• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

B5 game ---- Minbari Hangman?

Hi guys! Just joined up, watching season 5 again on FX here in Ireland, enjoying every moment. I know I have it all on DVD, but there's something about having to wait a day for the next episode that makes it more fun: sort of like watching "24" llive as opposed to all in one go, maybe?

Anyway, had a small idea, people may be interested, may not. A quote game (how original, I hear you say!) but with a difference. Several words are left out of the quote, and you have to fill i the blanks to get the full quote. Calling it Minbari Hangman cos it just sounds a bit like what they might do for a logical puzzle perhaps: instead of leaving letters out leave whole words?

Aaanyway, for those who wish to take part, here's the first one. See how yaz do! :)

"If this leaves a ------ ---- ------- on anything, I'm ------ ----!"

Easy, huh? :thumbsup::devil:

Is it lack of interest, or does no-one know what this quote is?
Have to say, we're onto our second one over at another B5 forum... :)

Anyone needs a clue, let me know!

See yaz in the morning!

Wow! I'm the only one posting in my own thread!
Would it help if I pointed out that the number of spaces in each missing word is exactly the amount of letters in each word? No?

YAY! Well done Babylonfan, ya got it! :bolian:
So you get to set the next one....

FYI for those unaware, it was Garibaldi to the shop vendor in "Infection". Context: he's talking to the lady ISN reporter who's pressing him (ooer!) on getting Sinclair to do an interview, so to divert her he picks up an object and tells her he's not sure about the translation, but it's either an aphrodisac or a furniture polish. He can't decide if it's worth the risk. He does, hence the quote.

YAY! Well done Babylonfan, ya got it! :bolian:
So you get to set the next one....

FYI for those unaware, it was Garibaldi to the shop vendor in "Infection". Context: he's talking to the lady ISN reporter who's pressing him (ooer!) on getting Sinclair to do an interview, so to divert her he picks up an object and tells her he's not sure about the translation, but it's either an aphrodisac or a furniture polish. He can't decide if it's worth the risk. He does, hence the quote.

Wasn't it supposedly the cause of his baldness?

Wasn't it supposedly the cause of his baldness?
I don't think so. Ivanova's line in "Racing Mars" was:
Yes, even if it did make Mr. Garibaldi's hair fall out. You had no way of knowing what was in that bottle. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Just in case he asks.
Emphasis mine.

Jan

Oh dear. Minus several zillion points for effort, but as you say, you're busy. :devil:

So.... (hah!)

Next one, let's make it a toughie....

"And because, ------ or -----, you would -- it -- --."

Wow! All this time, and no-one got it?
OK then, it's Londo to Refa on the poisoning of the latter by the former. Missing words are

sooner, later, do, to and me.

Try an easier one then?

"I try not to get -------- in my --- ----."

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back