• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Tremors (spoilers)

Don't apologize. It spoils itself. :LOL:

First movie wasn't bad, second so-so and the third outright bad IMO. But a series? I can't see it building a fan base large enough to support it.

I gave it a shot and tried to watch it... "tried" being the operative word. After watching 30 minutes of it, I decided to give up and watch the NCAA tournament. The truly sad thing is that I could actually see how this series might have worked.... like a Northern Exposure meets the Twilight Zone sort of thing, but alas they decided to take the easy way out.

What I want to know is who wrote those "Burt Gummer" commercial spots, because there was more humor and style in those 30 second spots than in the 30 minutes I watched of the show itself.

I watched it, and it's not as bad as I thought it would be. Of course, I missed the second episode because L&O:SVU was coming on, but it's still... alright. As long as there's nothing better on, that is. At least Michael Gross is still good. Everytime he was in a scene, it was at least bearable. When he wasn't there, I didn't much care about what was going on.

Overall, the main plus of the show is Gross. The negatives are.... well, mostly everything else. The cast isn't all that bad, really, but... You just can't DO that much with a single graboid, i.e. El Blanco.

And was that Christopher Lloyd in the second ep? I at least flipped back to it during commercial breaks to catch whatever I could.

There's also one more thing working for Tremors: It's better than BS.

My roommate turned that show on to "check it out" even though we both knew it was going to utterly blow.

I actually think I lost IQ points and am a stupider person because of viewing that show. Typical Sci-Fi channel schlock.

Overall, the main plus of the show is Gross. The negatives are.... well, mostly everything else. The cast isn't all that bad, really, but... You just can't DO that much with a single graboid, i.e. El Blanco.

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

Well, I caught the last 30 minutes of the second ep, and they had a plaot thing to take care of that. Seems a bacteria that sucks water from anything excaped, and started killing people. It came from a secret underground biotech lab (somehow known by burt and a former scientist that worked there) from the cold war era.

Skipping to the end, a chemical called mixmaster that allows DNA to mix very easly was released into the local enviroment and would cause the local creatures DNA to mix willy nilly.The way it got out needs very big suspension of disbelife. Anyway, the former scientist said that it fortunatly had no effect on humans, but would start causing lots of mutations that would be contained by the valley. He also said 99% of mutants would die at birth, but there would be that 1%.

Hmm, read the Scare Tactics thread for more information but you will be happy to hear that it appears to have been canceled. SciFi has dropped it from it's schedule. ;)

My roommate turned that show on to "check it out" even though we both knew it was going to utterly blow.

I actually think I lost IQ points and am a stupider person because of viewing that show.

Don't you hate it when that happens? :rolleyes: Better fortify yourself by watching something good, immediately afterward. ;)

Originally posted by Lyta:
Hmm, read the Scare Tactics thread for more information but you will be happy to hear that it appears to have been canceled. SciFi has dropped it from it's schedule. ;)

Re.: Tremors: The Series

Sci Fi Pulls 'Tremors,' 'Cleopatra'

Excerpt:

Thursday, May 1, 2003 - 4:58 PM
Sci Fi Pulls 'Tremors,' 'Cleopatra'
By Brian Ford Sullivan

CHICAGO (thefutoncritic.com) -- Sci Fi's hot streak could be coming to an
end as the cable channel announced today it has pulled its original drama
"Tremors: The Series" and repeats of former syndicated series "Cleopatra
2525" from its Friday schedule. Encores from "Stargate SG-1's" sixth season
will take over both hours (8:00/7:00c and 9:00/8:00c) beginning this week.
Fellow Friday series "Scare Tactics" however will continue to run fresh
installments at 10:00/9:00c.

So far, they've aired just 6 episodes of the 13:

Feeding Frenzy
Ghost Dance
Night of the Shriekers
Blast from the Past
Flora or Fauna
Hit and Run

... so as the Tremors site
http://www.scifi.com/tremors/episodes/
...says: "All New Episodes Return in June!"...

...but that doesn't mean that reports of the death of Tremors are
premature.

20-JUN-03 8:00 PM TREMORS: THE SERIES
20-JUN-03 12:00 AM TREMORS: THE SERIES

27-JUN-03 8:00 PM TREMORS: THE SERIES
27-JUN-03 12:00 AM TREMORS: THE SERIES

That's just two Fridays. They're burning off two more of the 13, and will
still have 5 left. Why aren't they airing Tremors: The Series every
Friday in June? After all, it's a summer month when competition should be
light.

When I saw Gateworld post the news, I had an idea, and I think your info KosnN verifies it. Stargate starts up June 13 with a making of or undressed type show, then the 2 hour season premiere. So there is no room for anything else that night. It makes no sense to start Tremors up again the week before since there is no new Stargate and it will be off the week of the 13th anyways.

SFC traditionally stays away from competing with the Big 3 networks during sweeps. So it makes sense not to see any new eps during May, and with SFC's random method of showing reruns and so few Tremors eps aired, it also makes a little sense not to show reruns of those eps during May.

The July schedule will probably prove it, but it was my impression they pulled Tremors to have something new to air alongside the first few eps of Stargate Season 7. SFC has done this in the past and it makes sense, especially if they are hoping they can pull in the Stargate viewers to watch Tremors (not me, although I might watch 1 Tremors ep just 'cause).

If SFC stays true to form, there will be no eps on the Friday nearest the 4th of July, and eps will resume the following weekend.

So it makes sense for Tremors not to start up until the 20th of June judging from when Stargate starts up, and so I cannot see anything not normal yet from their moves.

We shall just have to see what happens.

SmG

Sci Fi's hot streak could be coming to an
end
Hot streak? When was that? Did I blink when I shouldn't have?

Fellow Friday series "Scare Tactics" however will continue to run fresh
installments
They must be using a different definition of the word "fresh" then I'm used to if they're talking about this reality-TV show ...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back