• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Tower Prep

Anyone here watch Tower Prep?

When I started covering it for my site, I called it "The Prisoner, Jr," which it unquestionably is, the similarities - even specific ones in the first and final episodes - are unmistakable. And yet, rather than be a simple tween-aged knockoff of a classic, it put several really interesting spins on it, and the entire focus of the show was completely different, a different emphasis, different themes. The shorthand version is, I guess, "What if #6 wasn't such an arrogant, defiant jackass, and decided to pretend he liked the place, and tried to fit in while secretly gaining allies who would help him escape."

Dodgy acting among much of the cast, some questionable direction here and there, some ham-fisted exposition and corn now and again, but man that sucker moved. The status quo changed a bit in every episode, and they actually had a solid close at the end of the season, with a tag that set up season 2.

Alas, we'll probably never get a second season, but I'm curious to know what anyone else thought of it, assuming any of you were among the 30 or so people who bothered to watch it.

(Please note; I have no ulterior political motives in asking this question)

I only watched one episode, partly because I never remembered when it was on and partly because I wasn't really drawn into it. It was ok; there are definitely worse things to watch.

I only watched one episode, partly because I never remembered when it was on and partly because I wasn't really drawn into it. It was ok; there are definitely worse things to watch.

I think having kids - and actually watching TV with them - you tend to schlogg through a lot of crap, so the things that aren't crappy tend to strike you a bit harder than they would folks who don't have kids.

When I first saw the previews, I didn't think it was going to be all that great. Turned out to be a decent show. Not perfect by any means, as I find a few things a bit hard to swallow at times, but still worth one's time to view. I've always been a sucker for a good mystery ever since I was a kid. I especially respect how they didn't drag things along and managed to to reveal many details in such a short amount of time and yet still leave some to be answered.

When I first saw the previews, I didn't think it was going to be all that great. Turned out to be a decent show. Not perfect by any means, as I find a few things a bit hard to swallow at times, but still worth one's time to view. I've always been a sucker for a good mystery ever since I was a kid. I especially respect how they didn't drag things along and managed to to reveal many details in such a short amount of time and yet still leave some to be answered.

Yeah, I like that pretty much every episode had consequences in the next, and there was a clear arc from 'setup' to 'resolution.'

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back