• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

24 : Day 2: Midnight - 1:00AM SPOILERS

First thoughts, in no particular order:
- How dare Mike and Lynn try to get between Palmer and Jack! Don't they know that you can't beat True Love? :p
- Youssef's gotta really cool accent :cool:
- Jack will SO not let Katey's kake get kooked.
- That Coral Snake tattoo is the goofiest tattoo I've seen in a long time.
- Die, Garcia! Die! Next to you Kim looks like a MENSA shoe-in! I'm only sorry someone didn't take you out before you managed to procreate.
- Kiefer did some primo acting in that natural born killer scene.
- Was that a PC Carrie was using to change the security permissions? Cuz we all know what that means.

Another cool episode. The mid-east ambassador dude is kicking some ass, Kate and Jack's budding romance is being tested, the Kim situation got minimal screen time, and the White House politics is heating up.

I agree.

The Kim deal was totally in the background, which was good.

I liked Jack dealing with the guy from one of the three targeted countries.
I LOVED how right after he promised her he would protect her, he called the guy back, basically taking the chance of sacrificing her for the greater good. Even if he has a plan, he is putting her in serious danger, which was a great character scene. He knew he HAD to do it or else.

The political stuff is getting interesting as well.

My one major problem with the plot is that Palmer is going to war to soon after the bomb went off. After 9/11, we waiting over a month before hitting Afghanistan.

My one major problem with the plot is that Palmer is going to war to soon after the bomb went off. After 9/11, we waiting over a month before hitting Afghanistan.
Part of that was that the military (or parts of them) "suspiciously" had troops and everything ready to go. And just by chance they had ran drills to attack those countries. So from that aspect it is supposed to look fishy. But the reality is there isnt a way we could get the amount of manpower over there without people knowing ahead of time. I dont think that part washes either. But yea, the going to war part is happening rather quickly.

The speed of the military build up is unrealistic, but dramatically necessary because
a) some of the bad guys are obviously within the military and WANT a war
b) the good guys, Jack and his long-lost brother Palmer, have to stop the war at the very last moment

I didn't see too much issue with the quick response. They did state these were only bombers going in to target specific installations in the countries. I believe (not this week but the week before) they said the full assault wouldn't begin right away but they could start bombing runs. Very shortly after the terrorist attacks on two embessies in 1998 (I think) Clinton ordered air strikes against al-Qaeda targets so air strikes can happen almost immediately - and that wasn't dealing with an H-bomb on home US soil. I do think they're moving fast but I don't think ordering bombing strikes is too fast.

The speed of the military build up is unrealistic, but dramatically necessary because
a) some of the bad guys are obviously within the military and WANT a war
b) the good guys, Jack and his long-lost brother Palmer, have to stop the war at the very last moment

c) The premise of the show requires that the whole story play out withing a 24 hour period.

I do think they're moving fast but I don't think ordering bombing strikes is too fast.

1) If they were only hitting Second Wave camps, this would be true. They are in too much of a rush to commit to hitting the *countries* when there is any bit of doubt about their complicity. Noone would call them somft on terrorism or anything like that if the strikes came a day or two later, after they had removed any doubt that they were hitting the right people.

2) Unless they have repositioned stealth bombers (which were mentioned in the dialog) to be carrier based in the Gulf, the going ahead without telling the allies would cause huge diplomatic incidents (possibly including demands to remove any bases in their countries) with every country whose air space we used on the way to the unnamed countries in the show.

Back