• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Firefly, WTF!

Dude -- Psion -- I did that with Rangers, and my friends made a pact with one another to never, never, ever listen to me about television EVER again.

:)

Well, aren't we all responsible?
What is this "we", white man? I'm Canadian :cool:

... but if you don't get others to watch then it is partially your own fault.
Others? But there in lies the rub -- you could convert hundreds, all of which would be irrelevant if they didn't have a magic box. But, wait, you say, eventually all these people would reach enough people with magic boxes. In the four monthes that the show is on the air. But it's still the fans' responsiblity to get people to watch, isn't it? And completely their fault if not enough Nielsen families do. Yeah, it's completely the fans' fault they they didn't get enought people with Nielsen boxes to watch within those four monthes by any means necessary.

They should have taken out ads on popular publications. They should have started calling people from the phone book demanding, begging, threating, whatever it takes to get people to watch. No wait, that's not very efficient cuz they really had less then four monthes to raise those rating. I know! They should have hacked into Nielsen Media Research's database and changed the figures! Why didn't those lazy Yanks think of that? You are so right Psion, it really is America's fault. Those slackers. And they think their piddly little websites and campaigns and conventions are enough. Shame on you America for losing us the best damn shows on TV! Shame!

Aren't most shows, and actors, on American shows actually ... Canadian?

I love Firefly, I'm definitely getting the DVDs. (It's DVD summer for me :) Firefly, due South, DS9)
I didn't like the theme song though, at first. But now it's grown on me. :LOL:

*kneels down and thanks the BBC*

UK TV is just so less full of this crap. I'm not denying US TV is full of crap, in their decision making.

What is this "we", white man? I'm Canadian

If I'm white then my momma has a lot of explaining to do to my father.

Others? But there in lies the rub -- you could convert hundreds, all of which would be irrelevant if they didn't have a magic box. But, wait, you say, eventually all these people would reach enough people with magic boxes. In the four monthes that the show is on the air. But it's still the fans' responsiblity to get people to watch, isn't it? And completely their fault if not enough Nielsen families do. Yeah, it's completely the fans' fault they they didn't get enought people with Nielsen boxes to watch within those four monthes by any means necessary.

They should have taken out ads on popular publications. They should have started calling people from the phone book demanding, begging, threating, whatever it takes to get people to watch. No wait, that's not very efficient cuz they really had less then four monthes to raise those rating. I know! They should have hacked into Nielsen Media Research's database and changed the figures! Why didn't those lazy Yanks think of that? You are so right Psion, it really is America's fault. Those slackers. And they think their piddly little websites and campaigns and conventions are enough. Shame on you America for losing us the best damn shows on TV! Shame!

Look, you can blame the networks, the Nielsen families, the ozone layer, or whatever else, but no one has a bigger say in what stays on the air than us.

Holy crap. Talk about your flashbacks. I'll agree with you if for no other reason than to get that English chick back on the air.

I just did an IMdB search of her (Amanda Pays)and it turns out that she's married to Corbin Bernsen...jeez.

If I'm white then my momma has a lot of explaining to do to my father.
:LOL: Or the other way around -- genetics is a tricky business ;)

Look, you can blame the networks, the Nielsen families, the ozone layer, or whatever else, but no one has a bigger say in what stays on the air than us.
Except for the network executives that actually make the decision as what stays on the air based on the numbers they get from the Nielsen families. The ozone layer is not, to my knowledge, a sentient entity and thus will not be blamed for anything. That it's all a vegetarian conspiracy is a given :D

Hey I told people to watch firefly, I guess it didn't work. Damn. It just goes to show that quality shows will always strugle while crap continues to be stren across the airwaves. I cannot describe how angry I was when Firefly was replaced by "Fastlane"...

And I loved that theme song from Firefly. When is it coming out on DVD? Hadn't heard about that.

I never did like Buffy or Angel, but was hooked on Firefly right away. Strange, eh?

Dude -- Psion -- I did that with Rangers, and my friends made a pact with one another to never, never, ever listen to me about television EVER again.

:)

Rangers, who knew it'd be like that? *shrug* Wish they'd had test screenings for B5 fans. Maybe it could have been headed off.

Well, aren't we all responsible?
What is this "we", white man? I'm Canadian :cool:

... but if you don't get others to watch then it is partially your own fault.

Anybody got a mop? There's a sarcasm spill at the bottom of CelleDuSoleil's post. :D

I love Firefly, BtVS (except for the last season) and Angel.

Well, hopefully, we'll get a Firefly movie.

I enjoy tv more than movies with a few exceptions. TV is about characters, and thats what I love about Firefly. I dunno if it would work as a movie. Same with Farscape.

Aside: seeing as they stopped showing Farscape in my country I've resorted to acquiring a few of the best episodes by other means (until I can afford to buy the DVDs). I loved "Out of their minds" and "The way we were'nt" is one of the best hours of tv I've ever seen.

I'd really appreciate it people could list the absolute best arc and standalone episodes. Thanks

I'd really appreciate it people could list the absolute best arc and standalone episodes. Thanks

Starting from what point in the series? The two that you mentioned (OoTM and TWWW) were both S2 episodes, so have you seen all of S2? That would be through Die Me Dichotomy (Which is right after the Liars, Guns, and Money trilogy).

The best stand alones is a tough list to compile for someone. There are a number of episodes that some people think are among the best of the entire series that other people think are among the worst of the entire series. If you have seen all of S2, then what did you think of Won't Get Fooled Again? Knowing your opinion of that one would help in knowing whether to point you at some of the more "experimental" episodes in S3 and S4 (such as Scratch 'n Sniff or John Quixote).

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back