• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

BSG Season 2 (UK)

Pobman

Regular
Sky One is showing season 2 of Battlestar Galactica at the moment, last night was Episode 2 - Valley of Darkness, so we are about 9 weeks behind the US (so no spoilers please for us, though there will be spoilers for those that are behind the UK!). Enough with the spoiler book-keeping, onto the fanboy rave.

Wow. This is definitely my favourite show of the moment. I do love Lost, Prison Break was a pleasant surprise and the next season of 24 looks like it could be great, but BSG is just something else.

Instead of resolving the season cliffhanger in the first episode, the show-writers decide to heap even more trouble on Galactica by splitting up the fleet and I loved every minute of it!

With episode 2, I loved the fact that even though they retrieved the medkit and one of them died bringing it back, the guy still died anyway. Brilliant.

I don't think they can keep up this quality for too long. It has to be impossible, but I'm gonna damn well enjoy it while it lasts.

Pobman, they've kept up the quality so far with the episodes we've seen in the US of Season 2.

Wow, you UK folks must've really been jonesing for BSG season 2. You saw all of Season 1 before we saw any of it I believe, so it definitely must've been a good while in between seasons.

It was a LONG wait but worth it :)

UK SPOILERS

I thought the first episode was a bit fragmented because they now have so many separate story lines being woven togeter, but episode 2 was brilliant. The scenes with the Cylons on baord Galactica were fantastic, really tense, and with the crew showing just how scared they were.

I'm feeling for the poor Chief! He's lost some of his crew and if he ever gets back from Kobol he's going to find out his girlfriend's a Cylon!

See...I like BSG, but I don't love it...definitely think it's overrated (purely my subjective opinion, mind).

I think I've figured out why. There's not enough humour. Now, I don't think that the Cylons should start doing skits about fork 'andles, ;) but still, some levity to contrast with the misery might make the dramatic scenes a bit more dramatic, to me at least.

At least in S1 Balthar was sometimes quite funny...

VB

As I said in the other thread, I watched disc 2 of season 2 last night. Enjoying it. Yes, Balthar hasn't been interesting of late, but it's hard to juggle so many characters and subplots. The Boomer stuff more than makes up for it.

Back