• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

"Today we lost Richard Biggs"

Re: \"Today we lost Richard Biggs\"

Wow... Must be so strange seeing Bruce and Joe and Jerry and the guyz in his funeral... You wouldn't know if you're watching true people or an episode of B5...

This is so surreal.

anyone knows of any pictures from the funeral yet?

Pictures?? That would be in very bad taste, imo. There've been 2 accounts by people who attended.

Jan

how would that be in bad taste?

A funeral is a ceremony in honor of someone's death. Pictures are usually being taken, and it would be interesting to see all those people who came to share his last respect.

I'm not talking paparachi pictures...
I couldn't attend the ceremony (since I live in Israel), but I would want to at least see it.

Nice to get a report about it.
It was good to hear that people showed up and filled the church.

I go without my computer for a couple of weeks and I return only to find this tragic news. He will be missed, but he will always live on as Dr. Franklin. I'm glad I got the chance to see him in such an incredible role, and sad that I will not see him in that role again. The B5 universe was truly blessed to have had such a person.

Hi, I'm new here and thought that I should pay hommage to the memory of Rick Biggs before anything else. I can't express how saddened I am to learn of the death of such a fine actor and human being. Just thinking of some of his most profound performances in the show always sent a shiver up my spine. Who can forget his lines with Claudia's charecter in "the shadow of Za'ha'Dum"? about how he saw every lost patient when he closes his eyes. Or his struggle with addiction that culminated in perhaps my favourite scene of the whole show, his encounter with himself at the end of his walkabout.

Though his passing has caused despair for us all, some solace can be taken. In his performances he has left something that will endure for a long time and in doing so has touched the hearts of many.

(sorry, got a little preachy there) :eek:

Today is the third anniversary of Richard Biggs' death. I thought it might be appropriate to celebrate the life of a wonderful man and actor. *lights a candle*

Holy thread resurrection, Batman ...

On a more serious note, I am sitting here amazed that it is already three years. It doesn't seem anything like that long. Continued prayers for his family.

Agreed; it doesn't feel like it's been that long. It's still incredibly sad to think about.

Re: "Today we lost Richard Biggs"

Indeed. I was shocked when I read that.

Hope his family is doing well, and has managed to move on. I just started rewatching B5 for the first time since it was on television. So at least he'll live on in our memories for a good, long time. :cool:

I heard from Lori Biggs near the beginning of the year and she and the boys were fine.

One thing that was a major theme at the Memorial breakfast the year after Rick's death was that the aortic dissection that caused his death can be detected by an MRI and the flawed artery can be repaired. People who may have had a relative die from a 'massive heart attack', as this sort of thing used to be called, should have the test done. If even one life can be saved by spreading this information it would be a great memorial to Rick.

Jan

Whenever I think about Rick, or am in a discussion about him, I always mentally revisit that one scene where he's dancing. He's sweeping his partner off her feet and just having a good time! And it always makes me smile. :)Thank you for that, Rick.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back