• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

24: Day 2 2:00-3:00 am SPOILERS

Whoa! It's a Kanadian invasion:eek: Kiefer gets his ass tortured (literally) by a fellow Kanadian who is very impolite about it. Obviously, Peter Outerbridge is very jealous that Kiefer got his own show. And then Justin Louis shows up to mess up Carrie's hair and continue the Kanadian invasion. Are we sure "24" isn't filmed in Vancouver?

Mike turns to the Dark Side -- saw that coming. Lynn forgets that she was a bad-ass Maquis in a previous life who could have so wiped the floor with that guy. Two words, Rolaide: Cell. Phone.

Yusef and Katey get in a spot of rather predictable trouble and whatta ya wanna bet that chip gonna fall into the wrong hands?

And the best part: no Kim. Life is good :D Except for the torture and stuff ...

Many have said before that this show would be much better if Kim weren't in it.

Many were right.

It also looks like, at least for now, I was right about the last episode being "house cleaning" for her.

I kind of feel for Mike- his reasoning is actually sound. It's just his loyalty that comes into question a bit.

Poor Jack. I wonder if he'll survive. :)

He ain't dead! Momentarily stopping all his vital signs using ancient Tantric techniques is just a clever ploy to get Stark (who must be related to Sark -- they both have that sadistic yet not unattractive thing going) to cut him down.

You got hand it to Kiefer -- he really gives it up for his art cuz there's no way he was wearing anything in some of those scenes. :eek:

Pretty good episode although there were many predictable moments. That whole Michelle's brother showing up and attacking Carrie thing kind of came out of nowhere. I was expecting something with Mike but wasn't sure to what extent. Like GKE, I don't think he's a bad guy but he seems to have lost his loyalty to Palmer. Even last season he seemed like the least likely person to change his loyalty. And now we have the return of Chappelle, to add to the already mass amounts of drama.

I agree with Mike's decision as well. Palmer's quick decision followed by continuous indecision isn't helping anyone, even if we know it's for the right reason.

I am finding the whole roller coaster thing a bit tedious. There are so many obstacles in each plotline, it's ridiculous. These people have to make three left turns to make a right. And the whole situation at CTU is headed for the toilet. Smoochy smoochy - come on. Although the preview for next week shows that it might get better.
;)

But hey, an episode without Kim (and Sherry) is great for those reasons alone. And the nasty disclaimers always bode well. I think Kiefer was having a flashback to "Flatliners".
:LOL:

I agree with Mike's decision as well. Palmer's quick decision followed by continuous indecision isn't helping anyone, even if we know it's for the right reason.

I'm feeling rather ambiguous about Mike's decision. On one hand, he thinks it's for the good of the country, so I can't really fault his motives, but, dude, Treason! Bad! If he didn't believe in Palmer enough to stand behind him when the going got tough then he had no business working so hard to put him into office in the first place. And, judging from the previews, Mike's gonna find himself nose-deep in doodoo cuz actions -> consequences.

But hey, an episode without Kim (and Sherry) is great for those reasons alone. And the nasty disclaimers always bode well. I think Kiefer was having a flashback to "Flatliners".

*sniker* But I fear our beloved Kim will be back. And lay off the smoochies. Smoochies lead to blackmail, and I like extortion plots :p

I just really have a little issue with part of the plot this week. If the chip is that important, why were they waiting for Jack? Shouldn't they have been heading back to CTU (or to meet up with CTU) immediately? Jack's resourceful and either could have escaped on his own or they wouldn't be able to help him. And if they did meet up, wouldn't Jack have led the wrong people right back to the chip? And then they wait for over a half hour? That was so asking for trouble.

Blame it on Kate. Yusef was all "we've already given him more time then he asked for, let's go to CTU and save my as-of-still unnamed country". And Kate was, like, "no, we have to wait for the plot device xeno- ... I mean Jack."

I've got a love-hate relationship with 24. The show's bursts of originality are becoming less and less common, only to be replaced by reams of predictable tv cliches. Surprises like the hacksaw have given way to the cougar and good old boys with caps (in Los Angeles?) saying "Yeah, he's a towel-head alright!"

I'll finish it up for completeness, but I think I'm pretty much over it.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back