• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Greatest Lightsaber Duel

Greatest Lightsaber Duel

• Qui-Gon Ginn vs. Darth Maul (Tatooine)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Obi-Wan Kenobi & Qui-Gon Gin vs. Darth Maul

• Obi-Wan Kenobi & Anakin Skywalker vs. Count Dooku

• Yoda vs. Count Dooku

• Obi-Wan Kenobi vs. Darth Vader

• Luke Skywalker vs. Darth Vader(Bespin)

• Luke Skywalker vs. Darth Vader (Death Star)

• Total voters

Sinclair

Just got finished watching Attack of the Clones for probably the 20th time and still can't get over Yoda's lightsaber duel with Dooku. I thought I'd start a poll to see what your favorite lightsaber duel is.

Can I vote twice? That's a tough choice, actually. I selected the 2-on-1 from Phantom Menace, simply because I thought Darth Maul's double lightsaber was cool. I *wanted* to vote for Luke vs Vader on Bespin:

*Impressive...Most impressive. But you are not a Jedi, yet.*

I actually think the Yoda duel was the best, but I voted for Luke v. Darth Vader on the Death Star because the music made the action that more intense.

I thought the Qui-gon / Obi-wan vs Darth Maul was the best. The chorography on that was amazing. The double light saber. It made all the saber battles of the first 3 star wars movies look like they were 2 guys standing still swinging their sabers at one another.

That was hard... It all boiled down to Luke vs. Vader at Bespin or Luke vs. Vader on the Death Star... but Bespin won! I mean, they each pulled off plenty of tricks, but then Vader just pulled out all the stops and beat the crap out of Luke.

I suppose honorable mention should also go out to the 2-on-1 duel in PM and Yoda's bit of action in AotC.

Going just by spectacle and action, I definitely pick the Darth Maul vs two guys scene.

But Luke vs Darth is just so classic. That one should win for cinematic virtue.

The threesome is the most spectacular and interesting to watch. But, the classic trilogy fights are all pretty good.

My strong distaste for AOTC prevents me from voting for Yoda vs. Dooku.

Admiral Dave

the duel between dooku and yoda was defintaley kewl...

but i had to vote for the phantom menace "quigon and obiwan vs. maul" battle too ^_^. the choreohraphy in that duel was awesome!! and to think that maul was using a two headed lightsabre too...against two enemies O.O! heheh...not to mention that that battle was mostly done by real humans too...unlike yoda who was cgi

That was hard to pick. On a purely cinematic, dramtic level, the Luke vs Darth on Death Star wins that one. That was intense.

On a purely choreographic level, Darth Maul battle wins that one. It was fast paced, unique, and just all around damn good.

But, on a "holy crap" level, the Yoda fight wins. The feel of seeing Yoda kick ass for the first time was just awesome. It's lost its luster now, but the first time I saw that I was in shock. Good stuff (but now that it's worn off I'm insanely bored of AOTC)

Voted for Darth Vader vs Luke in the Death Star, its probably my favourite Star Wars moment. The music was excellent, and im still amazed at how good the saber fight was, one could barely tell its the original trilogy.

Anyways, ask me in 2005 and ill tell you my favourite duel is Anakin versus Obi Wan :)

I voted for Darth vs. Luke on the Deathstar. Sure the new trilogy has more special effects and more money than the original, but when I watch Luke and Darth I actually feel for these characters. So far I have not had any emotional attachment to the characters in TPM or AoTC. They were good movies but I will always like the original trilogy above all else. Unless the next and last film proves me wrong. :D

Anyone wanna sign an online petition to get the original trilogy on DVD? Lucas said he was never going to do this but you never know, maybe some fans can change his mind.

Original Trilogy on DVD Petition

he will, after Episode III. Just not the pre-SE versions. He wont change his mind, Lucas doesnt really care much about what fans say, its his story, and he wants SW to be remembered like that in the future.

HELMET: What the hell am I looking at? When does this happen in the movie?
SANDURZ: Now. You're looking at now, sir. Everything that happens now, is happening now.

HELMET: What happened to then?

SANDURZ: We passed then?

HELMET: When?

SANDURZ: Just now. We're at now, now.

HELMET: Go back to then.

SANDURZ: When?

HELMET: Now.

SANDURZ: Now?

HELMET: Now.

SANDURZ: I can't.

HELMET: Why?

SANDURZ: We missed it.