B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old June 11th 03, 23:21   #21
channe
First One

Re: Firefly, WTF!

Dude -- Psion -- I did that with Rangers, and my friends made a pact with one another to never, never, ever listen to me about television EVER again.

channe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th 03, 23:24   #22
PsionTen
First One

Granted, the show has to not suck in order for it to work.
PsionTen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th 03, 00:32   #23
CelleDuSoleil
Ambassador

Quote:
Well, aren't we all responsible?
What is this "we", white man? I'm Canadian

Quote:
... but if you don't get others to watch then it is partially your own fault.
Others? But there in lies the rub -- you could convert hundreds, all of which would be irrelevant if they didn't have a magic box. But, wait, you say, eventually all these people would reach enough people with magic boxes. In the four monthes that the show is on the air. But it's still the fans' responsiblity to get people to watch, isn't it? And completely their fault if not enough Nielsen families do. Yeah, it's completely the fans' fault they they didn't get enought people with Nielsen boxes to watch within those four monthes by any means necessary.

They should have taken out ads on popular publications. They should have started calling people from the phone book demanding, begging, threating, whatever it takes to get people to watch. No wait, that's not very efficient cuz they really had less then four monthes to raise those rating. I know! They should have hacked into Nielsen Media Research's database and changed the figures! Why didn't those lazy Yanks think of that? You are so right Psion, it really is America's fault. Those slackers. And they think their piddly little websites and campaigns and conventions are enough. Shame on you America for losing us the best damn shows on TV! Shame!
CelleDuSoleil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th 03, 01:35   #24
SamGadsby
First One

Aren't most shows, and actors, on American shows actually ... Canadian?

I love Firefly, I'm definitely getting the DVDs. (It's DVD summer for me Firefly, due South, DS9)
I didn't like the theme song though, at first. But now it's grown on me.
SamGadsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th 03, 03:39   #25
AntonyF
Administrator

*kneels down and thanks the BBC*

UK TV is just so less full of this crap. I'm not denying US TV is full of crap, in their decision making.
AntonyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th 03, 10:59   #26
The Juche Warrior
First One

Quote:

#6 -- The Flash

Holy crap. Talk about your flashbacks. I'll agree with you if for no other reason than to get that English chick back on the air.
The Juche Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th 03, 11:11   #27
PsionTen
First One

Quote:
What is this "we", white man? I'm Canadian
If I'm white then my momma has a lot of explaining to do to my father.

Quote:
Others? But there in lies the rub -- you could convert hundreds, all of which would be irrelevant if they didn't have a magic box. But, wait, you say, eventually all these people would reach enough people with magic boxes. In the four monthes that the show is on the air. But it's still the fans' responsiblity to get people to watch, isn't it? And completely their fault if not enough Nielsen families do. Yeah, it's completely the fans' fault they they didn't get enought people with Nielsen boxes to watch within those four monthes by any means necessary.

They should have taken out ads on popular publications. They should have started calling people from the phone book demanding, begging, threating, whatever it takes to get people to watch. No wait, that's not very efficient cuz they really had less then four monthes to raise those rating. I know! They should have hacked into Nielsen Media Research's database and changed the figures! Why didn't those lazy Yanks think of that? You are so right Psion, it really is America's fault. Those slackers. And they think their piddly little websites and campaigns and conventions are enough. Shame on you America for losing us the best damn shows on TV! Shame!
Look, you can blame the networks, the Nielsen families, the ozone layer, or whatever else, but no one has a bigger say in what stays on the air than us.
Old June 12th 03, 11:19   #28
zootle
Commander

I blame vegetarians.
zootle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th 03, 11:30   #29
PsionTen
First One

Quote:
Holy crap. Talk about your flashbacks. I'll agree with you if for no other reason than to get that English chick back on the air.
I just did an IMdB search of her (Amanda Pays)and it turns out that she's married to Corbin Bernsen...jeez.
Old June 12th 03, 11:58   #30
CelleDuSoleil
Ambassador

Quote:
If I'm white then my momma has a lot of explaining to do to my father.
Or the other way around -- genetics is a tricky business

Quote:
Look, you can blame the networks, the Nielsen families, the ozone layer, or whatever else, but no one has a bigger say in what stays on the air than us.
Except for the network executives that actually make the decision as what stays on the air based on the numbers they get from the Nielsen families. The ozone layer is not, to my knowledge, a sentient entity and thus will not be blamed for anything. That it's all a vegetarian conspiracy is a given
CelleDuSoleil is offline   Reply With Quote