in T2, this is overkill IMHO.

There are plenty of other better ideas for a Terminator series, the future war against the machines for instance.

Middleton said the series will explore what happened to Sarah Connor after the end of T2, when the character went on the run...

Well, actually a woman and teenager show, since it's after the end of T2, not Terminator... :p

But I agree...this doesn't excite me at all, and seems indicative of the current trend of returning to past glories, rather than trying to make something new and interesting.

Yawn!

VB.

PS - of course, you and I know I'll still watch it, or at least the first few episodes. :rolleyes:

Terminated news

Dear god. This sounds terrible. I mean, the third movie was awful, it was like... Doom. And now the tv-series? About what? A woman on the run? I sense a souls in search for money...

Anyway, of course being a sci-fi person myself I will give this tv-series a chance, I thought that Atlantis would surely bomb, yet it was way better than the original (and while season ten is confirmed with the same "Farscape goes Stargate" theme... bleh), maybe it could evolve into something. *cough* Bullshit *cough*

There are plenty of other better ideas for a Terminator series, the future war against the machines for instance.

I'm hoping that that is what the film(s) would be about.

Well, actually a woman and teenager show, since it's after the end of T2, not Terminator... :p

But I agree...this doesn't excite me at all, and seems indicative of the current trend of returning to past glories, rather than trying to make something new and interesting.

Yawn!

VB.

PS - of course, you and I know I'll still watch it, or at least the first few episodes. :rolleyes:

Well, that kid in T2 whined like a baby when Arnie copped it.

'I go now to a life of politics, I know now vi yu cry!!!'

Maybe the terminator they'll use for the series will be that female one from the third movie. I can see them thinking that all they'd need to have a successful program is to have a bimbo robot out of taking a sideways glance at Battlestar Galactica and ignoring its depth and instead focusing on only its sex appeal.

If they are going to feature a Terminator, I just hope they don't do a "Terminator of the week" format. That would seriously undermine the Terminators if they managed to defeat a new one each week.

I really can't see myself enjoying this, however the eternal optimist in me says "I didn't think a TV show about a bunch of people surviving a plane crash was going to be any good, or that I couldn't see how I would enjoy a remake of BSG", how worng I was, so I live in hope.

This week's celebrity Terminator is...
22m.jpg

What you talking 'bout Sarah Conner!

(Obvious I know but I could'nt think of a better celebrity terminator in the 30 seconds before an install finishes... any ideas folks?)

EDIT...

Well, he seems to be keeping busy these days anyway :p
gcoleman.jpg

Back