• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

New Serenity Trailer...

I just saw it! Fan-freakin'-tastic!

Where's a time machine when you need one? I can't wait for September 30 to get here.

Sounds like you're hooked :) Next thing you know, you'll be wearing a browncoat :D

I dunno about "hooked." I did say I'd see the film even before I started wathing the series. It's entertaining enough.

I read today that a theater somewhere near Seattle is showing 4 or 5 episodes of Firefly plus the trailer. That would be sweet to catch some of them on a big screen.

I've just seen Serenity - short version...it rocked.

Longer version... it had everything I wanted/expected - the humour, drama, characters...and the big "plot" wasn't a random sci-fi macguffin, but tied directly into one of the central themes of Firefly and Serenity.

Awesome stuff, truly. :)

VB

Cool. Did it explain many of the questions left over from the series? I'm assuming it left itself open for sequels and/or series, but if that does't happen, did it provide closure? This is one of the few films I really look forward to seeing in a theater.

Jayne Cobb hat on Ebay

From the person who bought you Dr Who scarves, we proudly present,

THE JAYNE COBB CUNNING HAT! :D

Knitted to my own pattern, carefully researched from the DVDs, this is the latest in my fundraising drive for my church organ.

Enough of the sales pitch, click here, and bid for the essential item to wear at the Serenity premier.

Cool. Did it explain many of the questions left over from the series? I'm assuming it left itself open for sequels and/or series, but if that does't happen, did it provide closure? This is one of the few films I really look forward to seeing in a theater.

It explains some of the questions, yes. I'm sure I wont be spoiling it if I tell you it focuses on River this time (i.e. her secrets. Click here to see some awesome viral marketing videos... )

It leaves some other questions open which, I guess, may or may not be answered in any sequels. If there are no sequels it does provide a fair amount of closure. :cool:

VB

Re: Jayne Cobb hat on Ebay

From the person who bought you Dr Who scarves, we proudly present,

THE JAYNE COBB CUNNING HAT! :D

Knitted to my own pattern, carefully researched from the DVDs, this is the latest in my fundraising drive for my church organ.

Enough of the sales pitch, click here, and bid for the essential item to wear at the Serenity premier.

I love that hat! :LOL: Any chance I can commission two of them for friends who are attending the Serenity convention in November? :D

Re: Jayne Cobb hat on Ebay

I love that hat! :LOL: Any chance I can commission two of them for friends who are attending the Serenity convention in November? :D

YES! :D

PM me and we can discuss terms.

Well, it wasn't the trailer on that web site but my TiVo has a Serenity trailer highlighted on the menu. I think we will make some plans to see it in the theater.

I am not sure I like the way the lighting was done in the movie however...

The lighting on Firefly was always unusual, because they wanted it to look kind of gritty. Hence lots and lots of lens flares. Going by what I've seen, I suspect they've kept that for the movie.

Friday night at the Lincoln Center cineplex in New York they had a couple of Serenity posters, which is cool. The poster was River in the foreground and Reynolds' face in the back, with the seemingly non-sequitor tag-line "The future is worth fighting for."

IMO, I don't see the promotional devices reeling in people who aren't either hardcore sci-fi fans or who have watched and enjoyed the series. Hopefully that will be enough for sequels.

Seems like we might be getting it after all .. called "Flucht in Neue Welten" - "Escape to new Worlds" .. huh? :confused:

Though due to not having seen ANY marketing for it or .. well .. anything, my hopes of it being in one of the few english cinemas in Vienna are still limited. Will still have to keep the backup plan of going to Brno, as dubbing is way less common in the Czech Republic.

WAA! I fucking hate dubbing :rolleyes:

Back